Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Collector Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Collector Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
OK. If I thought I was confused before, I am totally confused even more now. I have updated the card list to date. I received 2 packs today. #12 & #13. Pack #12 had cards 89 to 96. Pack #13 had 104-110 and 176. Yes, that's correct. So I have all the cards on the list except #103 because it wasn't in pack 12 and it wasn't in the 2nd D23 pack. I called the phone number on the website, and they can't answer my question why I got #176 and no #103. Any ideas???

1st Series Pack #1:

1-Disney Magic Moments: Snow White
2-Disney Villains: Maleficent
3-Peter Pan (cel)
4-Behind the Scenes: Fantasia
5-Disney Concept Art: Dumbo
6-Bambi (numbered to 3,000)
7-Vintage Movie Posters: Alice In Wonderland
8-Mickey Mouse in "Building a Building"

1st Series Pack #2:

9-Disney Magic Moments: Alice in Wonderland
10-Disney Villains: Snow White Queen
11-Hercules (cel)
12-Behind the Scenes: Pinocchio
13-Disney Concept Art: Lady and the Tramp
14-Peter Pan (numbered to 3,000)
15-Vintage Movie Posters: One Hundred and One Dalmatians
16-Mickey Mouse in "Touchdown Mickey"

1st Series Pack #3:

17-Disney Magic Moments: Pinocchio
18-Disney Villains: Cruella DeVil
19-7 Dwarfs (cel)
20-Behind the Scenes: Sleeping Beauty
21-Disney Concept Art: Tinker Bell
22-Fantasia (numbered to 3,000)
23-Vintage Movie Posters: Jungle Book
24-Mickey Mouse in "Ye Olden Days"

1st Series Pack #4:

25-Disney Magic Moments: Fantasia
26-Disney Villains: Captain Hook
27-Snow White Dragon (cel)
28-Behind the Scenes : Snow White
29-Disney Concept Art: Cinderella
30-101 Dalmatians (numbered to 2,000)
31-Vintage Movie Posters: Lady and the Tramp
32-Mickey Mouse in "The Whooph Party"

1st Series Pack #5:

33-Disney Magic Moments: Dumbo
34-Disney Villains: Kaa & Shere Khan
35-Pinocchio (cel)
36-Behind the Scenes: Cinderella
37-Disney Concept Art: Dopey
38-Lady and the Tramp (numbered to 2,000)
39-Vintage Movie Posters: Sleeping Beauty
40-Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Revue"

1st Series Pack #6:

41-Disney Magic Moments: Bambi
42-Disney Villains: The Fox & The Cat
43-Cinderella (cel)
44-Behind the Scenes: The Jungle Book
45-Disney Concept Art: Fantasia
46-Cheshire Cat (numbered to 1,500)
47-Vintage Movie Posters: Peter Pan
48-Mickey Mouse in "The Mad Doctor"

1st Series Pack #7:

49-Disney Magic Moments: Sleeping Beauty
50-Disney Villains: Chernabog
51-Mad Hatter & Rabbit (cel)
52-Behind the Scenes: 101 Dalmatians
53-Disney Concept Art: Jungle Book
54-Snow White (numbered to 1,500)
55-Vintage Movie Posters: Dumbo
56-Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Nightmare"

1st Series Pack #8:

57-Disney Magic Moments: Peter Pan
58-Disney Villains: Lady Tremaine
59-Bambi & Thumper (cel)
60-Behind the Scenes: Alice in Wonderland
61-Disney Concept Art: Sleeping Beauty
62-Dumbo (numbered to 5,000)
63-Vintage Movie Posters: Fantasia
64-Mickey Mouse in "Blue Rhythm"

1st Series Pack #9:

65-Disney Magic Moments: Cinderella
66-Disney Villains: Man-Fire
67-101 Dalmatians (cel)
68-Behind the Scenes: Lady and the Tramp
69-Disney Concept Art: Pinocchio & Geppetto
70-Sleeping Beauty (numbered to 5,000)
71-Vintage Movie Posters: Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs
72-Mickey Mouse in "Magician Mickey"

1st Series Pack #10:

73-Disney Magic Moments: Lady and the Tramp
74-Disney Villains: The Ringmaster from Dumbo
75-Baloo & Rhinos (cel)
76-Behind the Scenes: Bambi
77-Disney Concept Art: Alice (numbered to 5,000)
78-The Jungle Book (numbered to 5,000)
79-Vintage Movie Posters: Cinderella
80-Mickey Mouse in "Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip"

1st Series Pack #11:

