Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted
Here's the challenge:

If licensing was not a factor, and YOU were in charge of a card company, what card set would you make? Either a never before released set, or a remake of a set. Please include chase cards, autos (with signers), prop / memorabilia cards etc.

It was a discussion the other day with a friend, and I wondered what you guys could think up!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
My dream set:

1960's Batman Television show
90 card base set (done heritage style)

Chase sets:
Villains Gallery (matte finish embossed frames)
Bat Vehicles (Holofoil)
Utility Belt Gadgets (puzzle cards that "link" together like a belt)
Cameo Gallery

Autographs:
Adam West
Burt Ward
Yvonne Craig

Costumes:
Bat suit
Robin suit / cape
Batgirl costume

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I discussed this with my son(age 8). He really would like to see Flapjack(a new cartoon on Cartoon Network).
He wants autos(the voices)
Sparkle cards like in Inkworks Scooby Doo.
He is not a fan of sketch cards, so he really did not want those.
and he wants Deal or No Deal.
Autos of Howie and the girl who has case number 17.
Costume cards.
Scratch off cards which you can win prizes, which I though was kind of innovative for him.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Autographs:
Adam West
Burt Ward
Yvonne Craig

Costumes:
Bat suit
Robin suit / cape
Batgirl costume

That's it mintoncard?!!!

Besides those you mentioned, I'd want at least...

Catwoman - Julie Newmar auto/costume card.
Catwoman - Eartha Kitt auto/costume card
Catwoman - Lee Merriweather auto/costume card
Joker - Cesar Romero auto/costume card
The Riddler - Frank Gorshin auto/costume card
The Penguin - Burgess Meredith auto/costume card
King Tut - Victor Buono auto/costume card
Green Hornet - Van Williams auto/costume card
Kato - Bruce Lee auto costume cards
The Bookworm - Roddy McDowall auto/costume card
Mr. Freeze - Otto Preminger auto/costume card
The Siren - Joan Collins auto/costume card

Yea it's sad that most would be cut sigs, but better that than nothing.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

You got that right, more than half of those guest stars are deceased.

And Bruce Lee? I don't think they even have a cut from him and it would be a fortune if they found one.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

You got that right, more than half of those guest stars are deceased.

And Bruce Lee? I don't think they even have a cut from him and it would be a fortune if they found one.

Well, he did say a "dream set" and besides if Upper Deck could make a Robert E. Lee card how hard could a Bruce Lee be? Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I'd make a Mystery Science Theater 3000 set.

There would be autograph cards of the entire cast and some of the more memorable "stars" in the movies on the show, prop cards with parts of the robots, and costume swatch cards. The super rare 6 case incentive would a strand of the hair in TV's Frank's spitcurl.

I don't like sketch cards, so I would skip those, but almost everyone except for Joel played multiple characters on the show so we could have multiple autographs of the actors.

We could have:
Michael J Nelson as Mike + Torgo + Morrissey
Kevin Murphy as Tom Servo + Bobo
Trace Beaulieu as Dr Forrester + Crow
...and so on

The binder would have the show's "planet logo" die cut into it, and would come with a sound card that plays the original theme song for the show.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jason00,

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
I'd want a sex and the city movie set! Big Grin
All the ladies autos and even some pieceworks....but i won't say of what! lol Drool

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd want an Our Gang/Little Rascals set.

One autograph per box with the living cast members:

Jackie Cooper
Dickie Moore
Dorothy DeBorba
Robert Blake
Sidney "Woim" Kibrick
Jean Darling
Shirley Jean Rickert
Mildred Kornman
Jackie Lynn Taylor
Leonard Landy
Jerry Tucker

Cut Signature cards (one per case)

Costume/Prop cards (one per box)

Great Quotes insert cards

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Pretty easy for me to come up with one, I've been dreaming of this set for years.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Masterpieces.

4 cards per pack
36 packs per box
4 boxes per case (boxes serial numbered xxxx/4000)
1000 serial numbered cases.

99 card base set.

2 sketch cards per box from 50-100 different artists (no artist would do more than 200 max)

Autographs- 1200 single autographs would be tough pulls averaging 1 per 4 box case but with a chance at 2 and all from main characters and significant recurring characters. Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Angel, Faith, Spike, Drusilla, Darla, Dawn, and Anya. Each would be serial numbered /100

Dual Auto's- 250 total, 5 different dual auto combos, each serial numbered /50.

Inserts:

Keep the 9 card foil Puzzle cards- roughly 1:16 packs (should be 1 set per case)

A 9 card Dufex set with each card featuring a different main character.- 1:32 packs (2 cases should make 1 set)

A parallel to the base set done in Dufex with a different color card back and serial numbered /99, roughly 1:15 packs .

1/1's - Refractor versions of each insert and base card. All printing plates as well, including those for the autograph cards (those printing plates would be autographed as well).

Case toppers- Simple costume cards, but a nice variety, possibly as many as 9, at least one of which would be a dual. Cards would be numbered CT1, CT2, CT3, etc...

I know it's a pipe dream but if it ever came to pass I'd be a happy camper. Wink

Hmm, the lottery here is $30 million on wednesday, maybe if I win that I could finance it myself. Razz

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

There would be autograph cards of the entire cast and some of the more memorable "stars" in the movies on the show, prop cards with parts of the robots, and costume swatch cards. The super rare 6 case incentive would a strand of the hair in TV's Frank's spitcurl.

I don't like sketch cards, so I would skip those, but almost everyone except for Joel played multiple characters on the show so we could have multiple autographs of the actors.

