Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They should do a Whedon Archives, and Abrams Archives...all things Whedon and Abrams.

Whedon - Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse
Abrams - Felicity, Alias, LOST, Fringe

You could even add in movies with those two.

I would love an Ally McBeal set as well. Loads of great guest stars could be done for this one.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I've had a marathon weekend of watching the first 3 seasons of Mad Men. I'm hooked Big Grin

I'd love to see someone make a set from that show with Autos and Costume cards, and I could see some interesting sub sets involving different ad campaigns

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
I just saw the series premiere of the new hawaii 5-0 and it was really good a set would be great.....

A Grace Park auto would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Thumb Up

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
Just thought of another one: Castle...

Both Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic seem fairly fan-friendly. Both have signed for other sets, but I'm thinking a dual auto would be nice. Plus, Castle's mom and daught on a dual auto, maybe?

There could also be some good relic cards like pieces of Castle book standees, or pieces of the evidence board, etc.

And a quotables insert set

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dollhouse set would be great, as you cannot get enough of Eliza.

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>:

I totally agree, it was an amazing show that ended too early.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>:

I totally agree, it was an amazing show that ended too early.

Tru Calling was a great show too, just when it was getting real interesting, they killed it. I can think of a lot of not so great shows that can be axed.

posted Hide Post
what about sons of anarchy can you picture the patch costume cards

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Another great movie that will not have cards :-(
Note: This is a mock up and not an actual product from Topps ;-)

Don't have the time to create a full set but wish you all Merry Christmas and lots of cards Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
As usual Archifou your presentation is superb - you make me want to buy the cards - and they don't even exist lol.

Tron would make a great set!!

Then there's a Serenity / Firefly quotable set - would love that one - I am sure there is more mileage in that series, I wonder if the license died with Inkworks?

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
Burn Notice

has a ton of great guest stars for autos and i must say i love spy movies and tv

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
Fringe

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Human Target and The Cape (not on yet, but cast looks promising). Smile

Posts: 10375 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
archifou - Have you thought about taking commissions to create custom sets for people?

I'd be interested in doing something like that if you have.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
archifou - Have you thought about taking commissions to create custom sets for people?

I agree. I mean, wow!! Wow......

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Another great movie that will not have cards :-(
Note: This is a mock up and not an actual product from Topps ;-)

Don't have the time to create a full set but wish you all Merry Christmas and lots of cards Smile

Simply stunning work. If I ever come across a large sum of money, my first task is to start my own card company. My second task will be to hire you as the designer at a ridiculous salary. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Here's ten sets I pondered over on my blog (http://tradercracks.com/blog/?p=14570) and how I'd approach them:

Ghostbusters
Pee Wee's Playhouse Sketch Card Series
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (the book)
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Shows of Stephen J. Cannell (autograph per pack)
The Muppet Show (seasonal series)
The Jim Henson Legacy (mainly Fraggle Rock, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth)
Art Inspired by The Beatles Sketch Card Series
Looney Tunes (exhaustive encyclopedia kind of set)
Alien Quadrilogy (with autographs and chestbuster rip cards)

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simply stunning work. If I ever come across a large sum of money, my first task is to start my own card company. My second task will be to hire you as the designer at a ridiculous salary.

Thanks mintoncard for the nice comment but I never work for nothing or almost nothing :-P

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

I agree. I mean, wow!! Wow......

I would be not comfortable to use properties and create custom card set even if I need money right now to buy my first house ;-)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Simply stunning work. If I ever come across a large sum of money, my first task is to start my own card company. My second task will be to hire you as the designer at a ridiculous salary.

Thanks mintoncard for the nice comment but I never work for nothing or almost nothing :-P

ridiculous = A large sum of money - I would pay you well. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post