Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Darn it! You beat me to the punch! Grrrrrr!


mintoncard we can have a mock up each from our design view perspective on this wish list card set :-)
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Darn it! You beat me to the punch! Grrrrrr!


mintoncard we can have a mock up each from our design view perspective on this wish list card set :-)


Sounds good to me! Thumb Up
 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I update page 8 with some news cards for Jaws (base set)
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
I update page 8 with some news cards for Jaws (base set)


Very nice... you really want a Jaws set! Big Grin

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice... you really want a Jaws set


Yes Redemption :-)

You got the money to buy the license?
If so, then I can create the set and share profite with you ok?
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I wonder who DOES hold the Jaws license.

Spielberg?

Universal Studios?

Once we find that out, then we can get a price!
 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of jenchuan
posted Hide Post
Mad Max/Road Warrior

____________________
Living well is the best revenge
 
Posts: 8 | Location: Richmond, Tenyucky (not for long!) | Registered: February 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Universal Studios


It is Universal Studios mintoncard.

You want to join the boat ;-)
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Universal Studios


It is Universal Studios mintoncard.

You want to join the boat ;-)


We're going to need a bigger boat.
 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post


Before all the actors are no longer able to sign, I would love for a company (Cough-Breygent-Cough) to do a wonderful card set for the Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Above is my MOCK-UP for a Gene Wilder Autograph card. At first I wanted to be clever and have the wrapper peeling away, or a bit of candy bar on the edges... but ultimately I kept it simple in the same way as the graphics in the original film were.

 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Askewniverse cards.

Dual costume cards of Jay and silent Bob, and you'd have plenty of stars to sign:

Joey Lauren Adams, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Claire Forlani, Jason Lee, Jeremy London.

Who here wouldn't want a prop card of Buddy Christ?!?! A piece of the Quick Stop sign? Or part of the Mooby Logo?

I didn't read all 9 pages of threads, so forgive me if someone did this already.
 
Posts: 159 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScottSummers:
Askewniverse cards.

Dual costume cards of Jay and silent Bob, and you'd have plenty of stars to sign:

Joey Lauren Adams, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Claire Forlani, Jason Lee, Jeremy London.

Who here wouldn't want a prop card of Buddy Christ?!?! A piece of the Quick Stop sign? Or part of the Mooby Logo?

I didn't read all 9 pages of threads, so forgive me if someone did this already.


I'd buy those!! Big Grin
That is a great idea!

____________________
www.misslizzyscollectibles.com
Twitter: @MLCollectibles


 
Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...) Anyway, I'd love to see a Fawlty Towers card set. Autographs would be fantastic, with all the main cast still alive and well, and of course, John Cleese has proven he is not averse to signing trading cards. And the series has international appeal...so I'm sure it would sell. In fact I think the only problem would be wrangling a deal with the BBC. So do what do you think........Strictly Ink?
 
Posts: 239 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...) Anyway, I'd love to see a Fawlty Towers card set. Autographs would be fantastic, with all the main cast still alive and well, and of course, John Cleese has proven he is not averse to signing trading cards. And the series has international appeal...so I'm sure it would sell. In fact I think the only problem would be wrangling a deal with the BBC. So do what do you think........Strictly Ink?


I believe that a Monty Python set was released. (Some consider that a comedy. Wink )
 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Blake's 7, The Vicar of Dibley, Torchwood, The Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith (with a K9 card).

____________________
The early bird catches the worm, the second mouse gets the cheese.
 
Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Other than the overly expensive box of Buffy Masterpieces Incarnadine suggested earlier, I'd like to make these suggestions:

Bones, NCIS and Back to the Future sets.
 
Posts: 9 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tamara
posted Hide Post
Cleopatra "Queen of De-Nial" and Alexander the Great (aka Lex Luthor). The most photogenic pugs on planet earth...........I can provide much pug hair for DNA cards............

____________________
"...you have no idea what I'm capable of..."
 
Posts: 1830 | Location: Victoria, Canada | Registered: March 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Torchwood, The Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith (with a K9 card).


I'm sure that had the Dr who cards got started the might have been a chance of these
 
Posts: 11819 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...)


They used to be quite common... Mash, Good Times, Alf, Happy Days, Three's Company, etc.

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:


Before all the actors are no longer able to sign, I would love for a company (Cough-Breygent-Cough) to do a wonderful card set for the Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Above is my MOCK-UP for a Gene Wilder Autograph card. At first I wanted to be clever and have the wrapper peeling away, or a bit of candy bar on the edges... but ultimately I kept it simple in the same way as the graphics in the original film were.



Thumb Up

It'd be sweet to have one of the original to wipe away memories of that creepy Depp masacre of a great movie. Roll Eyes

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
 
Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 32 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?

© Non-Sport Update 2013