Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Well I´d like to see a good card set of the Phantom. The set would include sketch cards, inserts and some autos and cut autographs(Lee Falk), maybe Cryptozoic could do this one. I dont know if the Phantom was popular in north America but in Europe this was a quite popular comic, especially here in Scandinavia it was popular.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I'd release a set on Scrubs and Torchwood if they were still on air!

My approach to Scrubs:

198 card base set:
16 Cast cards (The characters below and season 9) & 182 Episode cards with synopses

Foil 'quotable' cards and a chase set featuring JD's daydreams

Costumes:
JD's light blue scrubs, Elliot's dark blue scrubs, Turk's green scrubs, Carla's purple scrubs, Dr Cox's white coat, The Todd's bandana

Autographs, all borrowing Rittenhouse's simple and elegant full bleed format!

I have some much higher resolution versions, thought about trying to mail some to the set of Cougar Town one day. Never sent any fan mail in my life so not sure how to go about that, like a SASE to another country. And i'd feel less awkward sending to a set than to a personal address!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Loved that show and really like the cards! Great work! I still don't know how to do the whole full bleed effect, but I love it.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Working on an Arrow set to get set off next month.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Loved that show and really like the cards! Great work! I still don't know how to do the whole full bleed effect, but I love it.

If you have access to photoshop, you just use the gradient tool with a white/transparent option and just draw a line upwards from the bottom of your layer. It's incredibly simple and takes literally seconds if you know what you're doing! Big Grin The Scrubs cards I did took about half an hour for all thirteen and that was mostly just choosing which high quality images to use from the net. It gets to the point where you realise it must take Rittenhouse longer to design the back of a full bleed card than the front, surely! Big Grin (approvals aside of course)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rwn410,

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OZ.The Great and Powerful.

This would make a great autograph and costume set!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
OZ.The Great and Powerful.

This would make a great autograph and costume set!

good idea
I want a set for SKINS

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kris Gibson:
Underworld series - can't believe this hasn't been done. Pretty darn sure Kate Beckinsale would sign. Seems a no-brainer, especially given the likelihood of more films to come.

I really want this now
someone make it happen

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
My dream set:

1996-2001 'Nash Bridges' tv show
90 card base set (printed on premium 18-point mirror foil board)

Autograph Cards:
Don Johnson
Cheech Marin
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe
Udo Kier
Kelly Hu
Yasmine Bleeth
Daniel Roebuck
Patrick Fischler
Annette O'Toole
Philip Michael Thomas
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Lucy Liu
Tommy Chong
Cynthia Nixon
Brittany Murphy
Barry Watson
Serena Scott Thomas
Stephanie Zimbalist
Jan-Michael Vincent
Pauly Shore
Jenna Jameson
Traci Lords

Costume Cards:
Don Johnson's jackets and vests
Cheech Marin's ties and shirts
Tracey Walter's angel outfit
Jeff Perry's shirts and jackets
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe's blouses and dresses

Prop Cards:
Pieces of the six different Barracudas made up to resemble the 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible (yellow metal and black leather)
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe's jewellery
Yasmine Bleeth's jewellery
Pieces of Nash Bridges' business cards

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The Scrubs set you did is awesome. I would throw money down on that set in an instant.

My new favorite show has been Suburgatory. It is so weird that I love it. SO, I would love of set for this show.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:
My dream set:

1996-2001 'Nash Bridges' tv show
90 card base set (printed on premium 18-point mirror foil board)

Autograph Cards:
Don Johnson
Cheech Marin
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe
Udo Kier
Kelly Hu
Yasmine Bleeth
Daniel Roebuck
Patrick Fischler
Annette O'Toole
Philip Michael Thomas
Stone Cold Steve Austin
Lucy Liu
Tommy Chong
Cynthia Nixon
Brittany Murphy
Barry Watson
Serena Scott Thomas
Stephanie Zimbalist
Jan-Michael Vincent
Pauly Shore
Jenna Jameson
Traci Lords

Costume Cards:
Don Johnson's jackets and vests
Cheech Marin's ties and shirts
Tracey Walter's angel outfit
Jeff Perry's shirts and jackets
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe's blouses and dresses

Prop Cards:
Pieces of the six different Barracudas made up to resemble the 1971 Hemi Cuda convertible (yellow metal and black leather)
Jodi Lyn O'Keefe's jewellery
Yasmine Bleeth's jewellery
Pieces of Nash Bridges' business cards

I like the idea of a Nash Bridges set,although think it would be a little tough to get Brittany Murphy to sign

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I like the idea of a Nash Bridges set,although think it would be a little tough to get Brittany Murphy to sign

LOL Big Grin

I was talking of 'Nash Bridges' as my dream set which I would've released BACK THEN (end of 90's/early 2000's), not today.

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I have another one:

Marvel Zombies. For you non-comic readers these were really big a few years ago in the Marvel Universe. The entire Universe became zombified!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Marvel Zombies would sell great.

But I don't see Marvel allowing it at all. Zombies are on the "DO NOT DRAW" list on all current sketch card sets. Only Marvel Masterpieces 2007 had them, and they bring good money when they are up for sale.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

But I don't see Marvel allowing it at all. Zombies are on the "DO NOT DRAW" list on all current sketch card sets. Only Marvel Masterpieces 2007 had them, and they bring good money when they are up for sale.

Ed

That doesn't make any sense. Zombies are still popular. I wonder why Marvel wouldn't stay on the bandwagon since the first book came out in 2005 or 2006. It's not like they are just trying to cash in because of Walking Dead.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Obi Wan Chrisobi
posted Hide Post
I think that there is a little bit of bad blood between Robert Kirkman and Marvel. Kirkman wrote Marvel Zombies and a few other books for Marvel and when he was made a partner at Image, he released a video manifesto that basically slammed working for the big two and encouraged creators to work on their own books instead. While there is no outright hostility between them, Marvel seems to be avoiding his work beyond publishing a series of sequels to the Marvel Zombies project.

Posts: 425 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Ed

That doesn't make any sense. Zombies are still popular. I wonder why Marvel wouldn't stay on the bandwagon since the first book came out in 2005 or 2006. It's not like they are just trying to cash in because of Walking Dead.

I think part of it has to do with the decency standards department.

Zombies aren't as wholesome as Marvel would like their image to be.

That's also why there is no smoking allowed by any character, nothing overtly sexual, and Howard the Duck has to wear pants. Razz

I think there is even something in the newer sets that they cannot show bloodshed, but I'm not for certain there as older sets definitely showed blood.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Working on an Arrow set to get set off next month.

I would love to see this made!!! Luv You

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
It'll never happen, but I'd still like to see a Sherlock (BBC) set. It could have autos, memorabilia cards, and sketches Wink

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
If Rittenhouse were to announce a Haven set and Cryptozoic announce a Sons of Anarchy set my year would be made Big Grin
Seriously, I would by cases and cases of a SOA set if it had all the main cast signing.

Juelle Lou I heartily agree this statement. If I can't have any additional seasons of Supernatural cards then I would choose either of these TV shows as a substitute. Big Grin

Well half of my year has been made with Cryptozoic announcing a SOA set Clap Just need that Haven set to become real now Smile

SHouseman Me too.. such an amazing show. That's why I really wanted a Hobbit set, because we would have got both Freeman and Cumberbatch's autos that way. And that's an amzaing sketch by the way Eek

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post