Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What set would YOU release?
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 33
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What set would YOU release?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I'd go for a Burn Notice set or Vampire Diaries, since there's no more Supernatural Frown

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
I'd go for a Burn Notice set

Would have to agree there - don't know if the market would be big enough but it would be good Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Anybody want to do a mock-up?

I will pass my turn today. Not very happy with Topps right now :-(

Since the Clash of the Titans set never existed, it could be mocked up in the early 1980's Donruss or Fleer style, so Topps wouldn't enter the equation that way.

I always liked the Donruss Dark Crystal set with the rounded corners, and that design would look good on a retro Clash set but with red or maybe gold borders for Clash instead of the purplish ones used for Dark Crystal. (I would like a "Labyrinth" and "Time Bandits" in that same style, with different color borders for each, probably white for "Labyrinth") .

Also the 1980 "Flash" movie (music by Queen) never had a set, so that can be rendered in a style other than how Topps would have done it. (Although I have to admit a Topps sticker of Max Von Sydow as Ming the Merciless, scored of course, would be pretty amazing.)

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
These maybe out there but one set I would like to see is a BBC set using all th talent from past programs like midsummer murders, poirot and the likes. Also has there been any talk about eureka? And how about a Stven King set using actors from the mini series and movies?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
These maybe out there but one set I would like to see is a BBC set using all th talent from past programs like midsummer murders, poirot and the likes.
You need to suggest that to the commercial channel ITV as they made the programmes you mentioned not the BBC.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Anybody want to do a mock-up?

I will pass my turn today. Not very happy with Topps right now :-(

Since the Clash of the Titans set never existed, it could be mocked up in the early 1980's Donruss or Fleer style, so Topps wouldn't enter the equation that way.

Also the 1980 "Flash" movie (music by Queen) never had a set, so that can be rendered in a style other than how Topps would have done it. (Although I have to admit a Topps sticker of Max Von Sydow as Ming the Merciless, scored of course, would be pretty amazing.)

i ve got a donruss sticker of max von sydow but it's from dune Big Grin

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
How about a MATRIX set that covers all movies as well as the Anamatrix. Just a thought.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kane1
posted Hide Post
Marvel Zombies

Posts: 242 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
Would love a Resident Evil set with autograph cards from all previous movies and the new Afterlife 3D one!
Milla Jovovich
Ali Larter
Michelle Rodriguez
Wentworth Miller n more!

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd like a set based on video games. Lots of great sketches could be done

Soul Calibur

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger

Bayonetta

Nariko

Bloodrayne

Lara Croft

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:

Hey Chuck, from those sketches, I'm sensing you have a particular theme in mind. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a Dead Like Me set, if they could get Mandy Patinkin, Jasmine Guy, Ellen Muth and Cynthia Stevenson to sign... Laura Harris signed for SG Atlantis; but I would not turn that down.

I'd also love to see a Psych set. Shawn and Gus rock. Maggie Lawson is great, and there have been a bunch of great guests like Gina Gershon, Tim Curry, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Judd Nelson.

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
I'd also love to see a Psych set. Shawn and Gus rock. Maggie Lawson is great, and there have been a bunch of great guests like Gina Gershon, Tim Curry, Rachael Leigh Cook, and Judd Nelson.

My favorite guest spot was Freddy Prinze Jr as the closet geek. Very funny stuff.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Hey Chuck, from those sketches, I'm sensing you have a particular theme in mind. Big Grin

you mean the various weapons Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

you mean the various weapons Big Grin

Yeah, how 'bout them weapons. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
Chuck:

Factory Entertainment now have the rights to the Streetfighter games and will hopefully do something with sketch cards.

Some wise soul should release a Sherlock Holmes set, and possibly a War of the Worlds set.. then again I am biased.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:

My favorite guest spot was Freddy Prinze Jr as the closet geek. Very funny stuff.

Agreed. Just re-watched that one recently. I love how he only has asthma when he is in geek mode.

Just also thought about Lou Diamond Philips as the treasury agent. "If I had learned how to laugh as a child, I am sure I would do it now."

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
Just thought of another one: Castle...

Both Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic seem fairly fan-friendly. Both have signed for other sets, but I'm thinking a dual auto would be nice. Plus, Castle's mom and daught on a dual auto, maybe?

There could also be some good relic cards like pieces of Castle book standees, or pieces of the evidence board, etc.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Castle would be an excellent set- Psych too

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
I just saw the series premiere of the new hawaii 5-0 and it was really good a set would be great.....

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post