Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Jurassic Park Holograms
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jurassic Park Holograms
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello everyone, I need some help in clarifying the difference between the Series one holograms and series two holograms. Other then there numbering, Series 1 has 1 of 4 - 4 of 4 and series 2 has H1 - H4. Anyone have pictures of series two holograms.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are some photos of the Holograms on Ebay auctions. I am not allowed to post the link but they should be easy to spot.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, I checked the ebay, those are what I said I have.

Anybody out the have the Hologram set numbered H1 - H4.
I need pictures to verify the difference.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tiggerhouse
posted Hide Post
I've opened up several boxes each of Jurassic Park Series 1, Jurassic Park Series 2, and Jurassic Park Gold. All of the ones I've found are numbered 1 of 4 through 4 of 4. None of them have been numbered H1 through H4. I've seen many other Jurassic Park holograms over the years, and I've never seen any numbered with the H format.

There are also amber/gold holograms that were inserted into comics. These amber holograms have a golden / amber color to them as opposed to the silver color that the pack holograms have. Other than the color difference, they appear to be identical to the pack inserted silver holograms.

For both the gold/amber holograms and the silver holograms, there are variations as to which image is on the front of the cards. To date, I have found these numbering variations:

Silver 1 of 4 Hatching egg
Silver 1 of 4 T-Rex
Silver 1 of 4 Spitter
Silver 2 of 4 Running raptor
Silver 2 of 4 Spitter
Silver 3 of 4 Hatching egg
Silver 3 of 4 Running raptor
Silver 3 of 4 T-Rex
Silver 4 of 4 Running raptor
Silver 4 of 4 T-Rex
Silver 4 of 4 Spitter

Amber 1 of 4 Hatching egg
Amber 1 of 4 T-Rex
Amber 2 of 4 Running raptor
Amber 2 of 4 T-Rex
Amber 2 of 4 Spitter
Amber 3 of 4 Hatching egg
Amber 3 of 4 T-Rex
Amber 4 of 4 Hatching egg
Amber 4 of 4 Running raptor
Amber 4 of 4 Spitter

I'm still looking for the following variations:

Silver #1 Running Raptor, Silver #2 Hatching Egg, Silver #2 T-Rex, Silver #3 Spitter, Silver #4 Hatching Egg
Amber #1 Running Raptor, Amber #1 Spitter, Amber #2 Hatching Egg, Amber #3 Spitter, Amber #3 Running Raptor, Amber #4 T-Rex

I don't know if they exist, but I'm still looking for them...

DCarleton

Posts: 226 | Location: Saint Johnsbury, Vermont, USA | Registered: October 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
I have those in my set:

Amber 1 of 4 Running raptor
Amber 2 of 4 T-Rex
Amber 3 of 4 Spitter
Amber 4 of 4 Hatching egg

Silver 1 of 4 T-Rex
Silver 2 of 4 Spitter
Silver 2 of 4 Hatching Egg
Silver 3 of 4 Running raptor

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tiggerhouse thanks for the information.
I've got the Following in my set:
Silver #1 of 4 T-Rex, #2 of 4 Spitter, #3 of 4 Hatching Egg & #4 of 4 Running Raptor
Gold/Amber #3 of 4 Hatching Egg & #4 of 4 Running Raptor

Todd Jordan compiled the Encyclopedia of Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Cards and I guess somebody gave him the wrong information on the Holograms. Unless they belong to a Jurassic Park set I don't know about.

Thanks everybody for the help.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, thanks for the great post topic. I sent an email to those of you listed in an effort to see if anyone still collects and/or is interested in the Topps Jurassic Park Holograms (both Silver and Amberchrome).

Please let me know as time allows. I am currently looking for the following.

Silver Trex 2of4
Silver Spitter 3of4
Silver Hatchling 4of4
Silver Velociraptor 1of4

Amberchrome Trex 3of4 & 4of4
Amberchrome Spitter 1of4 & 4of4
Amberchrome Hatchling 1of4, 2of4 & 4of4
Amberchrome Velociraptor 1of4, 2of4 & 3of4

Any and all help is much appreciated, I do have some extras as well if you are looking for anything specific.

Take care - Eric

Posts: 9 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: August 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Weren't the H1-H4 holograms the cards from the Topps comic books?

Been awhile so I might be wrong

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just came across this ancient thread...

No, the comic inserts were numbered 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, and 4 of 4.

I have the five listed in Promo Card Encyclopedia 2008 which includes the Amberchrome 4 of 4 "egg hatching" variant (the #3 front). Back around 2000, I was lucky to find three issues in a comic store bargain bin and pulled three different Amber holograms, finding the other two at local shows. Someone told me later there were variations of at least one of the other numbers but I hadn't seen one and stopped looking for others some time ago. I should look around again.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Weren't the H1-H4 holograms the cards from the Topps comic books?

Been awhile so I might be wrong

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4393 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
This is somewhat confusing. I was told there were silver holos for series one and gold for series two. Also comic inserts with different numbering. I have all of the variations except #2 of 4 Spiter in gold. I wasn't aware of a JP Gold set. Are the series two holos silver also?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post