Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
what's a sketh card??

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Wire - prob the best TV series ever made.

Dexter - I NEED a set of Dexter auto cards! Love that show...

Posts: 235 | Location: UK | Registered: March 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
What in the world is Chrismast?

I always thought it was called Christmas.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dual autos for Buffy Masterpiece love it!! but we all know SMG or Seth will NEVER sign! alias 5 would be cool also

Posts: 91 | Location: yucca valley,ca 92284 | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1970s Live Action Superheroes
120 card base set

Insert sets -
Embossed Heroes
Embossed Villains
Holofoil vehicles

Autographs -
Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)
Nicholas Hammond (Spiderman)
Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk)
Reb Brown (Captain America)
Michael Gray (SHAZAM!)
Joanna Cameron (Isis)
plus supporting cast members to even out collectability.

Costumes -
Captain America Suit
Hulk Shirt
Wonder Woman Lasso
Shazam Cape
Isis skirt

Posts: 75 | Location: Planet Toronto | Registered: September 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ghost Hunters

Inserts Sets
The Hunters
Tools of the Trade
puzzle of the hunters

Autographs of the Hunters and the special guests

costumes from th hunters

Rare redemptions for chance to hunt with the hunters..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple B:
1970s Live Action Superheroes
120 card base set

Insert sets -
Embossed Heroes
Embossed Villains
Holofoil vehicles

Autographs -
Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman)
Nicholas Hammond (Spiderman)
Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk)
Reb Brown (Captain America)
Michael Gray (SHAZAM!)
Joanna Cameron (Isis)
plus supporting cast members to even out collectability.

Costumes -
Captain America Suit
Hulk Shirt
Wonder Woman Lasso
Shazam Cape
Isis skirt

I'd so buy that Triple B! Thumb Up

Especially if your list included...

Electra Woman & Dyna Girl - Deidre Hall/Judy Strangis

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Fantastic work archifou!!!!!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
that Jaws card is awesome. I would LOVE to see that set.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I agree with Todd. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I'd so buy that Triple B! Thumb Up

Especially if your list included...

Electra Woman & Dyna Girl - Deidre Hall/Judy Strangis[/QUOTE]

There actually is a Judy "DynaGirl" Strangis autograph in the Twilight Zone set. She was in the episode "The Bard" with Burt Reynolds and she was about 14 at the time (and as pictured on the card). True, she's not in her Krofft costume, but it's the next best thing.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
archifou - you had better be careful, you're going to get people WAY too excited for a Jaws set that doesn't exist. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Big Bang Theory

3 Card set Neighbors Leonard/Sheldon/Penny
6 Card set Leonard Says (famous leonard Quotes)
9 Card Set Friends

Autograph Lineup
Johnny Galecki as Leonard
Jim Parsons as Sheldon
Kaley Cuoco as Penny
Simon Helberg as Howard
Kunal Nayyar as Rajnesh

Pieceworks Could you imagine the variants with the Vintage Shirts and the Costumes they wear..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A VERY expensive set I would kill for is

BUFFY/ANGEL LOVE CONNECTIONS
The 9 card puzzle could have the pictures of the main casts from buffy/angel with lines to the ones they were in love with..

The autographs would be titled "LOVE TRIANGLE" and all be triple autos including

Buffy/Angel/Darla
Buffy/Angel/Cordi
Angel/Buffy/Spike
Buffy/Spike/Dru
Oz/Willow/Tara
Tara/Willow/Kennedy
xander/cordi/angel

ones that are not really triangles but one time flings
Jenny/Giles/Joyce
xander/faith/principle wood

And even Quad autos
Willow -Tara/Oz/Kennedy
Angel -Darla/Buffy/Cordi

posted Hide Post
I know this idea would have tanked in the past -- reference the Outer Limits Sex &... set, but now that there are so many celeb auto's being thrown into non-traditional products, maybe it's time for a

Masters of Horror set.

Imagine... it comes with gum, so it could be recalled at any time due to melamine or bad flour or milk, and if not opened quickly enough the gum could stick to an auto card and pull a big chunk of the ink off. True horror... --Chris

Posts: 423 | Location: Heaven (Barrie, Ontario, Canada) | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Alien 30th Anniversary.

Sets have already been done on Alien, Alien3 and Alien Legacy. Surprisingly Aliens, which was arguably the best one, did not produce any cards. Alien was done in 1979 and is what you'd expect from that period. Alien3 is just an ugly looking set released in 1992. Legacy from 1998 has good photography, but limited inserts of no real value.

I'd like to see a new set that covers all four movies with autograph cards from the major cast members, pieceworks and sketch cards. Both AVP movies generated card sets that were better than the films. Why not make a set using today's standards that would be worthy of the original series? Drool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Since I've just started in this hobby, I had a look around at what I might collect, and was surprised that I couldn't find anything on 'The Princess Bride' It's one of my all time favourite movies' Luv You.
Does anybody know if they made a set?
If not I think they could make a great looking set these days, especially with the aniversary of it now Thumb Up.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
View Askewinverse (Clerks, Clerks Cartoon, Clerks II, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogman, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back) would be very cool.

I'd also say public reception be damned and "finish" off TV shows that were started and never continued. I'm looking right at YOU SOPRANOS!

In the same vein, a Godfather Saga would be nice, cut sigs of Brando, Puzzo, Cazale (Fredo), and others along with Pacino, DeNiro, Garcia, Keaton, Duvall, Caan, etc as major signers.

For kid oriented properties, I think Disney would be wise to put out a full scope Jim Henson's Muppets series, running the whole gamut of Muppet properties, from Sam & Friends (Henson's local DC area puppet show in the late 50s, featuring the first appearance of a character named "Kermit") to the most recent Muppet project.

A neat signature set that would provide would be duals (or more depending on the character) of various puppeteers of the characters.

An example would be Kermit The Frog, where you have a Henson cut signature and a signature of Kermit's current puppeteer, Steve Whitmire.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by damien:
THE DARK KNIGHT
it had to be said
please continue with the mock-up cards

As long as we are being "completists" how about someone take the design of Topps non-sports cards of the mid-80s and just crank out a Superman IV The Quest For Peace bare bones set just to "complete" the original run of Reeves/Kidder/Hackman Supes movies.

Granted the movie sucked as bad as any heavy handed, self-indulgent piece of turd could, but still not having it leaves quite a hole in Superman collectibles between III and Superman Returns.

Also, speaking of DC, some nice small bare bone sets, or a set, could be produced for the recent run of Animated Direct to DVD releases, Superman Doomsday, Justice League New Frontier, and Batman Gotham Knight.

Posts: 24 | Location: New York City | Registered: September 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post