Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Collector Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Collector Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I don't follow. According to the rep at the D23 card hotline, there are only 12 packs to the first series. That would make 96 cards total not including the 3-D23 cards. So where does card #103 come in. I have 11 of the 12 packs so far which makes 88 cards and the D23 pack. The reps there don't seem to know what is actually happening. I also asked about the 2nd series and they said there will be one, but it is unknown when it will begin. Help...

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here is a list of the first 88 cards:

D23 Cards:
Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie
Mickey Mouse in Brave Little tailor
Mickey Mouse in The Band Concert

1st Series Pack #1:
Disney Magic Moments: Snow White
Disney Villains: Maleficent
Peter Pan (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Fantasia
Disney Concept Art: Dumbo
Bambi (numbered to 3,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Alice In Wonderland
Mickey Mouse in "Building a Building"

1st Series Pack #2:
Disney Magic Moments: Alice in Wonderland
Disney Villains: Snow White Queen
Hercules (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Pinocchio
Disney Concept Art: Lady and the Tramp
Peter Pan (numbered to 3,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Mickey Mouse in "Touchdown Mickey"

1st Series Pack #3:
Disney Magic Moments: Pinocchio
Disney Villains: Cruella DeVil
7 Dwarfs (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Sleeping Beauty
Disney Concept Art: Tinker Bell
Fantasia (numbered to 3,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Jungle Book
Mickey Mouse in "Ye Olden Days"

1st Series Pack #4:
Disney Magic Moments: Fantasia
Disney Villains: Captain Hook
Snow White Dragon (cel)
Behind the Scenes : Snow White
Disney Concept Art: Cinderella
101 Dalmatians (numbered to 2,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Lady and the Tramp
Mickey Mouse in "The Whooph Party"

1st Series Pack #5:
Disney Magic Moments: Dumbo
Disney Villains: Kaa & Shere Khan
Pinocchio (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Cinderella
Disney Concept Art: Dopey
Lady and the Tramp (numbered to 2,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Sleeping Beauty
Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Revue"

1st Series Pack #6:
Disney Magic Moments: Bambi
Disney Villains: The Fox & The Cat
Cinderella (cel)
Behind the Scenes: The Jungle Book
Disney Concept Art: Fantasia
Cheshire Cat (numbered to 1,500)
Vintage Movie Posters: Peter Pan
Mickey Mouse in "The Mad Doctor"

1st Series Pack #7:
Disney Magic Moments: Sleeping Beauty
Disney Villains: Chernabog
Mad Hatter & Rabbit (cel)
Behind the Scenes: 101 Dalmatians
Disney Concept Art: Jungle Book
Snow White (numbered to 1,500)
Vintage Movie Posters: Dumbo
Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Nightmare"

1st Series Pack #8:
Disney Magic Moments: Peter Pan
Disney Villains: Lady Tremaine
Bambi & Thumper (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Alice in Wonderland
Disney Concept Art: Sleeping Beauty
Dumbo (numbered to 5,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Fantasia
Mickey Mouse in "Blue Rhythm"

1st Series Pack #9:
Disney Magic Moments: Cinderella
Disney Villains: Man-Fire
101 Dalmatians (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Lady and the Tramp
Disney Concept Art: Pinocchio & Geppetto
Sleeping Beauty (numbered to 5,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
Mickey Mouse in "Magician Mickey"

1st Series Pack #10:
Disney Magic Moments: Lady and the Tramp
Disney Villains: The Ringmaster from Dumbo
Baloo & Rhinos (cel)
Behind the Scenes: Bambi
Disney Concept Art: Alice (numbered to 5,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Cinderella
Mickey Mouse in "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip"

1st Series Pack #11:
Disney Magic Moments: The Jungle Book
Disney Villains: Queen of hearts
Lady Fighting the cats (cel)
Behind the Scenes: The Mouse from Dumbo
Disney Concept Art: 101 Dalmatians
Pinocchio (numbered to 5,000)
Vintage Movie Posters: Bambi
Mickey Mouse in "The Simple Things"

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Ok. I just spent 35 minutes on the phone with Justin (CS rep) and his supervisor (Joann) Justin told me pack 12 ships out in a few weeks. Joann said that the series ends with #88. So I said that's not possible, I am looking at card #103 and she said maybe it's not real. REALLY!!!!!????? So I left my phone number and asked for her supervisor to call me back with an answer. She said, About a week from now for a response. I am just lost. If you are going to sell a product, your CS reps should have information on it.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
It's so simple, yet so confusing. I spent 10 minutes last night explaining to my wife.

We have 88 cards, but yet to receive the 12 pack. That makes 96 cards.

The first 1000 D23 members to subscribe to the card collection got 97-99 first. In other words, the last 4 cards came first.

Supposedly if you're already a member now, you get 100-103. If you're new and getting the reprints, you get an extra card with your 8 per envelope. So eventually you'll have 100-103.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tattoox,

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi Wan Chrisobi:
The offer is only valid in the US, so Disney clearly isn't interested in my money. More for GOT then Razz

Is is typical. Companies don't want to pay higher license fees for international licenses, and/or deal with various shipping issues and costs.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
I never complained about missing the D23 cards because it took me 5 mins on ebay to find both set for $10 each, which is the same price as the packs are with shipping. I know it seems like Disney is trying to stop people from having a complete set, but how is this different then the way Topps does things or Rittenhouse and a limited autograph of only 200 or less?

