Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Breygent Released my "Unapproved Dexter Cards"

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Breygent Released my "Unapproved Dexter Cards"
 Login/Join

posted
I did these 3 sample cards for Dexter Season 1 set. I scanned and emailed them to Tom from Breygent. I was told I was not approved for the set and to please return the cards. I sent back the cards as told and did not hear anything about them again.

I just checked Ebay tonight...
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEXTER-SEA...3eb4d8#ht_2449wt_907

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEXTER-SEA...293d16#ht_2449wt_907

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-DEXTE...&hash=item25603eb69e

Now you tell me how a collector got his/her hands on three of my sample cards that didn't get approved and were SENT DIRECTLY BACK TO BREYGENT. I don't even care that I didn't work on the set, but as a company, don't try to fool collectors into thinking certain artists were included in a set that they weren't.

I was not an official artist in this set and these cards should be looked at as fraudulent and non official.

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Report This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
what does Tom have to say about this ?

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't really give a **** at this point..... It just bothers me that collector's were deceived into thinking I was involved in that set. And I understand when I return the cards they were his property or whatever, but don't tell me I wasn't approved, then sell or release my cards as part of the set.

Jim Kyle

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I can certainly see where you would be ticked off by this and you have every right to voice your complaint. However your first step is to contact Breygent, and absent that, I don't know how anyone reading the thread can form any opinion without hearing Tom's response.

And you can still log a complaint with eBay if you can show that the descriptions misrepresent the official nature of the sketches.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I really have no desire to speak with Tom...I just posted this to let collector's beware that I was not on the set but my unapproved sample cards were inserted and or sold. That's the only reason I posted this plain and simple.

Jim Kyle

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimKyle:
I really have no desire to speak with Tom...I just posted this to let collector's beware that I was not on the set but my unapproved sample cards were inserted and or sold. That's the only reason I posted this plain and simple.

Did you contact the seller????

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep....contacted the seller and I was just awaiting a response.

Jim Kyle

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Well, for whatever it's worth, all three auctions have been "ended".

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Well, for whatever it's worth, all three auctions have been "ended".

Do you believe in coincidences? Big Grin Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the reply I received back from the seller:

Hi, Mr Jim bought at the philly non sport show.I sent back to the company which they said they were supposed to be shreded "DID NOT SELL"..So you have nothing to be worried about Mr Breyer contacted me and said how Did you get these, been taken care of.I love your work have alot of your lord of the rings sketchs which I wont sell..Thanks for your interest..Ac P.s why didnt you do dexter would of been great if you did..

Now thats all fine, but my question still is....How did these three sample cards get to be sold at the Philly Show, if I shipped them directly back to Breygent?

Jim Kyle

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
I can understand Jim being pissed about this, but I can also see how it may have happened. If the cards came back and were put down in the wrong place or open by the wrong person they may have been included and packed in error.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Report This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mistakes DO happen and it has been rectified - surely that is enough?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
yea.....I'm sure it was rectified. Roll Eyes Got away with it was more like it.

Jim Kyle

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Cards were given in a box mistakenly at Philly show. I saw on eBay and seller stopped them right away once I saw this and told seller it was mistake and they were sent back to me .Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Report This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I really wanted to be the bigger person here but since Jim wants to be this way the reason Jim is pissed is because Jim knows he will never work for me again due to being unprofessional and not finishing his 2 projects with me and he has done this numerous times in the past but I always gave Jim another chance. I guess my fault for being such a nice person to Jim and cutting him slack as he is never on time and also my fault for treating him to dinner and drinks. Live and learn I guess Tom

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Ps:This was in a promo box as I heard Jim was doing the show and I was going to give them back to him but he didn't come near my table at the show because of what he did on the last 2 projects.I could really say a lot more but I will leave it at what I said. I saw these running and had them stopped right away.

posted Hide Post
Yea Im sure I'm pissed because I'll never work for you again....you mean I saved my career by not working with Breygent anymore. Damn, I'll never be able to draw Rainbow Bright again....Please Tom don't flatter yourself. No, the reason I'm pissed is because it was really ****** to tell me I wasn't approved on a set then go and sell my samples as part of the same set I wasn't approved for... which I was never compensated for. Find me any artist here or any logically thinking person as a matter of fact to disagree with me.

PS....Yea Im sure Breygent was really going to return my sample cards to me that were done on official stock.

Jim Kyle

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, you both have had your say now and you've gotten the word out there Jim that you were not an official artist on the set, and that your unapproved sample cards were inserted and/or sold, as you say was your only intent for this thread.

So in my opinion, I think this thread and this topic has run their course and I will close the thread now as I don't see it going anywhere but even further downhill from here.

Thanks.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post