Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Just thought of another one, HBO's Entourage

And what would be cool would be the following autos:

Vincent Chase (Aquaman)
Okay, that would take some help from Warners/DC, but the next one wouldn't

Johnny "Drama" Chase (Tarvold) from Viking Quest, and an autograph quotable card of

VICTORY!

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But wait, yet another idea!

Something that I don't think has been seen since the Fleer/Skybox sets featuring the death and return of Superman, card sets based on various storylines!

DC sets featuring the various "Crises" Marvel sets featuring stuff like Civil War, and Secret Invasion.

As well as specific character storyline sets as well.

Autos of course would be writers and inkers as well as "original art" cards featuring scenes, or even unused art, from the stories.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting for that Pirates of the Caribbean set that was canceled; even just a base set would be great, but props/costumes/autos would be fantastic! I seem to remember someone on this board made some gorgeous mock-ups and posted them a while back...

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of gt2590
posted Hide Post
How about a "Ships of the Line" Star Trek card set, based on, but not duplicates of the calendar art?

Autos and Memoriabilia wouldn't work, but man, would the sketch cards be frickin' sweet!!

If they can't do a full set, how about as inserts in the new Movie card set?

And BTW, if they do a MYST3K set, I want the original Hercules included in the auto set, even if it has to be a "cut" sig.

Posts: 5 | Location: near Philly, USA | Registered: November 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
THE DARK KNIGHT
it had to be said
please continue with the mock-up cards

I really hope RA eventually gets this franchise since Topps has ignored it.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
With its 25th anniversary coming up in the summer, I'd love to see a Heritage-type Ghostbusters set. It would lend well to old-school technology like stickers, glow-in-the-dark, foil, etc. I'd love autographs from the cast and even sketch cards could work with the various creatures and the cartoon. To top it off, I'd go with a manufactured patch card of the logo.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gt2590:
How about a "Ships of the Line" Star Trek card set, based on, but not duplicates of the calendar art?

Autos and Memoriabilia wouldn't work, but man, would the sketch cards be frickin' sweet!!

If they can't do a full set, how about as inserts in the new Movie card set?

You could totally do memorabilia. I'm sure ILM has some NC17 (pre-CGI) model parts laying around the shop. Those would make for GREAT prop cards!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
With its 25th anniversary coming up in the summer, I'd love to see a Heritage-type Ghostbusters set. It would lend well to old-school technology like stickers, glow-in-the-dark, foil, etc. I'd love autographs from the cast and even sketch cards could work with the various creatures and the cartoon. To top it off, I'd go with a manufactured patch card of the logo.

With the release of the new video game, I'm surprised no one decided to make a nice retrospective card set for this license. We get THREE Indy sets in one year, but not even one Ghostbusters. What a shame.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I'd release Doctor Who Series 1-2!

Wink

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kennywood, I was too lazy to track down the original thread Razz

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Metal
WHY NOT AN "ANIMAL HOUSE" set.
90 to 100 cards base set.
Cut graphs of John "BLUTO" Belushi Frown Maybe seeded 1 to 125 cases.
other graphs, including Karen Allen, Donald Sutherland, Tim Matheson etc.
pieceworks cards including a 1st Elephant miniture whiskey bottles embedded in a card, a feather from the PILLOW FIGHT, a actual rung from the ladder (BLUTO used on girls dorm)redemption (1 per 25 cases).

Also on a tamer lamer playing field A Petticoat Junction Set that would then lead to the spinoff set of Green Acres.
piecework cards of course would be Petticoats, pieces of the water tower, send in redemptions for props from Sam Druckers store.
the graphs would be awesome the girls, uncle joe, even throw in a June Lockhart (she was in the final season after Bea died.)
who wouldn't want an "OLIVER DOUGLAS" suit piecework card or a MR HANEY Hat prop card.
Awesome thread by the way
OH WELL we can dream
SKY

Posts: 6 | Location: OHIO | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I went to Circuit City a couple of weeks ago to see if they had any close out sales. I picked up Seasons 1 & 2 of The Closer, which I had never seen, just because it was a good price. Well now I'm half way thru and just ordered Season 3.

This is a nice little show. It has a good cast and a running story, but each episode is a self contained who-done-it with guest stars.

So I would like to nominate this for a card set as it starts its 4th season in June. If we can get Dexter, why not The Closer? Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
The Closer is great, but she po's me at times... I don't know how far you're into it so I don't want to give anything away. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it'd be cool to do a full Willow set.

Autos:

Val Kilmer
Joanne Whalley
Warwick (I know, plenty out there)
Jean Marsh as Queen Bavmorda
Kevin Pollak
Ron Howard
Billy Barty
Gavan O'Herlihy (also in Supes III)

Costumes:

Willow's costume
Madmartigan's costume
Sorsha's costume
Bavmorda's costume
Piece of Willow's wand
Piece of Madmartigan's sword
Piece of bundle cloth that held Elora
Piece of Troll outfit
Piece of Gen. Kael's skull mask

Would be awesome

Posts: 159 | Location: Indiana | Registered: July 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
The Closer is great, but she po's me at times... I don't know how far you're into it so I don't want to give anything away. Wink

Oh yeah, she is a piece of work at times, but I kind of like that. She does some morally questionable things to solve the case and a few of the murderers have understandable motives.

I think the flawed actions are what make it more real. At least she's not as bad as Dexter. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the flawed actions are what make it more real. At least she's not as bad as Dexter.

Hey, what's THAT supposed to mean? You make it sound like Dexter's got a problem. He's just doing what the government would do (although he's more dramatic about it) if they were smart enough to solve the case and convict the bad guys. He also costs a lot less than the multi-million dollar trials and all the forensic medical bills... not to mention the $130,000 it usually costs to put a guy away for a few years. Viva le Dexter!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I've never been able to watch a whole episode of "The Closer" because of the main character's voice. I don't know if it's the actress's normal voice or if she is putting on a voice and/or accent, but i find it so annoying that I can't listen for long enough to work out the plot.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Metalgday Jen, being an aussie midnight oil fan, my card set would feature the mighty oils
72 base card set
CHASE CARDS: foil or embossed tour poster cards
AUTO CARDS: 1 of each member and the really hard to find would be Gary Morris the manager
MEMORABILIA CARDS: guitar pick cards, shirts worn cards, piece of drum skin or stick set into a chase card
FAN CARDS: pic cards of fans at concerts holding tix of going off in the moshpit.
I would definitely be interested in a case of these

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
I've never been able to watch a whole episode of "The Closer" because of the main character's voice. I don't know if it's the actress's normal voice or if she is putting on a voice and/or accent, but i find it so annoying that I can't listen for long enough to work out the plot.

Kyra Sedgwick was born in New York, so the Southern drawl she uses for the character is put on. She is also married to actor Kevin Bacon.

I don't find the accent annoying, but I know what you mean. Sometimes she lays it on a bit too thick.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScottSummers:
I think it'd be cool to do a full Willow set.

Autos:

Val Kilmer
Joanne Whalley
Warwick (I know, plenty out there)
Jean Marsh as Queen Bavmorda
Kevin Pollak
Ron Howard
Billy Barty
Gavan O'Herlihy (also in Supes III)

In case you didn't know, Billy Barty has been gone for some years now. Frown

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post