Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
Right, they're on Foxtel, I don't have pay tv, so it's either free to air or downloading Smile I downloaded WH13 season 3 in January, so I've seen the finale. Now it's just the long wait until July for season 4 to start.

Might have to check out LG soon.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
didn't intend to watch it because I assumed it was a sexploitation show based on the advertising. It's actually way better than that, with a developed backstory, a good mix of revealing that backstory and 'problem of the week' and an interesting mix of characters.

That's exactly how I felt after seeing adds for it, until someone told me it was about more than just that and has a great storyline to it. So I gave it a go and it's now one of my favourite shows to watch.

Oh, and I must be the odd one out. I'm a Bo/Dyson shipper Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'm into season 2 now of Lost Girl and I was right, I'm all for Bo/Lauren Smile I must be becoming much more open minded these days because I remember absolutely hating it when Willow went gay in Buffy, but I find the chemistry between Bo and Lauren to be one of best things in this show. I already know how the season ends, I'm hoping they continue to develop the relationship between these two.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a real set done for this show...till then I will just have to deal with getting mine signed.

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it was mentioned in the 29 forum pages, but what about The 5th Element ?

Commons could go all the way up to 100.

Autos could have;
Bruce Willis
Gary Oldman
Ian Holm
Mila Jovovich
Chris Tucker
Luke Perry
Brion James
John Buthal
etc

Chase cards could have;
Good guys
Bad guys
or Aliens

Costumes; this movie had some a great production and wardrobe.

Relic cards; those four stones.

Just a thought.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Here is a tribute for the series that will never come to life because of licenses issue from DC/Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox. So this is a Mock up only and not relate to any future release from Topps or other company sadly Frown

3 card set from Batman TV covered each episode from each season like Star Trek TOS back in 1997.

- Base set: 3 cards covered per episode (front/back)
- 1 Profile card per episode (front/back)
- 1 Behind the scenes per episode (front/back)
- 1 cast/credit plaque covered 1 to 3 episodes from same guest star (front/back)

Movie preview subset covers the movie (front/back)

Foil (front/back)

Stickers (front/back)

Tribute Series (front/back)

Autographs (front/back)

Alternative back

Costumes (front/back)

Cut Signatures (front/back)

Sketch (front/back)

Enjoy!
Stephane

So now that the WB and Fox have come to an agreement any chance this set might get off the ground?

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
If they released this set, it would sell like mad. Might as well just start printing money.

Shame really.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Chrisahend
posted Hide Post
It's a shame that when they doing get around to do it the autograph list will be very limited.

I would buy it just for an Yvonne Craig/Batgirl autograph.

Even though Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar have signed for other sets, they would still be huge in a Batman set.

Posts: 869 | Location: Birmingham, AL | Registered: November 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I don't know if it was mentioned in the 29 forum pages, but what about The 5th Element ?

Commons could go all the way up to 100.

Autos could have;
Bruce Willis
Gary Oldman
Ian Holm
Mila Jovovich
Chris Tucker
Luke Perry
Brion James
John Buthal
etc

Chase cards could have;
Good guys
Bad guys
or Aliens

Costumes; this movie had some a great production and wardrobe.

Relic cards; those four stones.

Just a thought.

Nice idea, but from your signers list, I believe Brion James (also Leon, the first replicant Deckard dispatches in the Blade Runner movie) passed away a few years ago.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Yes, unfortunately chesspieceface is right. Brion James is no longer with us. Just saw BladeRunner again and even though his on-screen part was small compared to the others.. his impact was huge.

About the topic at hand... even though I LOVE that Grimm is in the works, to see Once Upon a Time in card format would be killer. Seeing the mock-ups are such a tease! They're fantastic looking but a tease just the same. lol

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, was all set to post something about the 60s Batman show!

Along the same lines you could do The Incredible Hulk, the 1970s Bill Bixby/Lou Feringo show.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'd like to see a set based on the old TV westerns. Any word on if there will be a Lone Ranger movie set based on the new movie?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The "Louie" show on the FX network just wrapped up its third season, and is one of the strangest shows, sitcoms certainly, ever to air on television. Even though its plotline, the adventures of a middle aged man, a longtime standup comedian, is very routine, the show just has this strange current to it and you really never know what you're going to get from week to week.

The guest stars list is impressive, and just this year these people have appeared in guest spots, usually hilarious ones:

Amy Poehler (of SNL and Parks and Rec)
David Lynch (Twin Peaks Creator)
Parker Posey
Chris Rock
Sarah Silverman
Gary Marshall (creator of "Happy Days")
Jay Leno
Jerry Seinfeld
Melissa Leo (Oscar winner for "The Boxer")

and that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there have been more, and autograph cards from any of them would be great, as would an autograph of Louie C.K. himself who has really turned the notion of what usually happens when a standup comic is given a sitcom based on their standup routines on its head. In a way, that's what the show is and its has a lot of physical comedy and jokes, but there have also been a few episodes that have played like largely wordless tone poems, somber and meditative.

It really is a show that's difficult to describe, but one that's well worth watching. I'd love to see a card set for it, even without autographs.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
If they released this set, it would sell like mad. Might as well just start printing money.

Shame really.

Yes, I would buy the entire TV Batman set in a heartbeat - no question about it!! Elephant

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dallas!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I would really love a Hobbit set, and yes I know it won't happen but there are some amazing actors in that movie that I would love autos of. Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would of love to collect the TV series OZ and The Wire with OZ they had a lot of special guests.

Posts: 62 | Location: australia | Registered: May 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I would really love a Hobbit set, and yes I know it won't happen but there are some amazing actors in that movie that I would love autos of. Smile

Why do you think that? I'm almost positive that it will have multiple sets from Topps just like the LOTR trilogy, especially now that the Hobbit has been split into a trilogy, too.

Picture of robwaddle
posted Hide Post
Hobbit!!!

Posts: 372 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post