Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Disney Collector Cards

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1757055036

July 10, 2013, 12:32 PM
Chris Cline
Disney Collector Cards
Maybe some one going to the D23 event could get us some information. Is anyone going?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
July 10, 2013, 08:12 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Yet, is a $30 or so dollar membership worth the 3 or 4 extra cards?

D23 now offers free membership. You won't get the magazine, obviously, but the description of benefits does state that free membership provides access to "special promotional offers and discounts throughout the year". I'm assuming (perhaps wrongly) that the D23 bonus card deal is one of those offers.

Thank you. I may join. But to get the D23 exclusive cards, I would have to rejoin. Only pre-existing members can receive those cards.

July 10, 2013, 08:17 PM
Tattoox
quote:
Originally posted by ethanwa:
quote:

1) Second printing cards are identical to first printing. That was a big argument. LOL

Obviously this is not true, just from the pictures I posted above. I suggest you try and talk to someone higher up the ladder than just the supervisor.

That is your only hope.

That's what a supervisor told me yesterday. I was on the phone for 22 minutes today. Could not get someone higher up. Finally I ended up with a supervisor and only had 2 minutes left on my lunch break, so I didn't even get my first question answered. The lady couldn't comprehend what I was asking. "How was card #103 distributed?" Sounded simple to me.

The cast member yesterday said at least twice that 103 was very limited and is sold out. I realized later that was a bunch of bull. 100, 101, and 102 are 3100; and 103 was 5000. That doesn't make sense to me.

July 10, 2013, 09:59 PM
ethanwa
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Maybe some one going to the D23 event could get us some information. Is anyone going?

I am going. I doubt there will be anything at the event about these cards, but if there is I will let you know.
July 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
ethanwa
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Speaking of Disney cards, I was on the Disney Fantasy cruise ship last week. They knew nothing about any trading cards that had been previously available. They also had no current trading cards available. It's a shame because there were hundreds of kids on the ship and I'm sure that some of them would have been interested in trading cards.

Off topic, but how was the cruise? I'm taking my family on the Fantasy in April... never been on a Disney Cruise before.
July 12, 2013, 09:34 PM
Raven
quote:
Off topic, but how was the cruise? I'm taking my family on the Fantasy in April... never been on a Disney Cruise before.

Its great except for all the mice. Big Grin
July 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
chesspieceface
And I like giant talking dogs just fine, but I'm not sure they should be handling the food, though. Big Grin

July 15, 2013, 11:58 PM
ethanwa
Another Disney f-up to report...

Card number 94 from Pack 12 is a potential error card. It's a #/5000 lithograph and labeled as "Cinderella" but it's actually a shot from the movie "Cinderella III: A Twist In Time".

Obviously Cinderella III is NOT a Disney classic movie (in fact it was a crappy straight to DVD movie) so I can only see this as a mistake by Disney. There is no way a card in the first 100 should be from such a junky movie.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out.
July 15, 2013, 11:59 PM
ethanwa
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:

It was our first cruse (Disney or not) and we had a wonderful time. You'll be able to start booking your excursions 75 days before your sail date. I recommend taking off that day from work. You'll want to start booking your excursions literally at 12:01 AM that morning. People who have previously sailed get first crack at excursions. People like us who are first-time passengers get the leftovers. I started booking our excursions at 12:01 AM and got everything I wanted but one thing.

If you want more information, just send an email to me. My email address is in my profile.

Thanks for the info Kenny! We actually booked one of the one-bedroom suites for the family so we get to book at the 120 day mark. We're going to go for a cabana on Castaway Cay. We're excited as it's our first Disney cruise as well!
July 26, 2013, 06:58 PM
Devlin
What is everyone using to protect their cards? I've been trying to find full sheet protectors but I haven't had any luck.
July 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
chesspieceface
I would think Ultra Pro 4 Pocket pages would fit these nicely (but mine are still in the envelopes!).

July 26, 2013, 09:30 PM
WandringRebel
I use the Ultra Pro 4-pocket pages and they work just fine.

July 27, 2013, 12:15 AM
Chris Cline
Do you keep the envelopes in separate holders?

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
July 27, 2013, 02:54 AM
juke
quote:
Originally posted by Devlin:
What is everyone using to protect their cards? I've been trying to find full sheet protectors but I haven't had any luck.