81-Disney Magic Moments: The Jungle Book
82-Disney Villains: Queen of hearts
83-Lady Fighting the cats (cel)
84-Behind the Scenes: The Mouse from Dumbo
85-Disney Concept Art: 101 Dalmatians
86-Pinocchio (numbered to 5,000)
87-Vintage Movie Posters: Bambi
88-Mickey Mouse in "The Simple Things"

1st Series Pack #12:

89-Disney Magic Moments: 101 Dalmatians
90-Disney Villains: Si and Am
91-Dumbo and his mom (cel)
92-Behind the Scenes: Peter Pan
93-Disney Concept Art: Bambi
94-Cinderella (numbered to 5,000)
95-Vintage Movie Posters: Pinocchio
96-Mickey Mouse in "Alpine Climbers"

D23 Cards first release:

97-Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie
98-Mickey Mouse in Brave Little tailor
99-Mickey Mouse in The Band Concert

D23 Cards second release:

100-70th Anniversary Chip & Dale (numbered to 3,100)
101-85th Anniversary Mickey & Minnie (numbered to 3,100)
102-75th Anniversary Ferdinand the Bull (numbered to 3,100)
103-70th Anniversary Chip & Dale (numbered to 5,000) I DO NOT HAVE THIS CARD!!!

1st Series Pack #13:

104-Disney Villains: Jafar
105-Winniw the Pooh (cel)
106-Behind the Scenes: The Rescuers
107-Disney Concept Art: The Aristocrats
108-The great Mouse Detective (numbered to 5,000)
109-Vintage Movie Posters: Beauty and the Beast
110-Mickey Mouse in "The Canine Caddy"
176-Disney Magic Moments: The Lion King

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am the same as you. I got #176 today but still no #103. VERY strange.

I'm also surprised they continued Series 1 at #104... I thought for sure they'd call it Series 2.

At least I know I am not alone in this!

Posts: 37 | Location: Orlando | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I called the people at the Disney collector card customer service line today, again... I spoke to a different rep. He told me that the reason card#103 is not in the pack is because it was considered a "BONUS" for those who joined up for the second run of these cards. There was so much interest in the cards that they decided to reprint them and for those who enrolled in the D23 club in April of 2013, it was a special card that was included in the SILVER FOIL D23 PACK. That pack had cards 100-101-102-103 When the cards were first released in August of 2012, Disney issued a GOLD FOIL D23 PACK with cards 97-98-99. I explained to the rep that when someone spends over $120 on cards, they expect to receive a complete run with no breaks in the numbering. He said he would pass that info along to management. Oh, I still couldn't talk him out of a #103.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was a #103 that sold on ebay 3 weeks ago for $ 12.99. I don't see any more.

Glad I didn't pursue these. Too hard to collect !

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also picked up a #103 card on eBay. It should be here in about 6 days.

I suggest you guys do the same if you can if you truly want a complete set. Disney doesn't seem to be much help on this.

Posts: 37 | Location: Orlando | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
OK. If I thought I was confused before, I am totally confused even more now. I have updated the card list to date. I received 2 packs today. #12 & #13. Pack #12 had cards 89 to 96. Pack #13 had 104-110 and 176. Yes, that's correct. So I have all the cards on the list except #103 because it wasn't in pack 12 and it wasn't in the 2nd D23 pack. I called the phone number on the website, and they can't answer my question why I got #176 and no #103. Any ideas???

As said above, that was my thought on 103 being for new subscribers. And my guess is 176 is for those continuing on. With 100-102 being for D23 members.

Thing is, I was told that I would be notified if I wanted to continue with series 2. And more than once that series 1 ends with the 12th pack. I'm now having a big issue that I received an email early last month that my 12 envelope would be received near June 20th, and as of yesterday, NOTHING.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about this... can someone explain why some of my lithographs from my initial few packs are #/1500 and then some are #/2000 and some others are #/3000?

If they are reprinting Series 1, are they making MORE? How can that be?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I called the people at the Disney collector card customer service line today, again... I spoke to a different rep. He told me that the reason card#103 is not in the pack is because it was considered a "BONUS" for those who joined up for the second run of these cards. There was so much interest in the cards that they decided to reprint them and for those who enrolled in the D23 club in April of 2013, it was a special card that was included in the SILVER FOIL D23 PACK. That pack had cards 100-101-102-103 When the cards were first released in August of 2012, Disney issued a GOLD FOIL D23 PACK with cards 97-98-99. I explained to the rep that when someone spends over $120 on cards, they expect to receive a complete run with no breaks in the numbering. He said he would pass that info along to management. Oh, I still couldn't talk him out of a #103.

I thought 100-102 came out recently. All my envelopes are gold and I'm not a D23 member, but I don't have 100-103. As of today, I don't have envelope 12. I was told #12 would be the last I receive.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ethanwa:
How about this... can someone explain why some of my lithographs from my initial few packs are #/1500 and then some are #/2000 and some others are #/3000?

