Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I hate binders!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Look at the bottom photo, the last binder on the shelf.

If by foreign you mean X-FILES CONTACT, yes. I think the first binder has the first 3 seasons and Contact in it, the cover and spine has wrinkled, and it is overloaded.

I sure wish I knew what caused the wrinkling though. Some near empty binders have done the same thing.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Look at the bottom photo, the last binder on the shelf.

Duh! I thought you were talking about the cards and, since its Olivia, I was starting to get worried. One of my slow witted days. Wink

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to be very careful with ring binders, especially the inkworks ones as the ring can lay on the cards causing an indent in them over the very long term.
The rittenhouse binders are much better as they are half round half square so the pages sit much better in the binder.
With the full round rings especially the inkworks ones the cards can get trapped between the ring and the binder face causing the indent over the long term.

Seen the ring indents in Andromeda and Angel cards bought from others.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Neilsy:
You have to be very careful with ring binders, especially the inkworks ones as the ring can lay on the cards causing an indent in them over the very long term.
The rittenhouse binders are much better as they are half round half square so the pages sit much better in the binder.
With the full round rings especially the inkworks ones the cards can get trapped between the ring and the binder face causing the indent over the long term.

Seen the ring indents in Andromeda and Angel cards bought from others.

`D' ring binders are the only kind you should use. Unfortunately some of the older binders just used the standard `O' ring. For a little added protection if I have an `O' ring binder I put one of those plastic protectors that you put on top of the first page. No idea what they are called but some of the better binders come with them.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:

If by foreign you mean X-FILES CONTACT, yes.

No, apologies I meant foreign language as in Topps 1st series, see below:-

An English Version, a Spanish version and two Italian versions. Of the Spanish and Italian cards I collected them some years back. I don't have meany of the Italian variants though.

English
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

Spanish

Italian

Italian Variant - see bottom left hand corner

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, I do not have any of those.
I did not even know they existed.
Very nice!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post