Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Futurama
Big Bang Theory

and of course
Smallville Seasons 7-10!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set devoted to ginger haired girls.

ok it was a dream i had Smile Razz

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
kick A**
why wasn't there a kick A** set ?

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
kick A**
why wasn't there a kick A** set ?

There is supposed to be one.
But Dynamic Forces kept pushing back the release date. But, now, who knows? The DVD just came out and still no cards.

DF's site still just says "available soon".

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Costumes cards from Star Wars but I know it will never happen :-(

Again this is a mock only and not relate to any products from Topps:

Front/Back of Wave 1: The Empire

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Very cool Clap

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Very cool Clap

yes indeedy Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, that's not entirely accurate. "For the upcoming 10th Anniversary Chicagoland Entertainment Collectors Expo, Non-Sport Update is producing a variant version of the Oct/Nov '10 issue. The cover and included trading card feature stunning artwork by artist Mark McHaley. This issue will contain a one-of-a-kind, and first of its kind, Star Wars costume card produced by Topps exclusively for this issue. The card features authentic “Ewok fur” provided by The Prop Store."*

Yeah I just read it on NSU, that's great. I am anxious to see the look and feel of this card!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
wow, those are just beautiful cards. I wish such SW cards really exist!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Nice use of the Imperial Logo for the swatch area. Exceptional work as always. If Topps had any sense, they would champion for Star Wars costume cards from Lucas AND hire you to design them.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the nice comments :-)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
They do look nice, but I must say I've gone off costume cards a bit after getting into collecting props/costumes. There are costume collectors out there that can't stand seeing one of a kind items getting cut up into little pieces to placed in cards. At first I didn't see a problem with it, but now I can see their point and do find it sad when some costume cards go for so cheap these days, like $2. It just seems such a waste seeing there could be people out there that would admire the entire outfit so much more.

Screen worn Star Wars costumes would sell for a fortune and I don't even know if the deep pockets of Topps would fork out for the money to pay for them.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Star Wars and costume cards. Another receipe for disaster for us completionists but done in the right quantities would work for ONE set only.

However who ever said costume cards had to come from genuine props, so long as they are advertised clearly you could just use similar material used on the costumes. That way costume cards wouldn't have to be so limited. You could make as many cards as you wanted without the variations seen in other sets.

As I understand it, the ewok fur card for the NSU Variant Issue was taken from left over material from the original design process, so not from an actual Ewok (costume). So the above isn't actually so stupid.

As far as I am aware Lucasfilm has refused to part with the Star Wars costumes for such purposes anyway so the above would be an excellent compromise.

Sets I would like to see (Star Wars of course):

Set celebrating the Fans of Star Wars (e.g. clubs, fan sites, events, etc.)
ROTJ 3D
Holiday Special set

Btw, archifou, those mock-ups are fantastic, great job, probably as good if not better than anything Topps would do.

Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JR2D2,

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:

However who ever said costume cards had to come from genuine props, so long as they are advertised clearly you could just use similar material used on the costumes.

Why would they be of any interest? Confused
The point of them, for me at least, is the direct connection of being used in shows/films that I'm interested in. If you can pass off any piece of look-alike material as a costume card then I certainly would have no interest in them.
Even Artbox, who use "material used in the creation of", realise that there has to some direct connection.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I just heard from one of the artists who are doing sketch card for the series Kick-*** and they just sent in their cards to DF.

I'm still interested in the product.. it's the waiting that is 'killer'.

I STILL think that a Criminal Minds set would be awesome. Just don't know how it would come about especially since the fifth season just ended.

Movies?

A set featuring the remake of A Nightmare On Elm Street would be nice. Maybe Breygent could use the 'pack formulation' instead of putting out boxes.

Anything horror/paranormal/possession would peak my interest hehehehehehe....

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:

However who ever said costume cards had to come from genuine props, so long as they are advertised clearly you could just use similar material used on the costumes.

Why would they be of any interest? Confused
The point of them, for me at least, is the direct connection of being used in shows/films that I'm interested in. If you can pass off any piece of look-alike material as a costume card then I certainly would have no interest in them.
Even Artbox, who use "material used in the creation of", realise that there has to some direct connection.

Piecework cards, whether the caption says they are from a screen worn costume, costume material, or a personal item of clothing have become so common that there doesn't seem to be much demand for even the big names. One of the problems is that a small, one color swatch doesn't really look any different from any other small, one color swatch. So if I had to chose I would want something that was worn, but I wouldn't pay a lot for anybody.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dstrohmeng
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see Topps do a Heritage set for the original Clash of the Titans. This seems like the type of movie that should have had a Topps set when it was originally released. I'm picturing something like their Raiders of the Lost Ark set from the same year, maybe with red borders instead of Raiders' green. Anybody want to do a mock-up?

Posts: 380 | Location: Buffalo | Registered: February 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody want to do a mock-up?

I will pass my turn today. Not very happy with Topps right now :-(

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If I had resources to do one set it would be

The Untouchables

90 card base set
9 card Quotable Set
9 Card Heroes / Villains Set
6 Card Crimes of Capone set

Autographs
Kevin Costner
Sean Connery
Robert De Niro
Charles Martin Smith
Andy Garcia
Billy Drago
Patricia Clarkson

Try and find Cut signatures of Ness / Capone

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only set I have any interest in collecting at the moment is a Spartacus: Blood and Sand. So that would be my choice. Smile

Posts: 3862 | Location: UK | Registered: December 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post