Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Picture of HAPPY JACK
posted Hide Post
I would release a Watchmen set, a Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends set and a Women of DC Comics set. All of these seem like no brainers.

Posts: 90 | Location: USA | Registered: July 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Dark Angel Season Two!

I really wanted to see a Charmed 10th Anniversary set (like Buffy). I even suggested to Inkworks about a year and a half ago, but nope, nada.
If I could make my own Charmed set I would do the complete 8 seasons in a 72 card set.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Star Trek TOS Classic Costumes Cards

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool archifou! Thumb Up Big Grin

Though I'd prefer a Riddler costume card. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well now that the 70's Batman license has been given back to Warner Bros. (As part of the Watchmen / 20th Century Fox lawsuit settlement) you might just get your wish for that Riddler costume card!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
On another note:

I just finished watching the pilot episode of the new Battlestar Galactica spinoff "Caprica". I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I could see Rittenhouse making a nice card series for it. (After they release the Battlestar Galactica Motion set of course!) Who wouldn't want an Eric Stoltz or Esai Morales autograph card?

(Are you listening RA? - wink - hint)

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:

Well now that the 70's Batman license has been given back to Warner Bros. (As part of the Watchmen / 20th Century Fox lawsuit settlement) you might just get your wish for that Riddler costume card!

Really! Big Grin I hadn't that part of the settlement. We might actually get those season dvd sets finally! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
quote:

Really! Big Grin I hadn't that part of the settlement. We might actually get those season dvd sets finally! Thumb Up

Not only do I want a DVD set, I'm hoping someone (RA RA RA) puts out a much-needed card set. Can you imagine a West & Ward dual auto costume card??? (I'm sure that would be the 20 case incentive.)

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not only do I want a DVD set, I'm hoping someone (RA RA RA) puts out a much-needed card set. Can you imagine a West & Ward dual auto costume card??? (I'm sure that would be the 20 case incentive.)

And I'd be tempted to purchase it... them... even so. Razz

Picture of Batjay
posted Hide Post
I would love to see an all etched-foil set showing the technology of Batman over the years. Show Batman and all his different suits, vehicles, and gadgets from the comics, tv shows/cartoons, and movies.
Subsets:
1. Lenticulars showing various vehicles and gadgets in action
2. Foils with hologram elements added.
3. Etched-foil puzzle
4. Costume cards of the various suits used on tv and in movies.
5. Sketch cards would be really cool.
6. Autographs

I would also like to see a set showing cartoons from the 80's, such as He-man, Smurfs, Thundercats, Richie Rich, Robotech, etc... There are so many. Sketch cards would work great here as would the film cards like those from Artbox.

Posts: 34 | Location: United States | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batjay:
I would love to see an all etched-foil set showing the technology of Batman over the years. Show Batman and all his different suits, vehicles, and gadgets from the comics, tv shows/cartoons, and movies.
Subsets:
1. Lenticulars showing various vehicles and gadgets in action
2. Foils with hologram elements added.
3. Etched-foil puzzle
4. Costume cards of the various suits used on tv and in movies.
5. Sketch cards would be really cool.
6. Autographs

I would also like to see a set showing cartoons from the 80's, such as He-man, Smurfs, Thundercats, Richie Rich, Robotech, etc... There are so many. Sketch cards would work great here as would the film cards like those from Artbox.

I love the way you think! Great ideas!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:

Hi Archifou

Which set is this card from??

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:

Hi Archifou

If I'm not mistaken, this seems to be a fantastic custom card!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hi Archifou

If I'm not mistaken, this seems to be a fantastic custom card!

If that's a "Custom Card" I might as well stop collecting official cards as it will be impossible to tell Official Cards from "Rip Offs". Is Rittenhouse aware that thieves are using their license to produce counterfeit cards?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I don't think this is a "counterfeit" card. LOL
This forum topic is more about concept cards created by collectors, and hypothetical thinking about the card sets that we dream about. Smile

I'm sure Archifou meant no disrespect to Rittenhouse.

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that's a "Custom Card" I might as well stop collecting official cards as it will be impossible to tell Official Cards from "Rip Offs". Is Rittenhouse aware that thieves are using their license to produce counterfeit cards?

treksearcher... archifou just a created a visual representation of what he'd like to see from RA. Most people just post it in writing while others have the talent to create it visually. He never claimed it was official or that you could actually buy it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think this is a "counterfeit" card. LOL
This forum topic is more about concept cards created by collectors, and hypothetical thinking about the card sets that we dream about. Smile

I'm sure Archifou meant no disrespect to Rittenhouse.

Then why use the Rittenhouse Logo on the Card? If a non Card Company can produce cards of that quality "Anyone Can".

Is this Forum where collectors Rub the Noses of Card Companies in the Dirt? Why pay lots for a Card License if they are not protected by Copy-right?

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

Then why use the Rittenhouse Logo on the Card? If a non Card Company can produce cards of that quality "Anyone Can".

You don't actually believe card companies alone have graphic designers on their payroll do you? lol

Look around you... anything in your visual sight with type & images was created by a designer.

And most likely that card is probably only existing in a digital format.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Hello guys,

Actualy mintoncard and Redemption are right. I just create Mock up cards for my wish list and for the fun of it. I don't sell any card on eBay as a saw for LOTR recently that are not official. I am too honest for trying to rip people in that matter.

I even send the prototype to Steve Charendoff, President of Rittenhouse this week-end as others as my wish list since I know him well .

If I would have my own company and licenses then I would put my own logo but since it's for amusement, I used the ones that own the license at the moment as I did a few from Topps too.

Stephane

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Well, I for one really appreciate your talent and that you're only sharing that with us. It was quite obvious to me that you weren't acting malisciously.

For you to be called a thief was more than just a bit over the top.

I'd hate to think that it would stop you from posting any other pics here, but if it does please email me where I can see them. A design forum for instance. Wink

It's those people's loss don't make it mine. Shake Head