Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Well if you're going to insist...

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6883/jawspropcard05xy7.jpg

An Amity police badge from Roy would be nice. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
Hey - Those card mock-ups are FANTASTIC Thumb Up Do some more......

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
How about the "MAD MAX TRILOGY"
or "THE FANTASY FILM WORLDS OF GEORGE PAL" (He did the original War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, Journey to the Center of the Earth and others.)
or "THE MIND OF GILLIAM" featuring the films of Ex-Monty Pythoner Terry Gilliam (Time Bandits, Brazil, 12 Monkeys and other twisted titles.)
or "RIDLEY SCOTT - THE FILMS" (He did Bladerunner, Legend, Gladiator and others.)
and for yuks "The Warriors" (That fantasy gang movie)
I could go on.............. Twak

Posts: 89 | Location: Earth - I'm told | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gregore
posted Hide Post
Ok - I'll go on with some TV....
Night Gallery
Thunder the Barbarian
The Muppet Show (Think of all the stars)
Twak Twak
stop me before I post again.

Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
"300" Card Set
5 Cards per Pack
20 Packs per Box
8 Boxes per Case
300 Cases Produced

90 Card Base Set
Parallel Set #/300 (1 per Box)

Autographs (1 per box)
A1 Gerard Butler as King Leonidas
A2 Lena Headey as Queen Gorgo
A3 David Wenham as Dilios
A4 Rodrigo Santora as Xerxes
A5 Vincent Regan as Artemis
A6 Dominic West as Theron
A7 Andrew Tiernan as Ephialtes
A8 Kelly Craig as Oracle
A9 Michael Fassbender as Stelios
A10 Tom Wisdom as Astinos
A11 Peter Mensah as Persian Messenger
A12 Zack Snyder the Director
A13 Frank Miller

Prop Cards (1:4 Boxes) WORK IN PROGRESS
P1 Leonidas Spear
P2 Queen Gorgo Necklace
P3 Messenger Skulls
P4 Xerxes Coin

Costume Cards WORK IN PROGRESS

Sketch Cards (1:2 Boxes) WORK IN PROGRESS
Frank Miller - 10 total sketches 1:4800 Packs

IMAX Film Cells Cards 1:1 Boxes) WORK IN PROGRESS

This message has been edited. Last edited by: prospect5k,

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of zeeterman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gregore:
How about the "MAD MAX TRILOGY"
or "THE FANTASY FILM WORLDS OF GEORGE PAL" (He did the original War of the Worlds, The Time Machine, Journey to the Center of the Earth and others.)
or "THE MIND OF GILLIAM" featuring the films of Ex-Monty Pythoner Terry Gilliam (Time Bandits, Brazil, 12 Monkeys and other twisted titles.)
or "RIDLEY SCOTT - THE FILMS" (He did Bladerunner, Legend, Gladiator and others.)
and for yuks "The Warriors" (That fantasy gang movie)
I could go on.............. Twak

I'd definately be in for Mad Max and Gilliam.

Also, in for that complete Twin Peaks set mentioned earlier.

Posts: 108 | Location: Chronopolis, Vulgaria | Registered: January 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
I really like this thread and the mock-ups- I'm thinking of more imaginary sets to do- maybe:

Pop Stars of the '80s?

90 Card Base Set

Chase Sets:

10 - Biggest Hits of the 1980s: Foil cards detailing the top-selling songs of each year in the '80s as indicated by Billboard.

6 - The Best Selling Eighties Artists- Embossed cards of Madonna! Prince! Michael Jackson! and more.

5 - CD Box Loaders- 5 collectible 3" picture CDs featuring two songs each covering the top selling songs of the '80s- 80/81, 82/83, 84/85, 86/87 and 88/89.

Autographs- individual:

Prince
Madonna
Cyndi Lauper
Michael Jackson
Belinda Carlisle (Go-Go's)
Phil Collins
Jane Wiedlin (Go-Go's)
Neil Finn (Crowded House)
Peter Gabriel
Susanna Hoffs (Bangles)
Vicki Peterson (Bangles)
Debbi Peterson (Bangles)
Michael Steele (Bangles)
Janet Jackson
Paula Abdul
Debbie Gibson
Sting (Police)
Andy Summers (Police)
Stewart Copeland (Police)
Fred Schneider (B-52s)
Michael Stipe (R.E.M.)
Kate Pierson (B-52s)
Billy Idol

and more...(including full band autographs)