If they are reprinting Series 1, are they making MORE? How can that be?

Yeah. Will we be able to tell 1st printings from 2nd printings?

D23 members are rewarded with cards 97-103. New non-D23 members are rewarded with 103. While the rest of us that missed out on 97-99 and wasn't made aware of a 2nd series passed on a D23 membership ended up missing out on 100-103. I guess they don't care about us regular collectors.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Will we be able to tell 1st printings from 2nd printings?

Yes... check it out... look what I just found out. We are ALL getting screwed here (I can confirm new images on same-numbered lithograph cards for Pack 1 #6 and Pack 2 #14 so far). My guess is cards 6, 14, 22, 30, 38, 46, and 54 will all be different pictures and numbers for the second printing:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ethanwa,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I wonder if this is only on the lithographs. One operator vaguely implied new art, but she sounded very unsure and confused. Other operators said it's all the same art. Yet, is a $30 or so dollar membership worth the 3 or 4 extra cards? I did pay $40 for the first 3 on ebay a month or so ago. Well, my wife did. I wouldn't have paid that much. Yet, she hasn't been happy with this series from the start.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Now I'm still wonder if they even know the difference between a printing and a series is. I've asked them more than once. Including their supervisors. IDIOTS!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I wonder if this is only on the lithographs.

I checked the other cards and the new artwork is only for the lithographs in the first two packs. All of the other cards are identical, even saying Copyright 2012 on them, not 2013.

My guess is that when they said second series they meant second printing. These phone operators really have no idea and honestly don't care. Someone higher up (that you'll never get ahold of on the phone) is setting this all up this way.

Honestly, I think Disney did this on purpose because...

#1: They can't make more printings of the same numbered card for the reprint. If it was #/1500 in the first printing, it can't all of the sudden be #/5000 in the second printing. The second series had to be new cards with new art.

#2. It allows Disney to purposely make it hard to collect the full set, thus artificially inflating the value. It's a proven tactic that has worked. Topps does it to this day with baseball card #'d inserts and short prints.

Me personally? I love Disney stuff, I am a hardcore collector and completist, and I understand that this is the way it is. I have purchased card #103 on eBay and I've signed up for Series 1 (Second Printing) tonight under my wife's name to get the new lithos. It will cost more money, but I want the FULL set. I will cancel her membership when the lithos start matching up, mostly likely when they hit the #/5000 cards.

Good luck everyone! It's getting harder to collect this set!

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
So, the only way to get a truly complete set is to have subscribed to the first and second printings? Ugh. This set is so much more complicated/frustrating than it should be.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I said the same thing. At this point, I will just wait and see. Maybe I will find the 103 on eBay. Who knows, maybe they will offer the cards later in the run. I will just be patient and see what happens.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I went straight for a supervisor. She didn't know what envelope would be the last for series one. She didn't know why everyone but the average series one collector gets bonus cards. And she didn't call me back with an answer as she said she would. That's two supervisors that didn't call back. Next time I'll go straight for the supervisor again, but as them who their boss is. BTW, got pack 12/13 yesterday afternoon. Same as mentioned above.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Disney exists in its own universe. Whatever the product, you play by their rules or you don't play at all.

I don't play. Wink

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Yet, is a $30 or so dollar membership worth the 3 or 4 extra cards?

D23 now offers free membership. You won't get the magazine, obviously, but the description of benefits does state that free membership provides access to "special promotional offers and discounts throughout the year". I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the D23 bonus card deal is one of those offers.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I just spent 50 minutes on the phone with these people. Asked right out the gate for a supervisor, but spoke with a cast member first for quite some time; besides being on hold 2 or 3 times for probably 20 minutes total. AND PRETTY MUCH GOT ABSOLUTELY NOW WHERE!!!

This is what I did get confirmed:

1) Second printing cards are identical to first printing. That was a big argument. LOL

2) They are totally out of card 103.

3) You absolutely must be a pre-existing D23 member to be eligible for any of those cards. So if I became a D23 member today, I still don't get cards 100-102.

4) Series one does not end with envelope 12 as we already know. It could possibly go on up to 61. That's right. The higher powers are planning/hoping, whether it's one series or more, to have at this time 61 envelopes.

I almost cancelled the membership and told them where to go. This is totally crazy!

posted Hide Post
quote:

1) Second printing cards are identical to first printing. That was a big argument. LOL

Obviously this is not true, just from the pictures I posted above. I suggest you try and talk to someone higher up the ladder than just the supervisor.

That is your only hope.