Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Most of the stuff I like are TV shows. And I think if they made trading cards it would have been a pretty big hit.

Legend of the Seeker
Friends , can you imagine a Jennifer Aniston autograph? Big Grin

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Inkworks have made a Legend of the Seeker set.cheap as chips!

Posts: 182 | Location: runcorn | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I'd love a Rizzoli & Isles set... with autographs by Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander, Lorraine Bracco, Bruce McGill, Jordan Bridges, Lee Thompson Young... and a foot/paw-print by Bass the tortoise... a tortoise-o-graph... Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:

I think you mean the "The Seeker, the Dark is Rising" which was a movie staring Christopher Eccleston and Ian McShane.
While AlexC I think is talking about "The Legend of the Seeker" which was I fantastic show that was axed before it's time, staring Craig Horner, Bridget Regan, Tabrett Bethell and Bruce Spence.

I want a "Chuck" set. I'd love to have Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Sarah Lancaster, Joshua Gomez, Adam Baldwin and Joshua Gomez Autos. I think one set rounding out the whole 5 seasons would be awesome, plus there have been some amazing cameos of big movie stars Big Grin
And would be a great send off to a wonderful show.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

I want a "Chuck" set. I'd love to have Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strahovski, Sarah Lancaster, Joshua Gomez, Adam Baldwin and Joshua Gomez Autos. I think one set rounding out the whole 5 seasons would be awesome, plus there have been some amazing cameos of big movie stars Big Grin

Yep...Chuck would be awesome...and as far as I know the actors on the show are great about signing.

I would so love a C.A.T.S quad auto or how about a Lou/Jill/Sarah triple auto.

They could also do a G.R.E.T.A quad with Stacy/Summer/Olivia/Isaiah autos

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:

Yep...Chuck would be awesome...and as far as I know the actors on the show are great about signing.

I would so love a C.A.T.S quad auto or how about a Lou/Jill/Sarah triple auto.

They could also do a G.R.E.T.A quad with Stacy/Summer/Olivia/Isaiah autos

That would be amazing, a C.A.T.S or G.R.E.T.A autos. Brilliant idea Thumb Up
They could do so much with the show, I so much want a Chuck set!!
Is there a reason no one has done a set?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markdennett:

It's what Juelle said.
Legend of the Seeker was a show similar to Hercules / Xena. Only lasted 2 seasons, way to short.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I've been around here, geez and all the posts that I had seem to be in this thread!

Anyway, I know there have been some kid friendly sets out there, not really aimed at collectors, but how about this:

The Complete DC Animated Universe 1992-2006
Batman The Animated Series (1992-1995)(Including movies Mask of The Phantasm and Sub Zero)
Superman The Animated Series (1996-2000)
The New Batman & Robin Adventures/Gotham Knights (1997-1999) (Including movie Mystery of The Batwoman)
Batman Beyond (1999-2001) (Including movie Return of The Joker)
The Zeta Project (2001-2002)(short lived Batman Beyond spinoff)
Static Shock (2000-2004) (Based off of Milestone/DC characters, but crossed over with Batman, Superman, Justice League and Batman Beyond)
Justice League (2001-2004)
Justice League Unlimited (2004-2006)
Teen Titans (2003-2006) (Includes movie Trouble In Tokyo) (some argue that it belongs in the same Universe as the other shows listed)

Autograph cards from Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Andrea Romano, all the major voice actors through all those shows as well as writers, directors and whatnot.

THAT would be an epic tribute set!

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Note the following images are only mock up and not real cards Smile

The next and last set for the Star Trek Complete Movies should include the following autograph cards plus some others not listed:

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Hey archifou- could you do a mock up of Beverly Crusher and also Jane Wiedlin's character from Star Trek IV? Those are gorgeous. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Hi Val,

Here are some others:

I have Blu Ray images so for Wiedlin autograph, the image will not be full bleed so it can be a bit crappy as for the resolution. Thanks for the compliment btw Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Love it archifou, - I am hoping that Rittenhouse will eventually get around to including all the characters you've done mock-ups for. Loving the Trillya and Beverly mock-ups especially Smile

THANKS!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love it archifou, - I am hoping that Rittenhouse will eventually get around to including all the characters you've done mock-ups for. Loving the Trillya and Beverly mock-ups especially Smile

No problem. Steve is aware of my want list Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've said it before archifou...if you ever decide to commission sets I'd be in for some. Great work on those Star Trek mock ups.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've said it before archifou...if you ever decide to commission sets I'd be in for some. Great work on those Star Trek mock ups.

Thanks Chuck for the nice comment!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveJRogers:

The Complete DC Animated Universe 1992-2006
Batman The Animated Series (1992-1995)(Including movies Mask of The Phantasm and Sub Zero)
Superman The Animated Series (1996-2000)
The New Batman & Robin Adventures/Gotham Knights (1997-1999) (Including movie Mystery of The Batwoman)
Batman Beyond (1999-2001) (Including movie Return of The Joker)
The Zeta Project (2001-2002)(short lived Batman Beyond spinoff)
Static Shock (2000-2004) (Based off of Milestone/DC characters, but crossed over with Batman, Superman, Justice League and Batman Beyond)
Justice League (2001-2004)
Justice League Unlimited (2004-2006)
Teen Titans (2003-2006) (Includes movie Trouble In Tokyo) (some argue that it belongs in the same Universe as the other shows listed)

Autograph cards from Paul Dini, Bruce Timm, Andrea Romano, all the major voice actors through all those shows as well as writers, directors and whatnot.

THAT would be an epic tribute set!

Apart from the general disinterest that DC is showing in licensing cards, another problem is that some of that has been done and didn't sell very well. There's some older Batman Animated series 1 and series 2, Batman Animated action packs, Superman Animated action packs. Then Topps did a more recent Batman Animated and Inkworks did Justice League Animated (which included Timm auto).

Most of it's still pretty available.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Note the following images are only mock up and not real cards Smile

These look fantastic!!! Thumb Up

And it also shows that there are still enough possibilities for new autograph cards Smile

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
These look fantastic!!! Thumb Up

And it also shows that there are still enough possibilities for new autograph cards Smile

Thanks Cee_Jay.

I calculated about 31-33 more autos can be create if all actors agree to sign in a final release. Cross my fingers.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
As always archifou these are wonderful!!! I wish I knew how to do this so I could make a few cards to take to Dragoncon next year to get signed. Any time you want to sell out just let us all know and I am sure you would have lots of requests.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
As always archifou these are wonderful!!! I wish I knew how to do this so I could make a few cards to take to Dragoncon next year to get signed. Any time you want to sell out just let us all know and I am sure you would have lots of requests.

Thanks Chris.

Will do if I change my mind buy doing autograph mock-up.