Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vikings
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted
Man, someone really needs to do a Vikings set from the History Channel....just hinting.... Thumb Up

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Geez Willgull Twak Big Grin
You got me all excited for a second thinking that a set was being made! Big Grin

But I agree, someone really needs to make a set out of this show (hint, hint Rittenhouse!!)

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I am all for this series. I just finished the first season.

Posts: 901 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the show. This would make an awesome set. I can see the costume cards now.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
I got a little excited too, thinking a set was being made. Big Grin Then remembered it wasn't in the 'rumours' threads. Smile

The team behind making the Vikings show is basically the same as the Tudors(even the same soundtrack composer too!), so I was hoping for Breygent to get hold of it as they did a great job with the Tudors. You also don't get endless parallels with that company which RA seem obsessed with these days. Each card is quality with Breygent and their costume/prop cards for the Tudors were some of the best I've ever seen and some of my all time favourites in my collection.

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
I got a little excited too, thinking a set was being made. Big Grin Then remembered it wasn't in the 'rumours' threads. Smile

The team behind making the Vikings show is basically the same as the Tudors(even the same soundtrack composer too!), so I was hoping for Breygent to get hold of it as they did a great job with the Tudors. You also don't get endless parallels with that company which RA seem obsessed with these days. Each card is quality with Breygent and their costume/prop cards for the Tudors were some of the best I've ever seen and some of my all time favourites in my collection.

That's very true about Breygent's Tudors set, I really don't like all the levels of parallels with RA I find them quite off putting but I do like the RA FB auto style and the fact that they carry the same style of autos over different seasons of the sets to keep continuity.
I said them because I every other company I can think of change the look of each different seasons autos which I really hate. Makes me miss InkWorks Frown

And I didn't realise it was the same team making the shows, no wonder it is so good.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
Yeah Vikings has the same writer/creator as the Tudors, Michael Hirst.(Not to be confused with the great Kiwi actor/director Michael Hurst) And the costume and set designers are basically the same with a beautiful soundtrack each season by Trevor Morris, who did stunning music for the Tudors.

It's like the Game of Thrones sets. The first two sets were great and I'm still loving RA's GoT sets and excited about the new one. BUT I'm a bit fed up of the increasing and lazy parallels, which they're doing and now spreading to the Bond sets in places.

So there's 100 card base, 100 card silver, 100 card gold. And even a gold parallel to some of the chase sets. It's madness. I wouldn't mind if the parallels showed different photos or the scene from another angle, but the current format with RA is very off-putting and definitely has made me a pick-and-choose collector of RA rather than trying for master or mini-master sets.

Posts: 423 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hedgehog Witch:
It's like the Game of Thrones sets. The first two sets were great and I'm still loving RA's GoT sets and excited about the new one. BUT I'm a bit fed up of the increasing and lazy parallels, which they're doing and now spreading to the Bond sets in places.

So there's 100 card base, 100 card silver, 100 card gold. And even a gold parallel to some of the chase sets. It's madness. I wouldn't mind if the parallels showed different photos or the scene from another angle, but the current format with RA is very off-putting and definitely has made me a pick-and-choose collector of RA rather than trying for master or mini-master sets.

Couldn't agree with you more Hedgehog Witch! I am now a pick and chooser too, mainly just collecting the autos and a base for each season.

That's the big reason I like continuity between different seasons of sets, because I like to keep all the autos for a show together like one big huge set and I hate when they all look different. I guess that's my ocd coming out Razz

Also the reason why I'm not interested in collecting any more seasons of the Vampire Diaries, because I hate that they have changed the auto style for each season.
It drives me crazy and it's why I won't buy any more Crypto stuff, no matter how much I like the license.
I must say though, at least their Hobbit Desolation of Smaug autos seem to look similar to the first movies autos.
Why can't they do that for tv shows?

So for me I would still prefer RA to make a Vikings set over anyone else at the moment.