Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
ridiculous = A large sum of money - I would pay you well.


OK then we are in business Smile
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by archifou:
Another great movie that will not have cards :-(
Note: This is a mock up and not an actual product from Topps ;-)



I wish this was a real set, it would be stunning. Archifou your cards are amazing.

____________________
Kelly Kelly! So nice they named her twice!
 
Posts: 453 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Here is my wish list: -

Caprica
Initial D
Labyrinth
Pirates of the Caribbean
Smallville (Seasons 7 - 10)
The Dark Crystal
The Muppets
The Princess Bride
Tron Legacy
Usagi Yojimbo
V

I love Ryan's idea about the Jim Hensen card set.

TTFN

____________________
Kelly Kelly! So nice they named her twice!
 
Posts: 453 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Another great movie that will not have cards :-(
Note: This is a mock up and not an actual product from Topps ;-)



Don't have the time to create a full set but wish you all Merry Christmas and lots of cards Smile


Wow... Great looking Design! Thumb Up

____________________
"When you are out numbered and the situation is hopeless, you have no option... You Must Attack!"
 
Posts: 1594 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
The Shows of Stephen J. Cannell (autograph per pack)


I actually asked 5FINITY about doing a Classic A-Team set after posting about it on my blog. . .

They had already approached Cannell about it at the time they did Greatest American Hero, but Cannell wasn't interested.

Sadly now that Cannell has passed I fear this is even less likely to happen.

Jon
 
Posts: 4587 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I wish Disney would allow a company to do sets for their movies. I dont understand how a movie like Tron or the Pirate movies dont have sets out, Disney puts out toys, school supplies, and everything else for their movies but do cards. I would have liked to see a Tangled set as well even if it is just cards like the Toy Story set this year it would be nice. With Marvel, The Muppets, Toon Disney, and everything else they own you would think card sets would be easy to get made. Upper Deck did some nice sets for them like the Disneyland 50th set then Disney seemed to move toward Topps and then just drop eveything. archifou maybe you can show them what a Pirates sets could look like, since the Tron you did looks so great.
Just makes me sad that I cant buy cards for the movies I love.

____________________
Ok 1 more pack then I'am done...no really..wait how many are left in that box?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
 
Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just makes me sad that I cant buy cards for the movies I love.


Me too.

Pirates is on my list but I don't have time to create anymore mock up since I am doing real cards now Smile
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I wish Disney would allow a company to do sets for their movies. I dont understand how a movie like Tron or the Pirate movies dont have sets out, Disney puts out toys, school supplies, and everything else for their movies but do cards. I would have liked to see a Tangled set as well even if it is just cards like the Toy Story set this year it would be nice. With Marvel, The Muppets, Toon Disney, and everything else they own you would think card sets would be easy to get made. Upper Deck did some nice sets for them like the Disneyland 50th set then Disney seemed to move toward Topps and then just drop eveything. archifou maybe you can show them what a Pirates sets could look like, since the Tron you did looks so great.
Just makes me sad that I cant buy cards for the movies I love.

I wish they'd do more a la Disney Treasures, but include autographs from the voice actors.
 
Posts: 1337 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I wish Disney would allow a company to do sets for their movies. I dont understand how a movie like Tron or the Pirate movies dont have sets out, Disney puts out toys, school supplies, and everything else for their movies but do cards.<snip>.
Just makes me sad that I cant buy cards for the movies I love.


Several years back I asked Allan Caplan with Inkworks about the Pirates license, and he said they had come to him looking to have a set made for the original movie. But they wouldn't provide screen worn costumes or guarantee any of the main characters would sign and Allan passed on the set. Might not have been a smart move, but 8 months prior to the movie and not having Pieceworks or a good shot at autographs I'm sure it seemed like the way to go.

And Ted, YES more Disney Treasures sets. Those were first class sets even with the terrible odds on getting a sketch card.
Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4728 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of jane
posted Hide Post
I was told by Rittenhouse that they've tried and tried to get the Fringe license, but Warner Bros. isn't doing any licenses at all right now. I just don't understand that. They'd get paid money for the license, the card company would have to do all the legwork, or most of it, getting image approvals with the actors/agents/managers and cards are basically FREE advertising for a TV show or movie. At least I think that's how it works. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it seems like a win/win situation with the studios to me. I'd be happy with a Fringe or a V set without autographs/costume cards(Not for $65-$70 a box), but they could offer a boxed set like Twin Peaks did back in the 90's.