Now this set would be a nightmare, including licensing fees- yikes.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I would like to see a set featuring the series Crusade (Babylon 5 spin-off). Since the series only lasted 13 episodes, the set would have to be a combination episode set and profiles set, otherwise, it would be a pretty small set. The 100 card base set would consist of a 3 card mural header (similar to the FarScape season sets) , 39 episode cards (3 card synopsis for each of the 13 episodes), then 3 cards profiling J. Michael Straczynski, then 9 card profiles for each of the 6 main re-occurring characters ( Captain Matthew Gideon played by Gary Cole, Lieutenant John Matheson played by Daniel Dae Kim, Max Eilerson played by David Allen Brooks, Galen played by Peter Woodward, Dr. Sarah Chambers played by Marjean Holden, and Dureena Nafeel played by Carrie Dobro), and ending the set with a checklist card.

Chase cards to include:

Autograph cards from J. Michael Straczynski, plus each of the main characters Gary Cole, Daniel Dae Kim, David Allen Brooks, Peter Woodward, Marjean Holden, and Carrie Dobro, plus Tracy Scoggins who appeared in the last few episodes.

Costume cards from Galen's cloak, old Uniforms from each of the officers, new uniforms from each of the officers, archaeologist expedition jacket from Max Eilerson, and alien costume from Dureena Nafeel.

Other chase cards:

9 card Behind the Scenes chase set
9 card "A Call To Arms" foil set (Movie which tied Crusade and B5 together).
9 card Drakh Foe set featuring the alien race and ships.
13 card The Complete Crusade set (One card per episode in the same collage format as The Complete Babylon 5 base set)
7 card The Complete B5 Movie set (One for each of the movies in the same collage format as The Complete Babylon 5 base set- The Gathering, In The Beginning, Thirdspace, The River of Souls, A Call to Arms, The Legend of the Rangers, The Lost Tales)

Dan Carleton

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Pretty easy for me to come up with one, I've been dreaming of this set for years.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Masterpieces.

4 cards per pack
36 packs per box
4 boxes per case (boxes serial numbered xxxx/4000)
1000 serial numbered cases.

99 card base set.

2 sketch cards per box from 50-100 different artists (no artist would do more than 200 max)

Autographs- 1200 single autographs would be tough pulls averaging 1 per 4 box case but with a chance at 2 and all from main characters and significant recurring characters. Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Cordelia, Angel, Faith, Spike, Drusilla, Darla, Dawn, and Anya. Each would be serial numbered /100

Dual Auto's- 250 total, 5 different dual auto combos, each serial numbered /50.

Inserts:

Keep the 9 card foil Puzzle cards- roughly 1:16 packs (should be 1 set per case)

A 9 card Dufex set with each card featuring a different main character.- 1:32 packs (2 cases should make 1 set)

A parallel to the base set done in Dufex with a different color card back and serial numbered /99, roughly 1:15 packs .

1/1's - Refractor versions of each insert and base card. All printing plates as well, including those for the autograph cards (those printing plates would be autographed as well).

Case toppers- Simple costume cards, but a nice variety, possibly as many as 9, at least one of which would be a dual. Cards would be numbered CT1, CT2, CT3, etc...

I know it's a pipe dream but if it ever came to pass I'd be a happy camper. Wink

Hmm, the lottery here is $30 million on wednesday, maybe if I win that I could finance it myself. Razz

That sounds like a great set... Maybe one day in the near future we will see a set like that from Buffy.

I personally do not think it would ever happen, but you never know.

We can all dream... Smile

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of jademaliburoad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
Incarnadine - I LOVE your idea of Buffy Masterpieces! I wonder if the Season 8 comics will inspire any sort of art-based set, which is the one element that's sorely missed in the Inkworks Buffy franchise.

I also agree with some earlier posts about Alias Season 5 and Veronica Mars Season 3 - the earlier sets of the series just don't feel right somehow, since the series wasn't finished out in card form.

The first thing that tops my mind on this topic is an Angel non-season-based set. Connections is a brilliant franchise for this, but with next year being the 10th Anniversary of Angel - there's potential for a blow-out set(better than BtVS, IMO, because the Angel license has never expanded beyond season-based sets).

I don't have any specific ideas about what should be in the base or chase sets.

*Pieceworks cards - a nice selection from a variety of characters, spanning as many seasons as possible - it would be nice if there were enough costumes from enough characters to make a decent sized set without repeating the same character more than once.

