Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
nevets -

Thanks for the props for my mockups. That's just my equivalent of "doodling". Fun stuff.

Regarding the Batman license - I recall an article in an issue of NSU where this particular license was brought up in a roundtable discussion between card company owners. Everyone agreed that the license was nearly impossible to get. If the big guys can't get it... Frown

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I also want to see the additional Family Guy seasons released. The first two releases were popular, I can't understand why the sketch card issues can't be worked out.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Sketch card issues?

Where there problems with the previous Family Guy sketch cards?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Oh Boy! Those JAWS cards look really good! Keep 'em coming. I would certainly buy all that I could afford.

Any card companies out there taking note?

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted June 25, 2008 07:09 PM Hide Post
Sketch card issues?

From what I understand, FOX had some serious issues with the sketches for season two, which is why the Star Wars set had no sketches, and why we probably will not be seeing anymore down the road. How popular would have the New Hope set been if there were sketches, or even autos? I'm not saying the set wasn't popular, but it easily would have sold in much greater quantity with just one of those two elements. It's a property perfectly suited for sketch cards, as it's a cartoon. The world is mad, I tell you! FOX shall rue this day!!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Love it! Metal

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
There almost was a Mystery Science Theater 3000 set back when the movie came out. There was actually a promo set produced for the film.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't heard yet, Shout!Factory is going to be having a 20th Anniversary MST3K panel at San Diego with EVERYONE there. From the original KTMA crew up through the Sci-Fi era. Here's the blurb from the MST3Kinfo website:

"We now have full confirmation of the upcoming panel at Comic-Con in San Diego, Friday, July 25, 7:15 p.m.

On the panel will be: Trace Beaulieu, Paul Chaplin, Frank Conniff, Bill Corbett, Joel Hodgson, Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy, Bridget Nelson, Mike Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl and J. Elvis Weinstein. Wow.

The moderator will be Patton Oswalt."

That ROCKS!!!!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
There almost was a Mystery Science Theater 3000 set back when the movie came out. There was actually a promo set produced for the film.

Oh, and if anyone hasn't heard yet, Shout!Factory is going to be having a 20th Anniversary MST3K panel at San Diego with EVERYONE there. From the original KTMA crew up through the Sci-Fi era. Here's the blurb from the MST3Kinfo website:

"We now have full confirmation of the upcoming panel at Comic-Con in San Diego, Friday, July 25, 7:15 p.m.

On the panel will be: Trace Beaulieu, Paul Chaplin, Frank Conniff, Bill Corbett, Joel Hodgson, Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy, Bridget Nelson, Mike Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl and J. Elvis Weinstein. Wow.

The moderator will be Patton Oswalt."

That ROCKS!!!!

-Bob-

PATTON OSWALT!! I wasn't planning on going to Comic-Con... I might have to reevaluate that decision.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
PATTON OSWALT!! I wasn't planning on going to Comic-Con... I might have to reevaluate that decision.

LOL..."Screw those cable TV guys...Patton Freakin' Oswalt is gonna be there!"

I think Patton Oswalt is ALWAYS at Comic Con in some capcity. Smile

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
G. I. joe Masterpieces

combo cartoon and comic book art 120 cards 60 from each

sketch cards from both

cartoon animated film cells

redemption cards for orignial comic book art

Autos

larry hama
voice actors from cartoon

murgess merridith cut auto

foil cards 10 from each
sn sub sets /2008 /25

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Ok... I need to stop now...

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok... I need to stop now...

Never stop when you're having fun.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Well if you're going to insist...

Picture of mattkickbox
posted Hide Post
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT!

Autos:
Jason Bateman
Will Arnet
Ron Howard
Portia de Rossi
Michael Cera
David Cross
Tony Hale
Jeffrey Tambor
and I guess
Alia Shawkat (Maeby)
Jessica Walter (Lucille)

Chase:
Collection of running jokes (e.g. "I've made a huge mistake", buster always being on the side of the shot, Tobias in the fireplace, and his cutoffs)
Guest Stars (William Hung, Scott Baio, Zach Braff, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Judy Greer, Liza Minnelli, Amy Poehler, Ben Stiller, Dave Thomas, etc.)

Customes/Prop:
Tobias' cutoffs
GOB's shirts
Pieces of the one-armed man's fake arm?

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
AJJ -

As a regular listener to Smodcast, I think Kevin Smith would be beyond thrilled to have a View Askew card set. Perhaps someone should link to this thread in the Smodcast talkbacks....

I've started a thread on The Viewaskew forum and copied all my posts on to it. Most of the replies are very positive.

Great mock-ups, any chance of some Kevin Smith movies collection mock-ups?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mattkickbox
posted Hide Post
I buy a kevin smith set, and I know at least 5-10 others who would buy at least one set or more!

Posts: 100 | Location: Canada | Registered: June 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Great thread- lots of cool ideas! Love the "Jaws" mockups Smile

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Incarnadine - I LOVE your idea of Buffy Masterpieces! I wonder if the Season 8 comics will inspire any sort of art-based set, which is the one element that's sorely missed in the Inkworks Buffy franchise.

I also agree with some earlier posts about Alias Season 5 and Veronica Mars Season 3 - the earlier sets of the series just don't feel right somehow, since the series wasn't finished out in card form.

The first thing that tops my mind on this topic is an Angel non-season-based set. Connections is a brilliant franchise for this, but with next year being the 10th Anniversary of Angel - there's potential for a blow-out set(better than BtVS, IMO, because the Angel license has never expanded beyond season-based sets).

I don't have any specific ideas about what should be in the base or chase sets.

*Pieceworks cards - a nice selection from a variety of characters, spanning as many seasons as possible - it would be nice if there were enough costumes from enough characters to make a decent sized set without repeating the same character more than once.

*Autograph cards - Repeat signers would be unavoidable in this type of situation(since all of the main cast have signed). But, along with the best-of-the-best repeat signers, there are some new ones that could be added: Sam Anderson/Holland, Sarah Thompson/Eve, Alexa Devalos/Gwen to name a few.

Memorabilia Pieceworks would be a nice addition - I still wish the Season 5 set could've included a PW card for the Shanshu Prophecy that Angel signed away at the end of the series. Something along those lines. And it should include a really nice Memorial Card of some kind for Glenn Quinn.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
Its highly unlikely but I would just LOVE to see a Calvin and Hobbes set. I think it would translate well into trading cards.

I would like it to have a base set of 180 cards:

individual character cards with bio on back (like the simpsons cards)

invention cards spotlighting Calvins many inventions

Gruesome snowman cards

3 piece comic panel cards that form a complete comic when put together

9 piece sunday panels

Artist cards depicting other artists interpritation of the characters

Im shure there could be many other subsets as well......... just no foils, no paralells, maybe embossed? I just dont want to cheapen the simple magnificence of the strip.

SKETCH CARDS!!...this set is perfect for these i would like to have all the artists do these in their own style(the best can be used for the artist cards in the base set). and some by Bill Waterson himself Drool

I dont want any garantee on the insertion rate...completely random

NO autos
NO pieceworks
NO props

simple elegant extensive

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post