Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
A Once Upon a Time set would be a must have for me. It's like a LOST reunion. Wink

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
A little Castle...

Well it looks like one of the dream sets is coming....Castle from Cryptozoic. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
WootSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fizzbin
posted Hide Post
I know this is an old but alltime post.... how about a card set with a signed card from every astronaut that ever have left earth so far? mixed up with a good number of guys that have been on mars .... who could ask Joe to make those....

Posts: 36 | Location: Rotterdam,The Netherlands | Registered: June 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
These are really basic, but I would love a card series for this show...maybe if it gains some popularity when it starts on SyFy in January...these are complete mockups...autos are from auto'd note cards.

I'm only just getting into this show, and I'm quite enjoying it.
And I finally realised where I recognised Dyson, such a shame Breygent couldn't get KHR to sign for the Tudors set.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I know I have little hope of ever getting any of these back signed but it's one of my favorite movies and I thought what the heck might as well try.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am happy with the Buffy sets that have been done, but if I could I would have had a Buffy auto card signed by SMG in one of the sets. As far as I can see there isn't one which makes no sense to me as she was the main character Shake Head.

As to an actual set my choice would be a Midsomer Murders set:

Base set covering all the episodes
Base set of all the killers/killing place
Chase sets which make a pic of a map of all the Midsomer villages
Chase set which look like Barnaby/Troy/Scott/Jones warrent cards
Autographs deffinately John Nettles and all the other main cast/characters
Pieceworks of all the main cast/characters

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
OK, so I have not posted here all that much, but I check in now and again.

When I saw the Midsomer Murders set idea, the voices in my head were all like, "Why didn't you think of that?"

I absolutley love that idea. My wife and I watch those together. They just have a great feel. In fact, we just started watching from the beginning again.

I have also come up with a couple of new ideas for sets. I apologize if any of them are repeat suggestions.

Once Upon a time would be great. There are lots of great costumes for materials card, and the autograph set would be awesome. I'd love to have any of the main cast(Carlyle, Parilla, Goodwin, or Morrison).

I also think a Finding Bigfoot set would get me to spend money. It's on Animal Planet, for those who don't know. It cracks me up. Ranae Holland, a biologist / non-believer, s mixed in with a group of people who are a little obsessed. (I personally don't know if Bigfoot is real. Just get a kick out of the show.)

Finally, the next set for The Walking Dead should have a subset for The Talking Dead. A Chris Hardwick auto would make a great addition to our collection.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Without going into details, SMG was approached multiple times with multiple offers to sign autograph cards. She simply didn't want to do it. No SMG autograph card isn't due to a lack of interest or trying. You just can't make someone do something they are dead set against doing.[/QUOTE]

If she didn't want to sign the cards that's fine, but does it mean that any on ebay that say they've been signed by her are fakes? I mean just the random cards which have a signature over them, not an actual auto card.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffyslay:
If she didn't want to sign the cards that's fine, but does it mean that any on ebay that say they've been signed by her are fakes? I mean just the random cards which have a signature over them, not an actual auto card.

Yes...those are most likely fake.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
Once Upon a time would be great. There are lots of great costumes for materials card, and the autograph set would be awesome. I'd love to have any of the main cast(Carlyle, Parilla, Goodwin, or Morrison).

I'd love a set about Once Upon a Time. The nice thing is that Caryle and Parilla have all ready signed for sets (along with some others- the man who plays Geppetto and the woman who plays the Blue Fairy, among others), so I don't think it would be as hard to get a good lineup for that set.

I still want one more Stargate release so I can get that Robert Carlyle SGU autograph to finish my collection!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Klepsis
posted Hide Post
My vote is for a set of the paintings used in the introductions to Rod Serling's Night Gallery series. Chase cards would consist of stills from the actual episodes featuring the lead actors & actresses. If the set just HAS to have autograph cards I would feature the scriptwriters and authors of the short stories that were used as the basis for some of the episodes (although some of those would have to be reproductions, since the authors are no longer with us). Card backs would contain quotes from the introductions on the artwork, lines from the episode on the stills, and comments from the writers on the autos.

Posts: 44 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: January 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Hey, riddler_149, I would love a SGU Carlyle auto. I am building an auto set from it for each official signer now. I think I just need a couple of bit players, which I'll pick up fairly soon, and RD Anderson. I don't have $200+ for that; so I might have to live with a hole in my collection...

BTW, I am still holding out hope for a SGU TV movie to tell us what happens(ed) to everryone. The show could lasted longer if only they had started out a bit differently.

I'd love to see a set for the Edgar Wright / Simon Pegg films. There would be some cool autos and costume cards could be great, provided they have not all been pitched. I think it would be awesome to have a Shaun of the Dead Simon Pegg auto with a bit of "red on you".

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
One more set I'd love to see is the British show Primeval. It's not the most awesome show, but I enjoy it. I'd love a Hannah Spearritt auto and a Ben Miller auto. Either of the Ruth's would also be cool - Kearney / Bradley.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
Hey, riddler_149, I would love a SGU Carlyle auto. I am building an auto set from it for each official signer now. I think I just need a couple of bit players, which I'll pick up fairly soon, and RD Anderson. I don't have $200+ for that; so I might have to live with a hole in my collection...

BTW, I am still holding out hope for a SGU TV movie to tell us what happens(ed) to everryone. The show could lasted longer if only they had started out a bit differently.

I was totally bummed that Carlyle wasn't a signer for either SGU set as he had all ready signed for Bond. I'm also hoping for some crossover autos like a SG-1 Hewlett, an Atlantis RDA and Shanks, and a SGU Shanks and Tapping, among others. I have displays for each show and a couple of holes in each display that I would love to fill!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
One show I would love to see, Community! Clap Big Grin

Absolutely LOVE that show. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Would have liked a Burn Notice set and a Chuck set

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:
Originally posted by buffyslay:

Yes...those are most likely fake.

Many celebrities will sign at premieres or charity events/on location but they won't sign trading cards. When Harrison Ford was filming one of the Jack Ryan movies at Andrews Air Force base he signed for the guys in the hanger when he was finished. This was years before he agreed to sign for any trading card set. I'm sure some of the Gellar autographs are fakes but some are probably legit. You just need to know who you are buying from and how/where they got the autograph.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I am working on mocking a few Addams Family cards up because 3 of the cast members are going to be at a show soon and I really want to get cards autographed. But I would have loved a set with the TV show and the movies put together.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
I'm sure some of the Gellar autographs are fakes but some are probably legit. You just need to know who you are buying from and how/where they got the autograph.

With certain celebrities, because of their own signing habits, because of their public appearances or lack thereof, and because of high demand, the risk of fake autographs goes through the roof. At the peak of his career there were thousands of Michael Jordan autographs for sale and, unless they were bought through Upper Deck Authenticated, without a doubt 99.9% of them were forged, no matter how good they looked. Many of them can still be found out in the market, and they are still fake. Wink

I use Jordan as an example because SMG is close to his status in the non-sport market, only she has never entered into any agreement to market her autograph and does no appearances.

Is it possible that she has signed for fans sometimes? Anything is possible. Are you going to find her authentic autograph on eBay? Only if it goes for a couple of hundred dollars and you have some proof that it might be in that less than 1% that are real.

To me that means NO, don't even bother looking for SMG autographs. Maybe someday when she decides she wants to embrace her Buffy fans or needs the money, but not now.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post