Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Inkworks Scooby Doo : Mysteries & Monsters
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Scooby Doo : Mysteries & Monsters
 Login/Join

posted
I'm trying to complete my personal collection of this series and have all the autos of the gang and sketches of Shaggy , Velma ,Daphne ,and Scooby . Now I have seen sketches of a few villians here and there which I have yet to get lucky enough to win . But I have always wondered if Fred had any sketches made ? He'd be my last of the gang I'd need as a sketch . Any help would be great or if anyone has one they'd be willing to sell , just let me know .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On worthpoint I was able to find old listings of 2 Fred sketches:

Christine Norrie:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...d-fred-sketch-card-8

John Strangeland:

http://www.worthpoint.com/wort...t-1-sketch-153306282

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh very nice . Thank you for that help . I really only check ebay for any of my stuff and have never seen one listed . Would you happen to know anyone who has one currently ? I just need any of the villians and Fred.

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I don't.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those were a couple of nice Freds that Logan found!

I have at least one because I was collecting the whole gang, too. I also wanted to get the whole gang by Chynna Clugston and I either did that or am very close.

As for rarity, certainly the majority of the sketch cards show Scooby and Shaggy, but there were a goodly number drawn of Fred, as well, plenty of Velmas and Daphnes, too. I've sold or traded a few Freds myself. The villains are a little tougher. While most of the artists drew all of the members of the Scooby gang, there's a good chance only a couple of them drew villains. I have a nice combo of Shaggy AND a villain on the same card and its one of my favorites. I'll scan my collection and show it here.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Were the sketches/autographs guaranteed for each box or were they pretty scarce?

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chris meeks:
Were the sketches/autographs guaranteed for each box or were they pretty scarce?

According to Jeff Allender's site autographs were 1:62 hobby packs and sketches were 1:85 hobby packs.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Check the "Breakdowns" thread for this set and there should be some pretty detailed information.
By the 12 box case, you would usually get 3 or 4 sketches and 5 or 6 autographs. The problem was that at least three and sometime four boxes in each case usually had NEITHER and two of the boxes had BOTH.

Basically, by buying a loose box of this, you've got approximately:

a 17% chance of getting a sketch AND an autograph Clap
a 50-59% chance of getting a sketch OR autograph Smile
a 25-33% chance of getting NO sketch or autograph Frown

The boxes still out there are pretty cheap, but they can't last forever. If sketches and autographs are your reason for buying, make sure you're getting the hobby version. It comes in the Inkworks "cigar" box style with the packs laying flat, not the usual two vertical stack of packs boxes in the style of most of their sets. If you see that style box for Scooby M&M, that's the retail version that has no sketches or autographs.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are some of mine. I actually have to check to make sure I still have all of these, I did a lot of trading. I had a Tone Rodriguez Daphne I wish I hadn't traded, but I got something nice for it. This one has the Shaggy with the Clown villain

This one has most of the gang by Clugston (then Clugston-Major) and some cool ones by Crosland. Two Freds here, both in a sort of anime style. I know I wanted to get him in a more traditional style and I think I did. I'll scan that too, if so. There's also a villain in the center.

posted Hide Post
retail didn't have either sketch or auto. But a case of 12 boxes of hobby had 8 boxes with something where as 4 boxes were duds . But I did end up pulling out some extras in some boxes I bought . I had already gone through my boxes and had either found an auto or sketch and figured that there wasn't anything left . So I just went through the rest of the packs to separate inserts and oddly found more sketches or autos . But generally it's 1 per hobby box . I'd love to add a Fred to my collection .

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are very nice chesspieceface! Thumb Up I especially like the ones with villains.

posted Hide Post
If I can figure out how to post pics on here , I'll show you the cards I have so far .

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IbDaToNeGuY:
If I can figure out how to post pics on here , I'll show you the cards I have so far .

You can't post directly to the forum. You have to have the image on another page or gallery already, then enter the "Image URL" near the right of the button bar in the Reply box.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's not card related , but figured some of you might like this . This is one of my newest mask sculpts that I decided to make since I'm a huge Scooby Doo fan . I'm also gonna be making another villain sometime soon .

https://www.facebook.com/photo...74225&type=1&theater

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice work and an excellent likeness from the show! What size is it?

Maybe you can make a smaller head of the scheming developer (usually) that was wearing the disguise to scare people off the land in the first place. When you reveal the human, albeit cartoonish, face inside, it makes for the perfect opportunity to say, "And I've have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

Scooby-Doo and the X-Files are essentially the same show, but I much prefer Scooby-Doo Mysteries, since they made it clear that absolutely nothing supernatural is the real thing for I also want to believe, but only that which can be proven.

posted Hide Post
Well with this guy , I'm planning on building a full sized to display him . Head is 24 1/2 inches . My next villain will be the theme park robot .

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, much bigger that I thought. Good stuff! Please do show the Robot here once you have that done.

posted Hide Post
Yeah I make full sized Halloween masks for a living . I'm working on the Robot , but it's a little hard as there's not many pics of him that show all around the head . So I may have to pop in my DVD and take some screen caps and go from there . But I'll post some pics when he's done Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I concur.
Lots of dud boxes.
I have bought both loose boxes & cases.
I was opening packs till I got a hit, then putting the extra packs aside.

Someone contacted me about a year ago asking (on behalf of a sick child in the hospital) for all my extra loose packs, which I gladly mailed them. I never got a response if they hit any sketches or autographs. -- So I can't really say how many boxes have 'double hits.'

Speaking of villains:
I bought this for $50 when the series first came out --

Then traded it a year later.
So villians are out there ...
Good luck!

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh wow , that's a very nice sketch . I actually bought one of theme park robot and just bought one of a Dracula . Still needing to find a good one of Fred but the one on ebay , I'm not too crazy about . Oh and need a sketch of The Creeper Smile