Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a set based on Action Shows of the 80's. A set that had Magnum PI, A Team, Knight Rider, Airwolf, Simon and Simon. Could have some great auto's and subsets. i know Iam dreaming but dammit I don't care.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I'd like whoever has the DC license now to produce some new sets based on the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies.

Also, with all the LEGO video games (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, Harry Potter), how about a LEGO card set with some of those characters?

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Lego cards would be completely useless! I LOVE IT I WANT 2 Boxes. Each of those games get better and better....SmileMaybe as a subset in a Lego Anniversary set. Think of the Ship cards from Star Wars, older sets long forgotten. OH OH and an insert set that fit together to form a puzzle but cut like Lego bricks.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
There were some LEGO Star Wars cards released as a pre-order bonus at GameStop for the LEGO Star Wars II game.

Also, seeing as how Hasbro took their Star Wars Galactic Heroes concept and applied it to the Marvel characters to create Super-Hero Squad, which got a card set, how about a Galactic Heroes set? They're so cute!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dstrohmeng,

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL

AUTOGRAPHS
NIGEL BARKER,MISS JAY,MR JAY,BENI NINJA.
CYCLE 2
YOANNA HOUSE,SHANDI SULLIVAN
CYCLE 3
EVA PIGFORD ,NORELLE VAN HERK
CYCLE 7
AMANDA BABIN,MICHELLE BABIN,BABIN TWINS,CARIDEE ENGLISH
CYCLE 8
JAEL STRAUSS,JASLENE GONZALEZ,
CYCLE 9
HEATHER KUZMICH,SALESHA STOWER,BIANCA GOLDEN,SARAH HARTSHROME
CYCLE 11
ANALEIGH TIPTON
CYCLE 12
AMINAT AYINDE,FELICIA PORTER,CELIA AMMERMAN,TEYONA ANDERSON,ALISON HARVARD
CYCLE 13
LAURA KIRKPATRICK,NICOLE FOX,SUNDAI LOVE,ERIN WEYNER.

X3 NON PANEL EXIT CARDS
AMBER (THANK YOU JESUS) CYCLE 13
RACHEL (BAMBI EYES) CYCLE 13
HANNAH (FROM ALASKA) CYCLE 11

X13 WINNER CARDS

PORTFOLIO CARDS
X9 JAEL STRAUSS CYCLE 8
X9 FELICIA FO PORTER CYCLE 12
X9 BABIN TWINS CYCLE 7
X9 HEATHER KUZMICH CYCLE 9

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
THE SOUND OF MUSIC

companies in the past have released classic movies like,wizard of oz,gone with the wind and it's a wonderful life,
so i don't see any reason that the couldn't be a sound of music set.
the 7 von trap children could sign autograph cards (this would be especially good for me as as a young person i had major crushes on both Heather Menzies and Angela Cartwright)and there could be some neat material cards of the outfits made from curtains.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
This is more a mock up I would like to see from Rittenhouse. Note: This is not the real product

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Cool!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
THE SOUND OF MUSIC

companies in the past have released classic movies like,wizard of oz,gone with the wind and it's a wonderful life,
so i don't see any reason that the couldn't be a sound of music set.
the 7 von trap children could sign autograph cards (this would be especially good for me as as a young person i had major crushes on both Heather Menzies and Angela Cartwright)and there could be some neat material cards of the outfits made from curtains.

How about a set from MGM musicals? The King and The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, State Fair...many more.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The movie looks not-so-good, but the line-up of stars is impressive. I speak of the Expendables. I had a little fun with some mock-ups (aiming for a retro-80s Topps feel):

A little more: http://tradercracks.blogspot.c...see-expendables.html

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
OH YEAH Auto line up would be out of this world...sadly they would never sign...Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
For a popular demand, Avatar!

Stay tunes!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post

Note: This is a mock up and not an actual product from Topps ;-)

Title card

Characters subset

Base set

Behind the Scenes subset

Checklist card

Foil card

Motion card

Autograph card

Costume card

Sketch card

Stephane

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
out of this world Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
arch,i see your assuming their a topp's release ? i can tell by that irratating 10 card subset Razz

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
arch,i see your assuming their a topp's release ? i can tell by that irratating 10 card subset

No this is only a mock up and not an official release from Topps since they will be doing a widevision format instead.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Impressive Stephane! Love your mock ups Thumb Up

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Could you perhaps make a mock up of Spartacus: Blood and Sand (great show, go watch it all!!) and sent the scans to say Breygent or RA?? Wink

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL AVATAR MOCKUPS! GREAT JOB, ARCHIFOU!

I don't think Topps themselves could do it any better. Also, if ever 3-D process cards were appropriate, it'd be for Avatar, given the huge role the 3D aspect played in the unprecendented success of the movie at cinemas.

(and yes, I purposely used all caps in the top line above because I was yelling that as I typed it, so enthused was I. My cat thinks I'm insane, and is not shy in letting me know it. Let him talk, we'll see who's laughing when I take away his ATM card.) Wink

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the nice comments about my mock up about Avatar :-)

More to come in the future :-)