Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Disney Collector Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disney Collector Cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here is the latest update. Packs 16 & 17 arrived today:

1st Series Pack #16:
127-Disney Magic Moments: Beauty and the beast
128-Disney Villains: Prince John
129-The Great Mouse Detective (cel)
130-Behind the Scenes: Lion King
131-Disney Concept Art: Aladdin
132-Winnie the Pooh (numbered to 5,000)
133-Vintage Movie Posters: The Little Mermaid
134-Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Birthday Party"

1st Series Pack #17:
135-Disney Magic Moments: The Little Mermaid
136-Disney Villains: Gaston
137-Robin Hood (cel)
138-Behind the Scenes: The Great Mouse Detective
139-Disney Concept Art: The Rescuers
140-Aladdin (numbered to 5,000)
141-Vintage Movie Posters: Winnie the Pooh
142-Mickey Mouse in "Symphony Hour"

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Here are the next 2 packs in the series.
Now many of you won't believe this, but I just spoke to a cast member at the Studio card customer service center and they told me that these cards are going to be printed all the way to Pack 61!!!!!!!

1st Series Pack #18:
143-Disney Magic Moments: Winnie the Pooh
144-Disney Villains: Ursula
145-Beauty and the Beast (cel)
146-Behind the Scenes: Robin Hood
147-Disney Concept Art: The Great Mouse Detective
148-The Lion King (numbered to 5,000)
149-Vintage Movie Posters: The Aristocats
150-Mickey Mouse in "Mickey's Pal Pluto"

1st Series Pack #19:
151-Disney Magic Moments: Aladdin Genie
152-Disney Concept Development: Winnie the Pooh
153-The Great Mouse Detective (cel)
154-Behind the Scenes: Beauty and the Beast
155-Disney Concept Art: Robin Hood
156-The Aristocats (numbered to 5,000)
157-Vintage Movie Posters: Lion King
158-Mickey Mouse in "A Gentleman's Gentleman"

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
61 packs? Holy ****. Well, I guess Disney is going to be getting a ton of money from me.

Posts: 37 | Location: Orlando | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I was told about this a couple of months ago. Guess I forgot to mention it, probably because I got so frustrated being on the phone with them and getting different stories every time.

I was told there COULD BE 61 total. They don't know until the "higher powers" give them info. At that time, they did not have confirmation past envelope 14.

I finally took advantage of the free D23 membership and later joined the card club in my name. The first one is in my wife's name.

Last week I received cards 100-103, in addition to envelope 1; with the variant lithograph card.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whats the best phone number for the Collector Cards? I still haven't gotten pack 18 & 19.

Posts: 37 | Location: Orlando | Registered: June 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone gotten pack #20 and #21 yet? I was told they shipped.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Just got my packs:

1st Series Pack #20:
159-Disney Magic Moments: The Rescuers
160-Disney Villains: Edgar - The Aristocats
161-The Lion King (cel)
162-Behind the Scenes: The Little Mermaid
163-Disney Concept Art: Beauty and the Beast
164- Robin Hood (numbered to 5,000)
165-Vintage Movie Posters: The Great Mouse Detective
166-Mickey Mouse in "Mickey and the Seal"

1st Series Pack #21:
167-Disney Magic Moments: The Great Mouse Detective
168-Disney Villains: Madame Medusa - The Rescuers
169-The Little Mermaid (cel)
170-Behind the Scenes: The Aristocats
171-Disney Concept Art: The Lion King
172- Beauty and the Beast (numbered to 5,000)
173-Vintage Movie Posters: Aladdin
174-Mickey Mouse in "Clock Cleaners"

posted Hide Post
Not sure if anyone really noticed this, but Pack #19 didn't contain a Disney Villain, it instead had:

152-Disney Concept Development: Winnie the Pooh

The line called "Disney Concept Development" is new to this line of cards... there has never been a card with that heading before.

Interesting.

posted Hide Post
An FYI update...

Just got Pack #8 and #9 of the second printing. The lithographs now match the first printing.

So only packs #1-7 have different lithos in the second printing.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ethanwa:
An FYI update...

Just got Pack #8 and #9 of the second printing. The lithographs now match the first printing.

Thank you.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I KNOW THE STARTER PACKS WERE NOT PRICED TOO BAD BUT THE SHIPPING ON GETTING THESE PACK IS JUST TOO HIGH.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I KNOW THE STARTER PACKS WERE NOT PRICED TOO BAD BUT THE SHIPPING ON GETTING THESE PACK IS JUST TOO HIGH.

Yeah $4 is just stupid.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
These cards end up costing $21.44 for every 16, so that's $1.34 or card, or basically $4 for a 3 card pack were they sold that way, and worth it, I think, given the quality of the cards.
Besides that, it's better this way than in regular packs, since once you started getting doubles, the cost would be astronomical. I'm up to pack 9 now, and while I hate seeing that $21.44 charge each month, I just can't quit 'em.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
These cards end up costing $21.44 for every 16, so that's $1.34 or card, or basically $4 for a 3 card pack were they sold that way, and worth it, I think, given the quality of the cards.
Besides that, it's better this way than in regular packs, since once you started getting doubles, the cost would be astronomical. I'm up to pack 9 now, and while I hate seeing that $21.44 charge each month, I just can't quit 'em.

I hear you. I have every pack, all the D23 extras, and all of the second printing lithographs. It's cost me a ton but I love Disney and I love baseball card collecting and this marries the two.

I will have a subscription to this until the day they end the program.

posted Hide Post
The next set of cards have shipped... I got a charge on my card. Someone post when they get them... thanks!

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Has anyone received packs 22 and 23? My credit card hasn't been charged yet like ethanwa.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I called them and packs 22 & 23 have been back ordered. I don't have mine either.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ethanwa:
An FYI update...

Did you happen to get 10 and 11? Just want to make sure they're still the same.

I have the first printing in my wife's name and the second in my name. We have two packages that we still haven't opened. We'll probably do that tonight when she gets home to see where we're at on these.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
All the packs after 7 are the same. Its the lithos in the first 7 packs that have variants.
I asked about the binder again (16 months and counting) and no one has a clue if they are doing one or not.

posted Hide Post
Sorry, on my earlier post I got charged for pack #10 and #11 (second printing), not the packs in the 20's. And yes, the new lithos are only up to pack #7 (second printing). Everything after pack #7 is the same in both printings.