Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I think we need a set for Batman Brave and the Bold.The show is great and in many way is a extention of the Adam West Batman of the 60's. It has lots of DC heroes as well as lots of odd ball Bat Villins. The guest list for autos is a who's who in the voice acting world as well as some big names.
James Arnold Taylor: Green Arrow (Obi-Wan Kenobi- Clones Wars)
Diedrich Bader: Batman (The Drew Carey Show)
John Di Maggio: Aquaman (Futurama- Bender)
Kevin Michael Richardson: The Joker (To Many Other Shows To List)
Tom Kenny: Plastic Man (SpongeBob SquarePants)
Will Friedle: Blue Beetle (Kim Possible -Ron Stoppable, Batman Beyond- Batman)
Corey Burton: Doc Magnus (Star Wars: The Clone Wars- Count Dooku)
Gary Anthony Williams: Mongul (Boston Legal- Clarence, Undercover Brother- Smart Brother)
R. Lee Ermey: Wildcat (House, Full Metal Jacket, and so much more!)
Stephen Root: Woozy Winks/Penguin (King of the Hill, Newsradio)
Armin Shimerman: Ace Morgan (STBig GrinS9, Buffy)
Oded Fehr: Equinox (Mummy Movies, Charmed, 24)
Mark Hamill: Spectre (Batman- The Joker, also I think he was in Star Wars)
Clancy Brown: Mugger (Highlander, LOST, SpongeBob SquarePants)
Wil Weaton: Silver Age Blue Beetle (ST:NG)
Neil Patrick Harris: Music Master

I'd buy a couple of boxes.
And forget:

Adam West: Thomas Wayne
Julie Nemar: Martha Wayne
Kevin Conroy: The voice of Batman for over 20 years and as done a few voices for this series.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
A few more names for a Brave and the Bold set:
* Edoardo Ballerini - Vulture, Jack
* Xander Berkeley - Sinestro[9]
* Clancy Brown - Per Degaton, Rohtul[14]
* Jeffrey Combs - Kite Man
* Michael Dorn - Bane[15], Kru'll the Eternal
* R. Lee Ermey - Wildcat
* Oded Fehr - Equinox
* Ellen Greene - Mrs. Manface[2]
* Ioan Gruffudd - Blue Beetle Scarab, Matthew "Red" Ryan
* Mark Hamill - Spectre
* Neil Patrick Harris - Music Meister,
* John Michael Higgins - Riddler
* William Katt - Hawkman
* Wallace Langham - Ocean Master
* David McCallum - Merlin
* Andy Milder - Flash/Jay Garrick, Geo-Force
* Phil Morris - Fox[9], Jonah Hex
* Laraine Newman - Ms. Minerva
* Julie Newmar - Martha Wayne (2nd Time)
* Hunter Parrish - Wally West
* Ron Perlman - Doctor Double X
* Jim Piddock - Calendar Man/Calendar King, Dr. Watson, Doctor Sivana, Shazam
* James Remar - Two-Face (1st Time)
* Paul Reubens - Bat-Mite[12]
* Henry Rollins - Robotman[16]
* Stephen Root - Penguin, Woozy Winks, Planet Master
* Michael Rosenbaum - Deadman[13]
* Tom Everett Scott - Booster Gold
* Armin Shimerman - Calculator[2], Psycho-Pirate, Walter Mark "Prof" Haley
* John Wesley Shipp - Professor Zoom
* J.K. Simmons - Guardians of the Universe, Evil Star, Kyle "Ace" Morgan
* Cree Summer - Vixen
* Jeffrey Tambor - Crazy Quilt
* Tony Todd - Astaroth
* Alan Tudyk - Flash/Barry Allen
* Adam West - Thomas Wayne (3rd Time)
* Wil Wheaton - Blue Beetle/Ted Kord[17]
* Gary Anthony Williams - Fun Haus, Mongul, Mongal
* Tyler James Williams - Firestorm[18]
* Thomas F. Wilson - Sportsmaster, Catman
* Peter Woodward - Caesar, Ra's al Ghul

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
i am sure this has been said a million times but....Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!!!!

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Like the Alien Legacy set Inkworks did a few years back i would love to see a Predator set that cover the 3 Predator movies, not the AvP stuff just the 3 really films.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
A natural follow on set Something something something darkside from family guy so many great screen shots would be a total winner

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jdbuzz44
posted Hide Post
I would die for a set from "The Office"

Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson (Dwight!!!), Jenna Fischer,John Kransinski.... so many Autographs I would love!!!!

