Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
This is the card I was thinking of:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buff...656dd#ht_1972wt_1165

As it is expensive and has a certificate of authenticity with it, I thought perhaps it is actually genuine. Is it possible that it's not? As I don't want to pay that much for a fake.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffyslay:
This is the card I was thinking of:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buff...656dd#ht_1972wt_1165

As it is expensive and has a certificate of authenticity with it, I thought perhaps it is actually genuine. Is it possible that it's not? As I don't want to pay that much for a fake.

It's a fake.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I just ask how can you tell? Apart from her not signing cards obviously, how is it possible that it is not signed by the 2 when it has a COA with it? I'm not trying to disbelieve/discredit you or pick an arguement, I'm just genuinly wondering as I'm new to this and if I chose to buy one I don't want to be ripped off.

Posts: 18 | Location: Wales,uk | Registered: February 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
May I just ask how can you tell? Apart from her not signing cards obviously, how is it possible that it is not signed by the 2 when it has a COA with it? I'm not trying to disbelieve/discredit you or pick an arguement, I'm just genuinly wondering as I'm new to this and if I chose to buy one I don't want to be ripped off.

There aren't really any Gellar autos to compare with, but the Boreanaz is a bad fake...if it's fake the Gellar probably is too.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Sarah Michelle Gellar has signed for Buffy fans one time in recent memory and that was at the Paley Center in Los Angeles when she reunited with Charisma Carpenter, Seth Green, Nicholas Brendon, Emma Caulfield, Amber Benson, James Marsters, Michelle Trachtenberg, and Joss Whedon for the show's 10th Anniversary.

Val

You know I just realized other than SMG and Whedon, I've met everyone else on this list...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Boreanaz is an equally bad signer. To have him and SMG autograph the same Buffy card makes it twice as hard to believe. Review some of their preprinted autographed photos and make your own comparisons.

As for that COA, if the item is a fake it is not hard to fake a COA for it. A quick search of Cards Inc. shows that it is no longer in business. The COA is dated 2003. There is no way to verify the COA and no one to hold responsible if you decide its not genuine later on.

Based on what I know and what I don't know, I would not buy it.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
One more set I'd love to see is the British show Primeval. It's not the most awesome show, but I enjoy it. I'd love a Hannah Spearritt auto and a Ben Miller auto. Either of the Ruth's would also be cool - Kearney / Bradley.

I second that - an Andrew-Lee Potts auto would make me very happy Big Grin Or a dual Spearitt/Potts auto!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I would love to see more sets based on British show but look what has happened with Red Dwarf, Doctor Who, and now Merlin. We all know that Doctor Who cards would sell out in a second how ever the British just don't seem to "get" trading cards. there are over 1000 cards in the Doctor Who card game over there why won't they let us have a card set? The BBC is just dumb not to milk this while they can.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a lot of British TV stuff.

I actually ordered 3 boxes of the Red Dwarf set released by Futera several years ago. I have the Chloe Annett and Danny John-Jules autos and a couple of cool memorabilia cards, too.

I am currently enjoying Sherlock and Whitechapel. Both have elements in them I did not expect which have made the characters compelling. Sets for both would be well-received in my household.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chuck,CCfan and Raven - thank you for stopping me buying that card! I genuinly thought it was real, as I have no experience with autographs. I am amazed that they want that much for it if it's fake - I know I'd be extremely annoyed and upset if I'd just spent 150 on a fake card Mad. Think I'll have to stick to the inkworks autos, and pieceworks.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I just got my Addams Family cards back from the printer, now I just have to hold out till May to get them signed.
Sorry they got a little big when I scaned them...lol

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
The Cape!! I just finished the 10 episodes that they did and am very sad that I won't get to watch anymore. Like most stuff NBC cancells it seemed to just be picking up steam then POP!! it's gone.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
The Cape!! I just finished the 10 episodes that they did and am very sad that I won't get to watch anymore. Like most stuff NBC cancells it seemed to just be picking up steam then POP!! it's gone.

Yeah...that show got pretty good. It just couldn't build an audience.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
The next "throw back" show that Rittenhouse should do is The Partridge Family. I think the whole cast is still alive and it had 96 episodes so it got make as big of a set as The Brady Bunch.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
The next "throw back" show that Rittenhouse should do is The Partridge Family. I think the whole cast is still alive and it had 96 episodes so it got make as big of a set as The Brady Bunch.

But... Did the Brady Bunch set make any money for Rittenhouse??? They still have them available for sale, 3 months after initial release. Methinks that's probably not a certified winner in their eyes.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
That's to bad to hear i know they put a lot of effort into that set. Hard to believe that there are not 500 people who could have bought this. i would have thought that the several Brady Bunch fan sits would have been all over these. i guess my hope for other new sets from the 70's and 80's are dead to then. I was hopeing for a Sid and Marty Krofft set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I got my first custom card back in the mail today!!! Corin Nemec from Supernatural. I am hooked I am going to send a few more out tomorrow.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice!

They should do a set on shows that were cancelled after one season...would be a licensing nightmare though...could have

My So Called Life
Firefly
John Doe
Birds of Prey
Freaks and Geeks
Studio 60
Dresden Files
Terra Nova

There are others that could be added as well.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
Nice!

They should do a set on shows that were cancelled after one season...would be a licensing nightmare though...could have

My So Called Life
Firefly
John Doe
Birds of Prey
Freaks and Geeks
Studio 60
Dresden Files
Terra Nova

There are others that could be added as well.

Birds of Prey and Studio 60 are two of my favorite shows of all time. So sad neither were given the proper chance they deserved. Sets of those would be epic, but sadly it's just never gonna happen. Took years just to get a darn DVD release for Birds.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Some one thought of these a few posts back. There are not enough for any knid of real set but if The History Channel did one big set for all of the reality shows it might work.