In our local bookstores, there are various sizes of acrylic top loaders, but the opening is on the side. They vary from ID size up to A3. There are also some plastic document sheet fillers for ring-bind folders for post card size up to legal size, the holes fit wih collector card albums.
July 27, 2013, 08:35 AM
WandringRebel
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Do you keep the envelopes in separate holders?

The envelopes fit in the 4 pocket pages as well. I do keep the envelopes separate from the cards.

July 27, 2013, 12:58 PM
beamer
I put 2 envelopes back to back in 2 pocket pages and then I use the 4 pocket pages for the cards, 1 card per pocket. So far, they all fit in the red Disney binder with Mickey on the front. I spoke to a cast member at D23 and there has been some discussion about making a factory binder for these cards.
July 27, 2013, 01:05 PM
beamer
Here is the latest updated checklist for the Disney Studio Collector Cards:

1st Series Pack #12:
89-Disney Magic Moments: 101 Dalmatians
90-Disney Villains: Si and Am
91-Dumbo and his mom (cel)
92-Behind the Scenes: Peter Pan
93-Disney Concept Art: Bambi
94-Cinderella (numbered to 5,000)
95-Vintage Movie Posters: Pinocchio
96-Mickey Mouse in "Alpine Climbers"

D23 Cards first release gold foil logo:
97-Mickey Mouse in Steamboat Willie
98-Mickey Mouse in Brave Little tailor
99-Mickey Mouse in The Band Concert

D23 Cards second release Silver foil logo:
100-70th Anniversary Chip & Dale (numbered to 3,100)
101-85th Anniversary Mickey & Minnie (numbered to 3,100)
102-75th Anniversary Ferdinand the Bull (numbered to 3,100)

103-70th Anniversary Chip & Dale (numbered to 5,000)Who really knows how this card was distributed, but 2 have shown up on eBay for sale so far.

1st Series Pack #13:
104-Disney Villains: Jafar
105-Winniw the Pooh (cel)
106-Behind the Scenes: The Rescuers
107-Disney Concept Art: The Aristocrats
108-The great Mouse Detective (numbered to 5,000)
109-Vintage Movie Posters: Beauty and the Beast
110-Mickey Mouse in "The Canine Caddy"
176-Disney Magic Moments: The Lion King ???

1st Series Pack #14:
111-Disney Magic Moments: The Aristocrats
112-Disney Villains: Scar
113-Aladdin & Jasmine (cel)
114-Behind the Scenes: Winnie the Pooh
115-Disney Concept Art: Ariel The Little Mermaid
116-The Rescuers (numbered to 5,000)
117-Vintage Movie Posters: Robin Hood
118-Mickey Mouse in "Tugboat Mickey"

1st Series Pack #15:
119-Disney Magic Moments: Robin Hood
120-Disney Villains: Ratigan: The Great Mouse Detective
121-Dumbo and his mom (cel)
122-Behind the Scenes: Aladdin
123-Disney Concept Art: Winnie the Pooh
124-The Little Mermaid (numbered to 5,000)
125-Vintage Movie Posters: The rescuers
126-Mickey Mouse in "The Mad Dog"
July 27, 2013, 03:56 PM
ethanwa
Pack #14 and #15 are out now? I haven't gotten mine yet.
August 02, 2013, 09:10 PM
ethanwa
Here are the "Second Printing" lithograph cards for Pack 3 (Card 22) and Pack 4 (Card 30). Both are now with a different picture and numbered to 5000.

August 09, 2013, 01:16 AM
ethanwa
Interesting update today for all of you...

I am a Sorcerer guest at the 2013 Disney D23 Expo. What that means is that I paid a crapload of money to get a special ticket to this expo event to skip lines, get free gifts, etc etc. The Expo actually started today for us (Thursday) instead of Friday-Sunday like the normal tickets. There are only 300 Sorcerer guests.

Well today in our gift bags we all got a pack of Disney Studio Collector Cards. Our pack was like getting pack #1, but it didn't have the lithograph, it had card number #175 instead... Mary Poppins. It was a card that has not yet been released.

Also, the pack didn't say "Pack #" or "D23" on it or anything, just Disney Studio Collector Cards and that was it. It was still in the gold foil that is on the normal packs we get.

It also included a cool little fold-out pamphlet the size of a card that described what the cards were, similar to the welcome pamphlet you get when you first sign up and you get your first pack.

I will post pictures soon.