The Prop cards could be an endless amount of possibilites as well.... I would buy cases if this ever came to be

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdbuzz44:
I would die for a set from "The Office"

Steve Carell, Rainn Wilson (Dwight!!!), Jenna Fischer,John Kransinski.... so many Autographs I would love!!!!

The Prop cards could be an endless amount of possibilites as well.... I would buy cases if this ever came to be

I'd love an "Office" set. It could have autographs from the fine cast (I would dearly love a Creed Bratton auto), a solid guest star and director (Joss Whedon, anyone?) lineup, and also a card signed by Ricky Gervais, star and co-creator of the UK original that started it all.

Even more unlikely, but still fun to think about would be "Pam" sketch cards. These would be artist commissioned drawings of things around Scranton, PA, and maybe Pam's co-workers, sort of the way her character sees them. They'd be signed by "Pam" on front and by the actual artist on the reverse.

Rainn Wilson is also a favorite of mine. He perhaps could've signed for Rittenhouse on their "Six Feet Under" cards some years ago, but they only made one set for season 1&2, and I think he came aboard around Season 3. Rainn, who played the shy and eccentric mortician Arthur, was excellent on the show, completely different than Dwight. I'm glad he's now in a bigger role on a show seen by a lot of people.

A set for pretty much any of the NBC Thursday shows would yield lots of great autographs. How about "30 Rock"? The guest star parade on that show is a who's who of big names. They even had Oprah!

"The Office", great idea!

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Would release a baseball type set for the movie

Major League

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
A true Anniversary Set for Marvel Universe. Because the one I saw really miss a lot of things. Specially one thing: "The Man" Stan Lee.

A box of 36 packs with 8 cards by pack. Forget the different types of boxes the hobby, jumbo, retail, Walmart, BFI, etc.

A set of 72 Cards. By year every Card with a Great artwork from cover or interior of the best/most interesting comic of that year. In the back a comment from the artist, writer, editor or a description about that issue.

Added to base set a 9 card set "The Marvel Universe Unleashed by George Perez" a big picture of all the heroes & villains in the Marvel Universe.

Editors Parallel Foil Set (1:1) - The same base set, but in the back is a comment of Stan Lee & other editors about that year character or story they prefer.

Stan Lee Era 9 Foil Card Set (1:12) - The artwork can be recycle work from the artist that originally teamed with Lee to make the characters or new artwork by Alexx Ross. In the back Stan Lee's comments.

Hologram 9 Card Set (1:6)- Classic from many sets of Marvel from the '90s.

The Marvelous '90s Revelation 7 Card Set (1:36 packs)- Cards with the art of McFarlane, Silvestri, Jim Lee, Liefield, Larsen, Valentino, and Portacio.

The common sketch card (any artist that never worked for Marvel in a comic or other project) (1:1 box)

The Rare Sketch Card "The True Marvel Sketch Card" any sketch made by any marvel artist. (1:2 box)

The Extremely limited or Scarce sketch cards are cards from artist like McFarlane, Lee, Mike Deodato Jr, etc.

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would like a new Disney Treasures-esque set that would include autographs from the voice actors. Especially with the star-studded lineups of current-era films, imagine the possibilities! Eek

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Because of the phenomenon that is all things Twilight/Vampire related I think a Vampire Diaries set would go down well with the masses.
I so much wanted to hate the show, but I got hooked, so I would definitely buy a set.
Especially if it had autos and costume cards Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The Closer, great cast and good guests. This is one of the highest rated shows on cable, so if we can have Dexter and The Tudors why can't some manufacturer pick this one up. Frown

And Burn Notice too. Smile

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Speaking of vampires, I'd like a True Blood set Big Grin

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

And Burn Notice too. Smile

They seem to be having issues with this, and talk of a new feature film prequel has sent the potential cost to high. It would be a great set but would have a limited market appeal so it's difficult to see how it can be profitable.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I'd agree with The Closer as well. Great show and a great cast. Unfortunately they don't seem to go for the normal cop shows, they have to be more sci-fi or totally different like Dexter.

I'd like a set for Merlin, it has the fantasy element plus a good cast including Anthony Head.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Quotable Big Bang Theory

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Harry Potter Sorcerer's Stone Update
Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets Update

Lord of the Rings: Evolution Update
Lord of the Rings: Heroes & Villains

Star Wars: Heroes & Villains

Clash of the Titans
Ghostbusters
1 & 2
Matrix Trilogy
Office TV show (#1 On my list)Wave

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I great set would be Burn Notice.
Sign me up for that

Posts: 128 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
Speaking of vampires, I'd like a True Blood set Big Grin

Totally number one on my wish list Big Grin

It's just so dissapointing that they won't sell the licence.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
A Space 1999 would be cool.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post