The first set that was only for D23 members was limted and numbered to 3000 the new reprints for the common people in printed to 5000. cards 100-102 are limted to 2500 for D23 members and if you already had the others they are giving these cards to members for free.

This does mean that there are only 1000 packs of 97-99 so even the D23 are getting left out a little.

As far as Disney only caring about money Hello! It's Disney!

" Jenna Reed: You want to know where Coop is? Just look for the most heinous, vile, and horrible exploitation of children on the planet.

Robert Stack: Scenario Two: Coop went to Disney World. " BASEketball

Both sets? EDIT: Scratch that. I see what you're talking about. Don't brag about 5 minutes. I couldn't find any last month. And a fellow collector here has been looking for months. I don't know if they're worth the asking price of the set I see now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Sorry didn't mean to brag. I didn't even know about the cards before the 2nd. Of course I only rejoined d23 today. Have they done anything else like this?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Sorry didn't mean to brag. I didn't even know about the cards before the 2nd. Of course I only rejoined d23 today. Have they done anything else like this?

Since it's you Chris, all is forgiven. I don't know if they've done anything like this before. I heard about these last year, here or on facebook. Didn't know about the bonus cards until a month or two ago.

posted Hide Post
i checked ebay and could not find the chip and dale card. if anyone sees it, please post the link for me. thanks a lot.

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoopy351:
Would have bought these in a heartbeat if it weren't for missing out on the exclusive DC cards - my daughter loves Chip and Dale, too. :<(

I received my cards the other day. I'm not a D23 member, but I got the numbered Chip & Dale card, along with Pack #1. So I think if you place an order, you'll get the card, too. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Would have bought these in a heartbeat if it weren't for missing out on the exclusive DC cards - my daughter loves Chip and Dale, too. :<(

I received my cards the other day. I'm not a D23 member, but I got the numbered Chip & Dale card, along with Pack #1. So I think if you place an order, you'll get the card, too. Smile

I also got the Chip n Dale, a nice surprise. These cards are beautiful!

I would like to get those bonus 3 cards that you get if you sign up as a member of the D23 club. I'm considering cancelling this card subscription, and then starting it up from scratch again, but as a D23 member, now that I've seen them and will collect the whole set.

There appears to be the Silver Membership to D23 for $34.99 which would enable you to get them, as long as the bonus packs haven't run out. It that the kind of membership those in the D23 club on the board have, or did any of you go for the gold membership? The only difference seems to be that the gold version includes a year subscription to the quarterly magazine, but it costs a good deal more.

Does anyone know if the new bonus packs have run out yet?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I believe all existing members of the card series will get it and new membera of the second printing. It may be limited, but not as bad as the three from the first printing.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This whole thing doesn't make sense. I was on the phone today with one of their people (cast members). Said you have to be a D23 member to get the 3 pack, yet you got one of those 3 cards just for starting. They didn't know how much a membership cost. Said that the second edition was left over product. And THERE WILL BE A SECOND SERIES. Also, that there is no info when my 12th and final pack will be sent, but I would get an email to sign up for the second series.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post

Here are the 3 cards I received from the D23 membership. The rep told me that some people get cards 100, 101 & 102 and some will get 101, 102 & 103. I honestly believe that some of the reps are really not sure whether they actually know what is going on. I was also told that packs 12 & 13 are being released soon. I do not have the Chip & Dale card #103. It would really stink to collect this whole series and be missing 1 card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I spoke with a rep and then a supervisor. On the phone for over 42 minutes. The supervisor will call me tomorrow, because she did not know anything about the Chip and Dale card. She joined me here to look at the card. I explained all the issues we have been having, especially us completests.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Over the last few weeks, I have spoken to 7 different reps and each one has a different explanation. I even spot to 2 supervisors. No one seems to know how these are actually distributed. I also voiced my concerns about not being able to complete this set without that one card. I have spent just over $100 so far on these packs. I hope they will be able to decipher this mess.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think part of the problem is that nobody involved is on our side of the product. They probably aren't fanatical card collectors and don't understand how we see things. They're just making something to put a price tag on.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They're quick enough about letting you cancel, which I just did over the phone after receiving the first 3 packs (and the bonus Chip n Dale card with the first pack.)

The cards are worth the money, but I'm likely going to get the D23 membership and re-up so I can get that 2nd series bonus pack which is the only reason I cancelled. I can't see buying this whole set without getting those. I just have to make sure they still have those in stock before getting the d23 membership and re-subscribing, which may be easier said than done.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone get pack #12 yet? I was charged the other day but haven't gotten them yet... and I know they were planning to send them out this June.

Also, any updates on how Day-1 subscribers can get card #103? I never got it either but I have EVERY card otherwise! Kinda ticks me off...

Ethan

Posts: 37 | Location: Orlando | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I got an email a few weeks ago stating it would arrive around the 20th. Still nothing. Sent second email asking what is up; since they took my money already. Todays email I added the question about #103, and stated I didn't get a call back that I was promised from a supervisor.