Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a Disney animated set that had, say, 1 or 2 sketches per box (as opposed to Disney Treasures, which had 1 sketch per ten million boxes; yes I'm exaggerating but not by much). Won't happen though, Disney does not seem to play well with others.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
JAWS...naturally!

Cut signture cards from Robert Shaw, Roy Scheider and Peter Benchley

Autos from....
Spielberg
Richard Dreyfus
John Williams
Susan Backlinie
and many others!

Pieceworks could be plentiful and there could also be many prop cards...

tooth cards
shark skin cards
pieces of the Orca (now destroyed!)
Quints jacket
Quints hat
Piece of the yellow barrels
Sand cards from Marthas Vineyard
Pollys signs pieceworks

I can have a lot of fun with this one!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
JAWS...naturally!

Autos from....
Spielberg
Richard Dreyfus
John Williams
Susan Backlinie
and many others!

tooth cards
shark skin cards
Quints jacket
Quints hat
Pollys signs pieceworks

I can have a lot of fun with this one!!!

WOW! Great idea for a set! I'll take two cases please.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
One of my dream sets:

A Nightmare on Elm Street- 90 card base set based on the first film.

Chase:

9 poster/artwork cards- including domestic and international posters and VHS/DVD covers.

6 sequel cards- featuring the poster art for movies 2-6 and "New Nightmare."

3 box loader cards- Final Fate- Freddy Krueger/ Nancy Thompson/Donald Thompson- details what happened to their characters after the first movie.

Autographs-

Wes Craven- Creator
Robert Englund- Freddy Krueger
Heather Langenkamp- Nancy Thompson
John Saxon- Donald Thompson
Ronee Blakley- Marge Thompson
Amanda Wyss- Tina Grey
Jsu Garcia(Nick Corri)- Rod Lane
Johnny Depp- Glen Lantz
Charles Fleischer- Dream Clinic Doctor

Two Dual Autographs-

Robert Englund/Heather Langenkamp- Freddy Krueger/Nancy Thompson

Heather Langenkamp/John Saxon- Nancy Thompson/Donald Thompson

Costumes-

Freddy's sweater
Nancy's nightclothes
Tina's bloody nightshirt
Glen's football jersey

If this were to happen, I think it would be a creepy set and probably be aimed towards an older audience. I debated putting a Depp auto in the set, but then figured it is a dream set, so why not? I also deliberately left out the sequels except as a chase set because the original should have its own card set.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would love a mixed set..

Family Guy seasons 3-6 (90 card set)
Veronica Mars Season 3 (90 Card Set)
Alias Season 5 (90 Card Set)
Sopranos season 2-6 (90 Card Set)

All in the same product, this way it would take several boxes to complete sets and bring fun to collecting the sets.. They could have autos and inserts but it would be nice to have sets finished lol...

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I'm not one for costume/prop or auto's, but if I'd be down for them if they made any of these:

Batman (Keaton, Nicholson etc..)

Superman (Reeves, Hackman etc...)

I'd love to see sets made from those series. I'd be down for a few cases of each. Also I really like the other idea of the original Batman TV series. That would a fun product to open.

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
Kolchak The Night Stalker.

Cards from the original TV series and 2 TV movies. Autos would have to be cut sigs as
most of the cast are deceased.
Please don't even mention that crappy Kolchak
remake a few years ago.

Also, I'd like to see:
The 4400 Seasons 3 & 4
Alias Season 5
Dark Angel Season 2
Buckaroo Banzai

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Here's another more kid-friendly set:

Justice League Unlimited-

90 card base set

9 card puzzle set

Sketch cards

Autographs-

Kevin Conroy- Batman
Michael Rosenbaum- The Flash
Maria Canals- Shayera Hol/Hawkgirl
Carl Lumbly- The Martian Manhunter
Morena Baccarin- Black Canary
Kin Shriner- Green Arrow
Nathan Fillion- Vigilante
Gina Torres- Vixen
Oded Fehr- Dr. Fate
Amy Acker- The Huntress
Jeffrey Combs- The Question
Mark Hamill- The Joker
Juliet Landau- Tala
Alexis Denisof- Mirror Master
Robert Englund- Felix Faust

So many more signers would be welcome, but I tried to go mainly with actors who've signed previously. I'd probably do a second set with 15 more autographs as well.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of the international posters for the Nightmare set! You could apply that to any movie/TV based set. I know of several crazy international posters for Jaws that would look cool as a card.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
Would love a mixed set..

