Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Collector's Call: Episode 4

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1647034196

July 21, 2019, 09:33 PM
catskilleagle
Collector's Call: Episode 4
I was just looking at the guide to see what's on later. I found about "Collector's Call" on the MEtv network a couple of weeks ago. It's a show about collectors and their stuff. Episode 2 was about a guy who collects entertainment memorabilia especially anything advertising-related. I missed Episode 3 (a woman and her Winnie the Pooh collection) and it wasn't repeated but you can watch it and the other two on the show's website.

https://www.metv.com/collectorscall

A new episode is on tonight and it's about a guy who collects Kiss stuff including trading cards. It's on at 10pm on the west coast.

Jess
August 22, 2022, 03:03 AM
catskilleagle
I just watched an episode of "Collector's Call." It's well into its third season and there seems to be more episodes in this one than were in either of its previous seasons. I didn't know it was back until about a month ago and there have already been about 15 episodes. I just watched the one about a woman who collects "Brady Bunch" stuff and one of the things she talked about was completing the 88-card 1969 set which was appraised at $500. You could see that she stored them in a "TV Coolest Classics" binder from 1998. That Inkworks set contained cards from several 60's shows including Brady Bunch but none of those cards were shown.
August 22, 2022, 08:39 AM
webjon
Cool! Nice to see our hobby popping up in the press.
March 17, 2024, 11:03 PM
catskilleagle
Over at least the past few weeks, MEtv has been playing reruns of "Collector's Call" episodes going back to the first season. It might be the first time it has run repeats since the show started. I've already seen one I missed on the first run.

Last week, Episode 4 from Season 1 was on and it featured a guy who collected KISS memorabilia. One of the items he was most proud of was a 66- card set he displayed that came out in the 70's. The maker wasn't mentioned but it was that Donruss set. One of his other favorite items was a full box of unopened packs of that set. The odd thing was when the "expert" asked to trade for his card set as if it was something he hadn't been able to find on his own. The set was not hard to find a few years ago nor is it hard to find now. Also, the collector was unaware that there was a Series 2 plus some Series 1 variants that came out later. Add to that, neither of them mentioned the KISS sets that Cornerstone did in the 90's nor the Eric Carr promo set.

The next time there's any kind of a KISS/music memorabilia show, some dealer should show up with those cards. There are collectors who would buy them if they knew about them.