Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Castle would make a great set...I really like those mock ups. I started to hunt for images, but was surprised at the lack of good quality promo pictures for that show given its popularity.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Chris Cline, those SOA cards are awesome Thumb Up

At the moment my wishlist is;
Sons of Anarchy
Haven
Sanctuary
Chuck, a commemorative set for the full five seasons. Apart from really wanting autos of the full main cast, there were so many great guest stars on that show.
And something completely different, Downton Abbey. Eek Big Grin I know, it will never happen because it's not the right genre for trading cards Frown It's popular, but not popular with the right crowd.

I really want a Chuck set...even if it's just one release. I would love an insert set "What happened after the kiss" that's 10 or 12 cards, and the shows the closure that Chuck and Sarah deserved to get.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Love those Castle mock-ups Chris Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Sons of Anarchy
Haven
Sanctuary
Chuck, a commemorative set for the full five seasons. Apart from really wanting autos of the full main cast, there were so many great guest stars on that show.
And something completely different, Downton Abbey. Eek Big Grin I know, it will never happen because it's not the right genre for trading cards Frown It's popular, but not popular with the right crowd.

I really want a Chuck set...even if it's just one release. I would love an insert set "What happened after the kiss" that's 10 or 12 cards, and the shows the closure that Chuck and Sarah deserved to get.

Yes, a insert set like that would be wonderful.
I don't understand why no one has done a Chuck set, was it's popularity not widespread enough?
I also think an insert set of all the stupid things Morgan has done would be good to, and an insert set of all the crazy things "Geoffster" got up to, I could go on all day really Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Love those Castle mock-ups Chris Thumb Up

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
quote:

Sons of Anarchy
Haven
Sanctuary

Yes, a insert set like that would be wonderful.
I don't understand why no one has done a Chuck set, was it's popularity not widespread enough?
I also think an insert set of all the stupid things Morgan has done would be good to, and an insert set of all the crazy things "Geoffster" got up to, I could go on all day really Big Grin

The main problem with Chuck is that it really wasn't that popular, but the the fan base it did have was extremely loyal to the point of lunacy (yep...I'm guilty of this). The show was brought back from cancellation between the 2nd and 3rd seasons by the fans, and it was always on the bubble the other years.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I was working on Downton Abby cards but I just havn't been able to nail down the look I want. Here is a couple of the ones I have done, but what all do you guys think needs to be added? They just seem more plain then I want and I can't see how to fix it?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Cline,

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i ve never seen that but hear that shirley maclaine is going to be in the next series,and that puts me in mind of an alfred hitchcock movies set Wink

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Cop shows rarely get cards but I would love a Criminal Minds set. I have all the main cast members done and have sent them off to be signed. Here are a couple of them I made up.

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of morpheuz31
posted Hide Post
A reality show set with american pickers, swamp people, storage wars, oddities, gold rush alaska, etc...

Posts: 57 | Location: Brazil | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone could try and do them as block sets. Like the History Channel shows together and the Discovery Channel Shows as their own sets. Which are on which networks? Isn't TLC owned by Discovery?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
You did Downton Abbey Clap awesome stuff Thumb Up

I would love someone to do a set for that show...

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Criminal Minds,yes please Smile

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I'm sure Downton Abbey is a well acted show and has its viewers, but are those fans interested in a card set? I just can't see it. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I'm sure Downton Abbey is a well acted show and has its viewers, but are those fans interested in a card set? I just can't see it. Big Grin

I know, that's exactly what I said on one of my earlier posts Wink

But would it be that different than the Tudors set?(I'm not really sure how well that set went though)
I will admit that the Tudors show was alot more adult in nature. Apart from the people who watch it for the raunchy scenes(maybe that is why it got a trading card set), Downton is still watched by the same sort of people who like period dramas.

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Not going to read through the previous posts to see if this has been brought up but how about a classic TV sitcom set. They have most of it in different sets but it would seem to make sense to have it all in one. Happy Days, Brady Bunch, Laverne & Shirley, all in the Family, Jeffersons, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island. The list could go on. You could even have it in series for each decade. cards for each show with the main cast and show moments. Costume cards, autographs of actors, cut autographs from deceased actors. One parallel set of the base cards. Seems pretty easy idea.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
That would be an awsome idea but I dont think the last set like that "TV's Coolest" from inkworks sold that well. I would love to see it though. Rittenhouse seems to have an in with CBS who owns alot of these old shows. Would be cool.

Picture of scott12
posted Hide Post
I think Once Upon a Time would make a good set.Each actor as both of their characters. Lots of good pieceworks.
A 90 card set would work. Around 30 charachter cards, Storybrook on the front and fairytale on the back. The same for the episodes (3 cards for each) Storybrook story on the front and fairytale on the back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scott12,

Posts: 111 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Not going to read through the previous posts to see if this has been brought up but how about a classic TV sitcom set. They have most of it in different sets but it would seem to make sense to have it all in one. Happy Days, Brady Bunch, Laverne & Shirley, all in the Family, Jeffersons, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island. The list could go on. You could even have it in series for each decade. cards for each show with the main cast and show moments. Costume cards, autographs of actors, cut autographs from deceased actors. One parallel set of the base cards. Seems pretty easy idea.

A licensing nightmare. It was hard enough for Rittenhouse to put together a Brady Bunch set, and that was just one show. Not to mention that many shows would me that many times the licensing fees. Just because they are old does not mean the studios give the rights away.

It would be nigh impossible to pull this set off in any way worthy of the source material.

Steve mentioned on their message boards that they couldn't put a set together for the Highlander movies due to the licensing. You'd think that would be simple, but licensing can be a BIG stumbling block. Some shows just aren't being licensed, no matter what you want to do.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scott12:
I think Once Upon a Time would make a good set.Each actor as both of their characters. Lots of good pieceworks.

Ditto.
I'd be in for a case of that for sure Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Once Upon a Time would be a cool set I know alot of people who are really into the story. I would like Disney to let someone other then UD or Topps make cards for them again so we could get some descent sets.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
was Laverne & Shirley a classic ? Razz