*Autograph cards - Repeat signers would be unavoidable in this type of situation(since all of the main cast have signed). But, along with the best-of-the-best repeat signers, there are some new ones that could be added: Sam Anderson/Holland, Sarah Thompson/Eve, Alexa Devalos/Gwen to name a few.

Memorabilia Pieceworks would be a nice addition - I still wish the Season 5 set could've included a PW card for the Shanshu Prophecy that Angel signed away at the end of the series. Something along those lines. And it should include a really nice Memorial Card of some kind for Glenn Quinn.

10th year anniversary of Angel, ho boy where does the time flies!

I love your idea. An Angel set has a lot of potential, as there was not many piecework cards released. Gwen appeared only a few times but was loved by the fans: imagine a pw card of her red gloves or outfit.

Excellent idea the memorial card of Glenn.

Posts: 1188 | Location: France | Registered: April 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I'm back..

Twin Peaks prop card mockup -

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
mintoncards:

GREAT mock-ups for Batman! If only...

I'd like to see a new Space:1999 set.

Of course, be careful what you wish for as they say!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of riddickfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggerhouse:
I would like to see a set featuring the series Crusade (Babylon 5 spin-off). Since the series only lasted 13 episodes, the set would have to be a combination episode set and profiles set, otherwise, it would be a pretty small set. The 100 card base set would consist of a 3 card mural header (similar to the FarScape season sets) , 39 episode cards (3 card synopsis for each of the 13 episodes), then 3 cards profiling J. Michael Straczynski, then 9 card profiles for each of the 6 main re-occurring characters ( Captain Matthew Gideon played by Gary Cole, Lieutenant John Matheson played by Daniel Dae Kim, Max Eilerson played by David Allen Brooks, Galen played by Peter Woodward, Dr. Sarah Chambers played by Marjean Holden, and Dureena Nafeel played by Carrie Dobro), and ending the set with a checklist card.

Chase cards to include:

Autograph cards from J. Michael Straczynski, plus each of the main characters Gary Cole, Daniel Dae Kim, David Allen Brooks, Peter Woodward, Marjean Holden, and Carrie Dobro, plus Tracy Scoggins who appeared in the last few episodes.

Costume cards from Galen's cloak, old Uniforms from each of the officers, new uniforms from each of the officers, archaeologist expedition jacket from Max Eilerson, and alien costume from Dureena Nafeel.

Other chase cards:

9 card Behind the Scenes chase set
9 card "A Call To Arms" foil set (Movie which tied Crusade and B5 together).
9 card Drakh Foe set featuring the alien race and ships.
13 card The Complete Crusade set (One card per episode in the same collage format as The Complete Babylon 5 base set)
7 card The Complete B5 Movie set (One for each of the movies in the same collage format as The Complete Babylon 5 base set- The Gathering, In The Beginning, Thirdspace, The River of Souls, A Call to Arms, The Legend of the Rangers, The Lost Tales)

Dan Carleton

I loved this show,and a card set would be cool.I second it. Thumb Up

Posts: 1491 | Location: Panama City Beach,FL | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
I'm back..

Twin Peaks prop card mockup -

BEAUTIFUL TWIN PEAKS PROPS, mintoncard.
My log says "Way to go!" Clap

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
I love the idea of a Calvin & Hobbes set, nevets! We can only wish...

One set I'd like to see is a "Complete Quantum Leap". I'm sure it would've done better back in the day, but if you were a fan, you gotta admit that it was a darned good show from start to finish, it didn't get too corny, and there were some real good plot twists at times, too.

I'm still disappointed that a "Pirates of the Carribean" series was canceled- add that one.

Hmmm... a Futurama set!!!! I've been wanting that for years now! Truth be told, I was sorely tempted to do just that. I don't feel like wrangling with legal issues, however Wink

Gosh, what else?
The original "The Terminator" movie. I've always wanted that. How about "Robocop"? Or "Die Hard"? Yippie Kiyay!

"Ghost Rider"
"I Am Legend"
"National Treasure"

Those would keep me busy for a while LOL

(hey- chesspieceface- email me about those Star Wars wrappers!)

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
SWEENEY TODD!
Big Grin

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prospect5k
posted Hide Post
WATCHMEN

Posts: 414 | Location: Waterford, MI USA | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
THE DARK KNIGHT
it had to be said
please continue with the mock-up cards

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kingraider32
posted Hide Post
Married with Children

Posts: 295 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post