Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Canada Post Canadian Astronaut Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada Post Canadian Astronaut Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted
I was at a collector show a couple weeks ago and found some very interesting cards from Canada Post which I'd like to share with everyone here. They were produced to promote the astronauts of the Canadian Space Agency. These include Marc Garneau, Roberta Bondar, and Chris Hadfield. After some research, I found that there were eight stamps released in this series, they could be bought singly, as a package, or as 'first day' editions. I went ahead and found a set later to complete these. By the way, there were eight cards to match the stamps.

Anyhow, while there was still information on the Canada Post website about this release ,which was in 2003, there is nothing at all mentioned about the cards. A subsequent Google search turned up nothing as well. Obviously there had to be a fair number of these cards produced, but due to the circumstances, one can only speculate how many are available out there at present...

Now for the pics to share- enjoy!

Front side

Back Side

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Komodo, thanks for posting those here. Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post