____________________
Anne Welles - "You've got to climb Mount Everest to reach the Valley of the Dolls."

http://www.sketchcollectors.co...lery.php?user_id=180
 
Posts: 3016 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My card set would be INTERVEIW WITH THE VAMPIRE
100 CARD SET
4-3D cards (Drink From Me And Live Forever
9 Foil Cards (The Vampire Lestat)
5 Holograms (Loui's Compassion)
Autographs*Rare
Tom Cruise*
Brad Pitt*
Stephen Rea*
Christian Slater*
Anne Rice*
Kirsten Dunst*
Duel Autographs**Super Rare
Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt**
Antonio Banderas/Kirsten Dunst**
Anne Rice/Christian Slater**

This would be a super cool set.
Any comments, input or your own version would be cool.
 
Posts: 58 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
skywalker,why as Antonio Banderas signed a duel but not a single ? Confused lol
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Your right he should have a single Autograph or just cut the duel Auto in half.
 
Posts: 58 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of wvfan
posted Hide Post
one set would be fringe and it have autos and pieceworks from all the main cast espically nimoy

My other would be a cult movie classic set where the be autos and cut auto and piecework cards of these movies i love sketch cards but not for this one here some of the movies

The Crow Brandon Lee cut sig 1/1
The dark Knight Ledgar Cut Sig 1/1
other autos from Dark Knight
The outsiders
Blade runner ford sigs 1/100
Ghost Busters
Police Acamedey
Caddy Shack Roddy d cut sig 1/1
and others and i do notable actors and behind the scenes auto of peopple like
Frank Oz
Cut auto Jim Hension 1/1
Josh Brolin
and so on

____________________
Collecting Strickly Ink Dr Who autographs and sets. I have traded with bwilson ,BillyZee,STCardGeek,
 
Posts: 130 | Location: petersburg WV | Registered: December 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
The Shows of Stephen J. Cannell (autograph per pack)


I actually asked 5FINITY about doing a Classic A-Team set after posting about it on my blog. . .

They had already approached Cannell about it at the time they did Greatest American Hero, but Cannell wasn't interested.

Sadly now that Cannell has passed I fear this is even less likely to happen.

Jon

Sadly, there may be more chance of this set now the decisions are in the hands of his estate.
 
Posts: 3754 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skywalker007:
My card set would be INTERVEIW WITH THE VAMPIRE
100 CARD SET
4-3D cards (Drink From Me And Live Forever)
9 Foil Cards (The Vampire Lestat)
5 Holograms (Loui's Compassion)
Autographs*Rare Tom Cruise*
Brad Pitt*
Stephen Rea*
Christian Slater*
Anne Rice*
Kirsten Dunst*
Antonio Banderas*
Duel Autographs**Super Rare
Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt**
Antonio Banderas/Kirsten Dunst**
Anne Rice/Christian Slater**

This would be a super cool set.
Any comments, input or your own version would be cool.
 
Posts: 58 | Location: Roseville, Michigan | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Skywalker,i ed like to see a Thandie Newton auto and if possible Laure Marsac who was the victim girl on stage.
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Think I said before,i ed like to see an Alien movies set (even though it's been done) the autographs from the 4 movies would be pretty impressive and also I really want the Tom Skerritt (cpt Dallas)auto card.
 
Posts: 1203 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
Think I said before,i ed like to see an Alien movies set (even though it's been done) the autographs from the 4 movies would be pretty impressive and also I really want the Tom Skerritt (cpt Dallas)auto card.


None of the previous sets for the Alien films contained anything like what non-spot cards offer now. No autographs, no costumes, no props and no sketches, so it would be a totally new set if it were manufactured by today's standards.

Also all seven of the actors from the original 1979 film are living. John Hurt, Veronica Cartwright, Ian Holm, and Yaphet Kotto have signed certified cards in other sets. Tom Skerrit, Sigourney Weaver and Harry Dean Stanton have not as far as I know. I would settle for that one film alone, but if you combined members from the other impressive casts it would be a remarkable product.

I don't expect it to happen, I think Fox still has the license.
 
Posts: 8059 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I was told by Rittenhouse that they've tried and tried to get the Fringe license, but Warner Bros. isn't doing any licenses at all right now. I just don't understand that. They'd get paid money for the license, the card company would have to do all the legwork, or most of it, getting image approvals with the actors/agents/managers and cards are basically FREE advertising for a TV show or movie. At least I think that's how it works. Perhaps someone can correct me if I'm mistaken, but it seems like a win/win situation with the studios to me. I'd be happy with a Fringe or a V set without autographs/costume cards(Not for $65-$70 a box), but they could offer a boxed set like Twin Peaks did back in the 90's.


I agree 100% with you. As a major Fringe fan, I think it would make a perfect set. John Noble already signed for Lord of the Rings, and I would think the others would sign as well. I know WB is tight with their licenses, but someone has to get through to them that Fringe is a viable property! I mean, Fox moved the show to the "dreaded" Friday night, and the numbers held up.

Hmmm... I bet in the alternate universe there are Fringe cards. Now, if only I can get over there, I could bring some cases back! I'll work on it.
 
Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32 
 

Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?

© Non-Sport Update 2013