Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
What set would YOU release?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1821030982

May 04, 2009, 07:50 PM
archifou
What set would YOU release?
quote:
Darn it! You beat me to the punch! Grrrrrr!

mintoncard we can have a mock up each from our design view perspective on this wish list card set :-)
May 05, 2009, 12:14 AM
mintoncard
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Darn it! You beat me to the punch! Grrrrrr!

mintoncard we can have a mock up each from our design view perspective on this wish list card set :-)

Sounds good to me! Thumb Up
May 07, 2009, 12:09 PM
archifou
I update page 8 with some news cards for Jaws (base set)
May 07, 2009, 06:31 PM
Redemption
quote:
I update page 8 with some news cards for Jaws (base set)

Very nice... you really want a Jaws set! Big Grin

May 07, 2009, 09:04 PM
archifou
quote:
Very nice... you really want a Jaws set

Yes Redemption :-)

You got the money to buy the license?
If so, then I can create the set and share profite with you ok?
May 07, 2009, 09:10 PM
mintoncard
I wonder who DOES hold the Jaws license.

Spielberg?

Universal Studios?

Once we find that out, then we can get a price!
May 07, 2009, 09:38 PM
jenchuan
Mad Max/Road Warrior

May 07, 2009, 09:58 PM
archifou
quote:
Universal Studios

It is Universal Studios mintoncard.

You want to join the boat ;-)
May 07, 2009, 10:22 PM
mintoncard
quote:
quote:
Universal Studios

It is Universal Studios mintoncard.

You want to join the boat ;-)

We're going to need a bigger boat.
June 01, 2009, 06:22 PM
mintoncard

Before all the actors are no longer able to sign, I would love for a company (Cough-Breygent-Cough) to do a wonderful card set for the Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Above is my MOCK-UP for a Gene Wilder Autograph card. At first I wanted to be clever and have the wrapper peeling away, or a bit of candy bar on the edges... but ultimately I kept it simple in the same way as the graphics in the original film were.

June 02, 2009, 06:21 AM
ScottSummers
Askewniverse cards.

Dual costume cards of Jay and silent Bob, and you'd have plenty of stars to sign:

Joey Lauren Adams, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Claire Forlani, Jason Lee, Jeremy London.

Who here wouldn't want a prop card of Buddy Christ?!?! A piece of the Quick Stop sign? Or part of the Mooby Logo?

I didn't read all 9 pages of threads, so forgive me if someone did this already.
June 02, 2009, 02:11 PM
Miss Lizzy
quote:
Originally posted by ScottSummers:
Askewniverse cards.

Dual costume cards of Jay and silent Bob, and you'd have plenty of stars to sign:

Joey Lauren Adams, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Claire Forlani, Jason Lee, Jeremy London.

Who here wouldn't want a prop card of Buddy Christ?!?! A piece of the Quick Stop sign? Or part of the Mooby Logo?

I didn't read all 9 pages of threads, so forgive me if someone did this already.

I'd buy those!! Big Grin
That is a great idea!

June 02, 2009, 05:34 PM
RP01
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...) Anyway, I'd love to see a Fawlty Towers card set. Autographs would be fantastic, with all the main cast still alive and well, and of course, John Cleese has proven he is not averse to signing trading cards. And the series has international appeal...so I'm sure it would sell. In fact I think the only problem would be wrangling a deal with the BBC. So do what do you think........Strictly Ink?
June 02, 2009, 10:53 PM
mintoncard
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...) Anyway, I'd love to see a Fawlty Towers card set. Autographs would be fantastic, with all the main cast still alive and well, and of course, John Cleese has proven he is not averse to signing trading cards. And the series has international appeal...so I'm sure it would sell. In fact I think the only problem would be wrangling a deal with the BBC. So do what do you think........Strictly Ink?

I believe that a Monty Python set was released. (Some consider that a comedy. Wink )
June 02, 2009, 10:58 PM
Mister E.
Blake's 7, The Vicar of Dibley, Torchwood, The Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith (with a K9 card).

June 02, 2009, 11:28 PM
Hoosier
Other than the overly expensive box of Buffy Masterpieces Incarnadine suggested earlier, I'd like to make these suggestions:

Bones, NCIS and Back to the Future sets.
June 03, 2009, 05:08 AM
Tamara
Cleopatra "Queen of De-Nial" and Alexander the Great (aka Lex Luthor). The most photogenic pugs on planet earth...........I can provide much pug hair for DNA cards............

June 03, 2009, 05:13 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Torchwood, The Adventures of Sarah Jane Smith (with a K9 card).

I'm sure that had the Dr who cards got started the might have been a chance of these
June 03, 2009, 07:02 AM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by RP01:
I'm not sure whether comedy series tend to go down well with card collectors, (in fact I can't even name one comedy series that has a card set...)

They used to be quite common... Mash, Good Times, Alf, Happy Days, Three's Company, etc.

June 03, 2009, 07:04 AM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:

Before all the actors are no longer able to sign, I would love for a company (Cough-Breygent-Cough) to do a wonderful card set for the Original Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Above is my MOCK-UP for a Gene Wilder Autograph card. At first I wanted to be clever and have the wrapper peeling away, or a bit of candy bar on the edges... but ultimately I kept it simple in the same way as the graphics in the original film were.

Thumb Up

It'd be sweet to have one of the original to wipe away memories of that creepy Depp masacre of a great movie. Roll Eyes