Family Guy seasons 3-6 (90 card set)
Veronica Mars Season 3 (90 Card Set)
Alias Season 5 (90 Card Set)
Sopranos season 2-6 (90 Card Set)

All in the same product, this way it would take several boxes to complete sets and bring fun to collecting the sets.. They could have autos and inserts but it would be nice to have sets finished lol...

That's an interesting idea. Mix 5 products together, each unique to itself but in the same packaging. Make the packs 6 cards each, 1 base card from each set per pack with the 6th card being a random insert or auto from 1 of the sets. It might be a good way to give a good ending for card sets that have a following but not quite a good enough following to warrant a full release on their own.

The "5 pack" I wouldn't mind seeing is:

Charmed 10th Anniversary
The Complete Angel
Veronica Mars season 3
Alias season 5
Family Guy seasons 3-6

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
The Complete Kevin Smith movie collection.

120 card basic set (15 cards per movie)
8 cards per pack, 24 packs per box
10 boxes per case

9 Quotable Jay cards (4 per box)
18 Character cards (6 per box)
8 Movie poster cards (4 per box)

4 Autos per box: If the actor/actress has played more then one role than cards would be split between the different characters (in most cases but not always).

Kevin Smith: 50% as Bob 50% as Director
Jason Mewes: Jay
Jason Lee: 50% Brody 50% Banky
Brian O'Halloran: Dante Hicks
Jeff Anderson: Randel Graves
Scott Mosier: Producer
Walter Flanagan: Producer
Shannen Doherty: Rene
Jeremy London T.S. Quint
Claire Forlani: Brandi
Ben Affleck:50% Holden 50% Bartleby
Joey Lauren Adams: 50% Gwen 50% Alyssa Jones
Renee Humprey: Tricia
Michael Rooker: Mr Svenning
Matt Damon: Loki
Dwight Ewell: Hopper X
Alan Rickman: Metatron
Linda Fiorentino: Bethany
Chris Rock: Rufus
Alanis Morisstte: God
Salma Hayek: Serendipity
Will Ferrel: Wildlife Marshall Willenholly
Judd Nelson: Sheriff
Carrie Fisher: Nun
Shannon Elizabeth: Justice
Seann William Scott: Brent
Wes Craven: Himself
Jason Biggs: Himself
Liv Tyler: Maya
Will Smith: Himself
Trevor Fehman: Elias
Ethan Suplee:
Rosario Dawson: Becky
Seth Rogan: Zack
Elizabeth Banks: Miri

Triple auto of Eliza Dushku,Ali Larter and Jennifer Schwalbach as The Jewellery Thiefs Sissy,Missy and Chrissy (Random insertion)

Case card: Quotable Silent Bob, Half would have "" on the front half would have the Chasing Amy story. Both versions would be numbered.

GREAT IDEA AJJ!
And don't forget possible AU's from MARK HAMILL as "C***Knocker", JON STEWART, and GEORGE CARLIN (cut auto, sadly) all from "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" plus Shannen Doherty, Priscilla Barnes, and Stan Lee, all from "MallRats". (And I think the Ethan Suplee character from MallRats was named "Willam".)

Well, I'd be in for a case! Smile

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
A new TWIN PEAKS set would be great.
The old Star Pics set (issued while the show was on) remains a great design and remains popular due to the (slight) chance of finding an autograph in sealed boxes.
Early pressings of the new Gold Box DVD collection also included packets with collectible postcards (12 per set from a 61 card set in all)that seem to be quite popular, so I think there's definitely fan interest. (A great bonus feature on the DVD includes an image gallery of the entire Twin Peaks card set. Very cool! Metal

And with a new set, we could get some images from later along in the show (@nd and final season) as well as from the followup prequel/sequel "Fire Walk With Me", which I don't think has ever been featured on cards. (Moira Kelly, David Bowie, Harry Dean Stanton, Chris Isaak, and Keifer Sutherland are just a few stars who appeared in the film but weren't in the TV series).

Happily most of the cast is still with us since the show is still less than 20 years old. Even better, creator David Lynch signed for the old Star Pics set (as did much of the main cast) as well as those new postcards I mentioned, so it seems the shows all-important co-creator would be a willng signer.

