Inkworks Scooby Doo : Mysteries & Monsters

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1777031136

July 10, 2013, 04:19 PM
chesspieceface
Inkworks Scooby Doo : Mysteries & Monsters
Like this one?

Or this one?

They aren't mine, I wish they were. These have to be two of the cooler Freds out there. I did just pick up this one from Crosland, but forgot that I had traded away the matching Daphne from Dave in the same style. Do'h! (I mean Zoinks!).
Still, a pretty nice card, but they would've made an even better pair.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

July 10, 2013, 04:40 PM
chesspieceface
For anyone who hasn't seen it, the Inkworks page for this set is still up, and it has artist information and 32 sample sketch cards from the set, 4 from each artist including some pretty nice variations.

http://www.inkworkscards.com/p...tch/sdmmsketcha.html

July 10, 2013, 04:49 PM
chesspieceface
And finally, as seen on that page, here is a nice Daphne by Tone Rodriguez. A great card, a little less cartoon-y than most of the others the artist drew.

I found one very similar to this in a pack and posted a picture of it here, a few years ago. I was asked to trade it, and knowing there was at least one more similar to it, I agreed.

Over time though, I wished I hadn't, and it ultimately became one of the only sketch cards I've ever parted with that I ended up lamenting having done so. So I was decidedly pleased to see a third version of the card on Ebay last week and was delighted to have corrected my earlier mistake by picking up this one.

The seller also had some great villains cards, but you had to be quick on the draw for any of those, which sold instantly.

I did also get this nice double character card from Stangeland, though (and the Crosland Fred in my post above), so a nice haul, and all for well under the cost of two boxes at the original retail price.

July 10, 2013, 11:42 PM
IbDaToNeGuY
I have recently picked up on ebay the villain sketch of the theme park robot , Dracula , and just tonight bought one of some mud looking monster . Can't think of his name at the moment , but he's cool looking . I also liked the first 2 Freds you posted . Never saw that Dracula Fred before which is cool . There's one on ebay right now but not too crazy about the look , so I think I'll wait til a better one comes up . Mario Gulley did a nice Fred that you can see on the Inkworks page .