Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Help to post a picture
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help to post a picture
 Login/Join

Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted
Hi,
I posted under set building to send a box of base sets, chase
Sketch card etc. I would like to post a picture of the Firefly the verse 1 of 1 card, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi Scorpiovamp: You need to upload the picture somewhere else. The server doesn't allow photo uploads here on Card Talk.

Once you upload the image, you'll need the URL address of the image. Once you have it, you can make your post as usual. Wherever you want the image, you can do one of these two options:

1) Click the image icon (it should be in the row of icons in the post window) and you can paste the URL address there and click 'ok'.

2) Or you can simply post "[IMG]" and "[/IMG]" immediately before and after the URL address (without the quotes).

This all may sound complicated but it's really too difficult.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have been using a site called imgur. You can create a free account on imgur.com.

Once you have an account you can upload your photograph to imgur, and imgur will give you the 'share links.' I think I use the BBCode share link on Card Talk -- just copy that share link into a post on Card Talk and your image will show up.

If this is confusing there are youtube videos that go through posting from imgur to forums step by step.

Good luck!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I had been thinking about this topic recently and was planning on making a suggestion so why not here. As I was going through some older threads, I tried to click on some images and either because the poster was no longer a registered user here or he/she deleted their image hosting account or posted a link to an Ebay auction which accessibility expired after 90 days, their pictures were no longer viewable. I have noticed this many times and it's a shame that we as a group are losing images of some great cards posted over the years. Perhaps we should require (Harris feel free to chime in) all images to be posted in a certain format on this board so that pictures are preserved for future collectors. Just a thought.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
All my Photobucket posts are lost, although I still have personal files of most of them.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's the reason. Images have disappeared on all sorts of sites because Photobucket users stopped when the fee went up and the app turned them off. I never mastered the art myself, but for trading cards nearly all images can be found between Google and eBay anyway. I always thought it enough to just point the information out and the reader could look it up for themselves if interested.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I had been thinking about this topic recently and was planning on making a suggestion so why not here. As I was going through some older threads, I tried to click on some images and either because the poster was no longer a registered user here or he/she deleted their image hosting account or posted a link to an Ebay auction which accessibility expired after 90 days, their pictures were no longer viewable. I have noticed this many times and it's a shame that we as a group are losing images of some great cards posted over the years. Perhaps we should require (Harris feel free to chime in) all images to be posted in a certain format on this board so that pictures are preserved for future collectors. Just a thought.

I don't think anything on the net is really permanent as services change all the time. They go from free to paid; existing site to defunct site; etc. Even if we did require photos be placed in a certain spot, there's no guarantee it would exist in the same way 5 years from now (or even 1 year). It's a shame but the way of the net, I guess.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Here's a project I found on a stamp collecting forum. Are we up to it here?

Originally posted:

"Just grabbed the Photobucket URL for each missing image, saved it on my computer then uploaded into IMGUR and dropped it back into the post and went to the next one.

Even if you only see the "Ransom Clock", the image IS still there, and you can save it for ANY member.

If you have a favourite thread, you might like to volunteer to restore it too."

Recently posted:

"It is one year since Photobucket changed their terms and conditions without any notice and effectively held to ransom millions of images across the internet. As has been well documented the collective ******approach was a resoundingly positive one (but not to Photobucket) displaying a huge community spirit with thousands of hours being spent upgrading images.

As of today, ******* has been declared clear of old links to Photobucket and the volunteer effort to upgrade them has ended."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
It sounds way to complicated. I will just email a copy of the sketch card to anyone interested in the box offer.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
"Just grabbed the Photobucket URL for each missing image, saved it on my computer then uploaded into IMGUR and dropped it back into the post and went to the next one."

Based on the last part of that quote it seems like this would need to be done by either the original poster, or an admin/moderator.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post