Some of the other highlights, Autograph wise, would be fan favorites actors KYLE MacLACHLAN, SHERYL LEE, MADCHEN AMICK, SHERILYNN FENN, LARA FLYNN BOYLE, PEGGY "Mod Squad" LIPTON, ROBYN "Teen Witch" LIVELY, and in early roles, TED "Xena" RAIMI, HEATHER GRAHAM and DAVID DUCHOVNY.

And as a fan of the show, there's at least 20 other characters whose sigs I'd be real happy with.

Memorabilia cards would also be teriffic. I don't know if such props were saved or could be utilized in such a way, but a bit of the "Log Lady's" log or some of the plastic that Laura Palmer was found wrapped in would be pretty cool! And there were lots of great costumes on the show, so if any of those have been saved, what terific cards they would make. Cooper's "G-Man" suit or any of Audrey Horne's 1950's style costumes would be ideal.

Sketches would be OK I guess, but I would hope they would honor the surrealistic nature of the show by depicting things that have nothing to do with the show. Big Grin David Lynch himself has done drawings in past. How cool would it be to get an original drawing from him on a sketch card?!

I think Tom Breyer and Breygent could knock this one out of the park, but Rittenhouse has also done some terrific work on classic TV series. (Inkworks, too, of course! Does that make me a "friend of Uncle Allen"?) Smile

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks chesspieceface I couldn't remember Ethan's characters name.

I've decide to add a bonus to the set: Each box would contain a redemption card for an Expansion pack of cards. The pack would have 8 cards like a normal pack but would contain cards available only in the expansion pack.It would be completly free all you would to do is tell us the number and your details.

Here is what you would get:
3 promo card numbered EP1,EP2,EP3
3 Character cards
2 prop,costume and auto cards (All random but no two the same in any one pack)

Prop:
Moobys:Burger wrapper,drinks cup,fries box and posters
Fake Diamond
Nails cigerette box
Loki and Bartleby feathers
Dante's wedding invite

Costume:
Moobys shirt
Tricia's uniform
La Fours security shirt
Silent Bob's green over coat
Jay's yellow jacket
God's jacket
Jewellery thief's catsuit
Hockey jerseys
Bluntman,Chronic and C***Knocker costumes
Cardinal Glick robes

Auto's
Kevin Smith/Jason Mewes: Jay and Bob dual card
Damon/Affleck: Loki and Bartleby dual card
Smith/Schwalbach: Husband and wife dual card
Anderson/O'Halloran: Randell and dante dual card

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by willgull:
JAWS...naturally!

Autos from....
Spielberg
Richard Dreyfus
John Williams
Susan Backlinie
and many others!

tooth cards
shark skin cards
Quints jacket
Quints hat
Pollys signs pieceworks

I can have a lot of fun with this one!!![/QUOTE
Oh I would so buy that!]

Posts: 377 | Location: Ohio | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Chesspieceface -

Great to know there's a fellow "Peaks Freak" on the board. (Now I'm not so lonely stuck in the black lodge all by myself.)

With the popularity of Lost and the new X-Files movie, I think a new Twin Peaks set would sell well.

Add to your list of prop cards:

Flooring and red curtains from the Black Lodge.
Pages from Laura Palmers' Diary.
Pages from the Packard Sawmill secret ledger.
Stationary from the Sheriff station.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
AJJ -

As a regular listener to Smodcast, I think Kevin Smith would be beyond thrilled to have a View Askew card set. Perhaps someone should link to this thread in the Smodcast talkbacks....

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
AJJ -

As a regular listener to Smodcast, I think Kevin Smith would be beyond thrilled to have a View Askew card set. Perhaps someone should link to this thread in the Smodcast talkbacks....

Great idea.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Thank you mintoncard for the best thread ever! It is re-inspiring me to get off my *** and start my card company already. It has been on the back burner lately due to cash flow issues and the slumping economy ( of course recent announcments of collectors leaving for good does not help any either). But I would rather try and fail than live my life wondering what would have happened.

So.......does anyone know who ownes the rights to the old batman show, and how i can get ahold of them?? ( please email me so we dont clog up this tread with off topic stuff.)

P.S. mintoncard your mockups seriously kick ***!

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
Another Angel set and a Desperate Housewives set. (Even if it's only the base set!) No more autos or anything garanted per box, so we would be able to buy packs again. (not afraid of the searched boxes) It was much more fun before when we expected nothing and got something. Early Angel sets and Alias (with a friend) were a blast to open!

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post