Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I like the work you're done on those images, archifou - very well done!
You might, however, want to be careful about using company logos as these are usually trademarked and there is an outside chance of this becoming an issue not only for the person using them but also for the owner of the online presence used to display them. We've has similar 'concept' cards posted in the past and usually they have been logo-free.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thank you guys for the nice words.

I will consider not putting the logo in the future and I do understand your point Quaint1 but on another note, this is not mock up for sale and the copyright is on the card tie with the company who got the license at the moment.

That could be another debate to start over NSU Logo vs. not logo on mock up :-P

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I hate to be a party pooper too but I'll just add that in addition to what was posted here, we also received a complaint from another forum member who echoed what was said above about feeling it was in bad taste to use Rittenhouse's logo like this.

If I receive a note from a card company saying they don't like how their logo was used here without permission and ask that an image be taken down, I can't see how I would have a leg to stand on so I'd be fairly quick to remove it.

Sorry. It's a shame because that's a great mock-up that you've created Archifou.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
How about from now on, we just post the FRONTS of concept cards here, NOT the backs. That way, there are no logos to contend with.

Everyone wins!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
No problem, Harris, I do understand and thanks for your positive comments trough Smile

I am frustrated when people don't understand and don't read a tread first before getting bad judgment like a member here.

When we say, a tread like: What set would you release, I think its clear enough we talk about a wish list card set and not a real card here. And the purpose of this tread is not to promote any products or a company.

I prefer use my talent then to talk again a company or complain about someone in particular because it's not constructive and that is what happen here, lots of people doing that and it's OK.
If I use a company in my wish list, it's because this company in particular is doing a great job on a particular set. If we start to censure what we say and show, why need to a have a open forum.

My way to explain myself is by showing some graphic design and others by expressing they opinion.

Just my 2 cents!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Oh, and I even show this card on Rittenhouse. I don't want to give advertising there but just to confirm that I play safe:

http://www.scifihobby.com/bboa...did=1514&messages=74

And the link is still not removed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Archifou...

That is why I am a lurker and post very little now. Someone always has something to complain about and it puts Harris in a bit of a pickle. Therefore, I keep quiet.

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Disclaimer:
This is only mock up of my wish list and it's not a real Jaws series. I include the Topps logo to give a visual idea.
If there are any complaint relate to the logo, please e-mail me (profile info) since I don't want to hear anymore bad comments about logos beside if the company have one complain about it Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
From one graphic artist to another -

I salute you! Wavey

I absolutely LOVE the pic you used for the Shaw cut auto. It's PERFECT. And also the use of the tooth & porthole for the numbering.

The real scary thing is, if Topps (or whomever) actually put out a Jaws series (provided it was done well), I think it would sell like crazy. My only fear would be that if Topps did do it, it would be lame. (Imagine the Woodside sketch of a single shark fin.) If Breygent or RA put it out, it would rock.

SIDE NOTE:
Once I start my new job (with a better computer), I'll get back to making more mock-up cards.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
They are great Archifou! Thanks for showing them to us Thumb Up

The sketch card is brilliant. I am sure you'd do a better job then Topps on this set Big Grin

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine A Katie Cook Jaws sketch card???
It could quite possibly be the cutest Jaws EVER!

I could picture it now...

Cute Quint facing cute Jaws with a little heart between them. Luv You

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Disclaimer:
This is only mock up of my wish list and it's not a real Jaws series. I include the Topps logo to give a visual idea.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/7919/jawsbaseset.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img...0/jawsinsert1set.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img...9/jawsinsert2set.jpg

Sweet!!! Clap Beautiful conceptual's as always archifou! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Disclaimer:
If there are any complaint relate to the logo, please e-mail me (profile info) since I don't want to hear anymore bad comments about logos beside if the company have one complain about it Smile

Wow, those are awesome. Very professional looking! Do you ever send your ideas to the card companies? If you don't, you should!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
archifou, you should make the material die-cut area in the shape of a shark jaw. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the nice comments Smile
No complaint about the usage of the logo minus who I choose from this time :-P

Miss Lizzy, thank you. I wish one day that I company will approach me to be consulted in the Non-sport field. I should say that my dream come true about been approach in a specific series but not from Topps ;-)

Actually Redemption I prefer to focus more on the signature then the design for the cut signature to put attention more on the role of Robert Shaw.

On another note, I will create mock up design cards for Batman the Dark Knight shortly, stay tunes!

Archifou

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
on the promo - "SKETCH" is misspelled - otherwise looks GREAT

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
on the promo - "SKETCH" is misspelled - otherwise looks GREAT

Thanks for the typo, blame it to be a French Canadian lol :-)

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually Redemption I prefer to focus more on the signature then the design for the cut signature to put attention more on the role of Robert Shaw.

Archifou

No, I was talking about the costume cards not the auto cards. It would look like the shark ate the person wearing the material and all you could see is that little piece of material. Wink

Can't wait to see the Batman cards! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
lol
quote:
No, I was talking about the costume cards not the auto cards. It would look like the shark ate the person wearing the material and all you could see is that little piece of material.

lol very funny Redemption :-)

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
On another note, I will create mock up design cards for Batman the Dark Knight shortly, stay tunes!

Darn it! You beat me to the punch! Grrrrrr! Mad