Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Underworld series - can't believe this hasn't been done. Pretty darn sure Kate Beckinsale would sign. Seems a no-brainer, especially given the likelihood of more films to come.

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
Underworld series - can't believe this hasn't been done. Pretty darn sure Kate Beckinsale would sign. Seems a no-brainer, especially given the likelihood of more films to come.

That's a really good idea Kris, I'd be in a a least box box even if it only had costume cards.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
That's a really good idea Kris, I'd be in a a least box box even if it only had costume cards.
Let's be honest, they could release this as a premium pack with just two cards in each pack (i.e Kate Beckinsale auto card and costume card) and it would still sell like hot cakes Big Grin Wink Thumb Up

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
I would really love a Hobbit set, and yes I know it won't happen but there are some amazing actors in that movie that I would love autos of. Smile

Why do you think that? I'm almost positive that it will have multiple sets from Topps just like the LOTR trilogy, especially now that the Hobbit has been split into a trilogy, too.

Uh, sorry about that, Chief. Wouldja believe Denny's?

The restaurant promotion is certainly better than nothing, but I still hope there's yet a major company for a Hobbit set, if not for each film, then at least a trilogy set around the release of the final film.

Anf if there is no big set for the first movie, I would hope the almost-for-sure big success of part 1 when released will change some minds on whatever side is the problem in time for part 2.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a massive "complete" Wheedon-verse set covering Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dollhouse. Kind of an anniversary treat sort of thing when it comes around for Buffy's anniversary or something.

Along the same lines of shows that are represented already, 10 years is a long time to be without a new Babylon 5 set. Yeah I know nothing has been produced since the Legends of The Rangers/Untold Tales but it still has a fanbase.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Calvin and Hobbes would be a great release.but it will never happen.Bill Watterson just wont allow any sort of products to be made of his beloved creations!

I can only dream to have a piece of art from that great man.

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
I would probley got for American Horror story or Nurse jackie or Weeds. Just because Weeds and Nurse Jackie i been following for ever. And Weeds has amazing ppl who have been on the show so tons of signers.Oh and I would love Shameless lol

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you are going to ask for Underworld, why not say Resident Evil too? There are plenty of film series that had numerous sequels and never had card sets.

I think card manufacturers view some titles (especially horror titles) as low class, even though they rack up millions. I would have liked card sets on all the Halloweens, the Nightmares, the Friday 13ths, and more recently the Screams, just to name a few that come to mind. A lot of well known actors passed through those movies and autographs alone would be impressive. Too bad it's way too late to happen.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think that would be a great idea. I posted a few tests I did on the custom card thread.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dex1186
posted Hide Post
Well I guess one of my wishes came true now that I just read Breygent got American horror story.

Posts: 73 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Simpsonscardman I salute you....... Totally agree with you on a Calvin and Hobbs card set, my uncle got me into these characters.....
SUPERB!!!!!!

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Merlin card set, there was supposed to have been one by Rittenhouse Archieves...... wonder what happened to it?????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
TWIN PEAKS
base,season's 1/2
red room in motion cards
fire walk with me movie story cards
prop red room curtain
prop laura palmer diary
prop laura palmer body bag
how's annie ? case topper

Autograph's
Special Agent Dale Cooper Kyle MacLachlan
Agent Albert Rosenfield Miguel Ferrer
Gordon Cole David Lynch
Sheriff Harry S. Truman Michael Ontkean
Deputy Hawk Michael Horse
Deputy Andy Brennan Harry Goaz
Lucy Moran Kimmy Robertson
Josie Packard Joan Chen
Catherine Packard Martell Piper Laurie
Thomas Eckhardt David Warner
Audrey Horne Sherilyn Fenn
Benjamin Horne Richard Beymer
Jerry Horne David Patrick Kelly
Laura Palmer Sheryl Lee
Maddy Ferguson Sheryl Lee
Leland Palmer Ray Wise
Sarah Palmer Grace Zabriske

Dr. William Hayward Warren Frost
Harriet Hayward Jessica Wallenfels
Gersten Hayward Alicia Witt
Bobby Briggs Dana Ashbrook
James Hurley James Marshall
Ed Hurley Everett McGill
Nadine Wendy Robie
Windom Earle Kenneth Welsh
Ronette Pulaski Phoebe Augustine
Norma Jennings Peggy Lipton
Hank Jennings Chris Mulkey
Annie Blackburne Heather Graham
Shelly Johnson Madchen Amick
Leo Johnson Eric Da Re
Lana Budding Milford Robyn Lively
John Wheeler Billy Zane
Dick Tremayne Ian Buchanan
Tim Pinkle David L Lander
Dr. Lawrence Jacoby Russ Tamblyn
The Log Lady Catherine E. Coulson
Harold Smith Lenny Von Dohlen
Jean Renault Michael Parks
Killer Bob Frank Silva
The Dream Dwarf Michael J. Anderson
The One-Armed Man Al Strobel
Giant Carel Struycken

and of course
Club Singer Julee Cruise

just watched the box set again,come on somebody,seriously Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
If Rittenhouse were to announce a Haven set and Cryptozoic announce a Sons of Anarchy set my year would be made Big Grin
Seriously, I would by cases and cases of a SOA set if it had all the main cast signing.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
If Rittenhouse were to announce a Haven set and Cryptozoic announce a Sons of Anarchy set my year would be made Big Grin
Seriously, I would by cases and cases of a SOA set if it had all the main cast signing.

Juelle Lou I heartily agree this statement. If I can't have any additional seasons of Supernatural cards then I would choose either of these TV shows as a substitute. Big Grin

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:

not enough girls Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LilRedCorvette
posted Hide Post
What set would I issue??

Since my wish came true from what I read, the TV series China Beach is FINALLY being issued on DVD... seems that there was a BIG snag due to conflicts caused by the licensing of all the music used during the series.

I think a small set (50-60 cards total) would be appropriate with stills from the different shows, with the chase cards being relics/costume cards and autographed cards from the more recognized actors (Dana Delaney, Marg Helgenberger, Jeff Kober, Rikki Lake, etc.)

Just my 2 cents worth...

Smile

Posts: 92 | Location: OH | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Planet of the Apes Deluxe Archives...
autos, costumes, auto/relic, cut signatures, and contest cards...with a chance to win a complete costume 1/1, mint condition original boxes, packs and base sets, and action figures.
Reprints of the original movie...with a #45 card added, and reprints of the television show. Plus, buyback cards, three levels of parallels, memorable quotes, and sketch cards.
Base set should include vintage style cards from the all the movies as well. Foil cards of all the leading roles.

GO APE !!! Clap

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
HEY! Where's Perry?

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I discussed this with my son(age 8). He really would like to see Flapjack(a new cartoon on Cartoon Network).
He wants autos(the voices)