We could have:
...and so on

The binder would have the show's "planet logo" die cut into it, and would come with a sound card that plays the original theme song for the show.

OMG! Where do I sign-up for that MST3K set??? Oddly enough, I went to a VERY small comic convention in San Jose last month. Passing by a table, I was only a foot away from TV's Frank. And he STILL had the spitcurl!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
If only SOMEONE could have this license...

Imagine the possibilities...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rl75:
I'd want an Our Gang/Little Rascals set.

I could TOTALLY see Breygent doing this set.

Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I would release a set of Star Trek card cards Smile
Heh.
Sorta like my CDROM but in card format (obvioulsy very truncated.
Vards with info on back of all the main sets released with info on isnerts and stuff.
Insert cards would be signature auto cards of company employees Smile

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
The Complete Kevin Smith movie collection.

120 card basic set (15 cards per movie)
8 cards per pack, 24 packs per box
10 boxes per case

9 Quotable Jay cards (4 per box)
18 Character cards (6 per box)
8 Movie poster cards (4 per box)

4 Autos per box: If the actor/actress has played more then one role than cards would be split between the different characters (in most cases but not always).

Kevin Smith: 50% as Bob 50% as Director
Jason Mewes: Jay
Jason Lee: 50% Brody 50% Banky
Brian O'Halloran: Dante Hicks
Jeff Anderson: Randel Graves
Scott Mosier: Producer
Walter Flanagan: Producer
Shannen Doherty: Rene
Jeremy London T.S. Quint
Claire Forlani: Brandi
Ben Affleck:50% Holden 50% Bartleby
Joey Lauren Adams: 50% Gwen 50% Alyssa Jones
Renee Humprey: Tricia
Michael Rooker: Mr Svenning
Matt Damon: Loki
Dwight Ewell: Hopper X
Alan Rickman: Metatron
Linda Fiorentino: Bethany
Chris Rock: Rufus
Alanis Morisstte: God
Salma Hayek: Serendipity
Will Ferrel: Wildlife Marshall Willenholly
Judd Nelson: Sheriff
Carrie Fisher: Nun
Shannon Elizabeth: Justice
Seann William Scott: Brent
Wes Craven: Himself
Jason Biggs: Himself
Liv Tyler: Maya
Will Smith: Himself
Trevor Fehman: Elias
Ethan Suplee:
Rosario Dawson: Becky
Seth Rogan: Zack
Elizabeth Banks: Miri

Triple auto of Eliza Dushku,Ali Larter and Jennifer Schwalbach as The Jewellery Thiefs Sissy,Missy and Chrissy (Random insertion)

Case card: Quotable Silent Bob, Half would have "" on the front half would have the Chasing Amy story. Both versions would be numbered.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
AJJ, I would buy cases of that without hesitation. Smith's movies are some of my favorites of all time...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:

We could have:
...and so on

lol, that was literally the first thought i had when i read the headline. However, its probably not gonna happen. i tried once getting ahold of best brains inc, its now a company set up doing lawn care....lawn care....You can buy some cups from them, thats about it. unless something dramatic changes, they arent gonna be doing the license route, they will be sticking...to lawn care...

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
I think a set covering all the John Waters films would be fun and interesting.

smell o vision cards would be a must!

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
Oh, I love this thread!

-90 card base set (30 cards for each book)
-6 card set: The Avatars (Aang, Roku, Kyoshi, Kuruk, Yangchen, nameless (perhaps a pic from a statue in the air temple))
-9 card set (collation): The Avatar State
-9 card set: Friends (Katara, Sokka, Toph, Momo, Appa, Suki, Bumi, Guru Pathik, Zuko(Book 3))
-9 card set: Foes (Zuko (Book 1& 2), Iroh (Book 1), Azula, Ozai, Zhao, Mai, Ty Lee, Long Feng, Dai Li Agents)
-Case Topper: Memorial Card of Mako (Voice of Uncle Iroh)
-Sketch Cards (1 per box)
-Autographs (1 per box from the Voice Actors)

Star Trek: A Mirror Universe
-90 card base set covering only the Mirror Universe episodes of TOS, DS9 and ENT (ENT covering also historical things and First Contact, because of the opening sequence)
-9 card set: Ships of the Mirror Universe
-27 card set: Important characters (Art & Images Style)
-Sketch cards: black and white / colour (1 per box)
-Autograph Cards: 1 per box (for example: Nichelle Nichols, Leonard Nimoy, Jolene Blalock, William Shatner, Avery Brooks, Tim Russ, ...)

Veronica Mars: Season 3
-90 card base set
-3 card set: Veronicas Men (Logan, Piz and Keith)
-9 card set: Investigator
-Autographs: Julie Gonzalo (Parker), Chris Lowell (Piz), Ryan Hansen (Dick), Michael Muhney (Lamb), Brandon Hillock (Sacks), Daran Norris (Cliff), Ed Begley Jr. (Cyrus), Jaime Ray Newman (Mindy), Patrick Fabian (Hank), Amanda Noret (Madison)
-Pieceworks
-Case Topper: Tessa Thompson (Jackie Cook) Season 2 Autograph

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gotham_Knight
posted Hide Post
I still dream of a Desperate Housewives trading card series.

The costume cards alone would be fantastic and the autographs so many great guest stars as well as the main cast!

Season 3 of Veronica Mars would also float my boat too.

Oh Oh an Alien/s/3/ressurection series which autos would aslo be super cool.

Posts: 99 | Location: Scotland | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post