Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Why So Hard to Find ?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1607031586

January 17, 2017, 04:38 AM
catskilleagle
Why So Hard to Find ?
Promoking,

Yes, Glenn was a pioneer promo collector and dealer. I used to buy from and trade with him too. He seemed to have at least one of anything you wanted to buy including some Wings of Gold prototypes and other things I haven't seen again. And yes, that Cornerstone deal he made netted him a load of oddball cards like the "Wolfman" P2. The last time I heard from him was a note with a Rolling Stones prototype as a gift.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Yes,
that seller was Glenn Leonard who bought out all of Cornerstone's stock from its president who later moved to Europe. England or Germany if I recall. Glenn was a pioneer in the promo card movement but he sold his entire collection over period of 10 years on Ebay and other venues. He had one heck of a collection and was a regular at the Philly show for many, many years. I too picked up a lot of scarce material from him over the years, some of which I haven't seen another to this day like the uncut sheet of the Avengers black & white promo set A1 through A6. Unfortunately, I haven't heard from him in a few years, now.

January 29, 2017, 03:03 PM
piko
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Not to hijack the thread but this well titled thread seemed a good place to ask...
I've been looking for the Star Trek Next Generation Season 7 Skybox 'QVC' promo featuring the cast sat around a poker table.

The card is unnumbered, dated 1994 and states on the back is limited to 10,000 copies although you wouldn't think it given how few you see. There are two on eBay at the moment both over $100. Eek

Any Trek/promo experts have any idea why they are so scarce?

Ne sure to keep an eye out for the plaque:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-T...9:g:NnoAAOSwyQtVrr~g

That is an example that isn't cheap but might give you an option.
As to why it's so rare, I suspect the reason is it went to general trek fans, not card fans. People who watch QVC and like Trek and buy Trek stuff but aren't card collector's specifically. And it gets sold as a plaque and not a card, so doesn't make it back into card collector's hands as often.

January 29, 2017, 03:08 PM
piko
There is an example of this card for sale on the bay now Two days to go NZ$64 should think about US$50
March 14, 2017, 06:39 AM
STCardGeek
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Not to hijack the thread but this well titled thread seemed a good place to ask...
I've been looking for the Star Trek Next Generation Season 7 Skybox 'QVC' promo featuring the cast sat around a poker table.

The card is unnumbered, dated 1994 and states on the back is limited to 10,000 copies although you wouldn't think it given how few you see. There are two on eBay at the moment both over $100. Eek

Any Trek/promo experts have any idea why they are so scarce?

X, is the email address in your profile accurate? If so, check for an email from me.

March 18, 2017, 10:16 AM
X
Just wanted to give a shout-out and big THANK YOU to Lynne for remembering this thread and helping point me toward an eBay BIN for the QVC TNG promo for the princely sum of $13/£11! Best bargain I've had in a long time.
March 18, 2017, 05:37 PM
STCardGeek
I'm delighted you were able to nab the card. When I saw it, I knew it was meant for you!

March 19, 2017, 11:38 AM
brown123
Well done ,wish I could find a complete star trek movies FX1 ,never seen one yet !!
March 19, 2017, 12:59 PM
cardaddict
What, this? What's special about it? I don't even remember.

March 19, 2017, 04:13 PM
brown123
Been looking for 3 years have not seen one yet.
March 19, 2017, 05:23 PM
wolfie
I think this card was an exclusive for a show in Canada and so had a somewhat limited release. I got mine from someone who attended the show at the time but you are correct, this promo is very rarely up for sale.

March 19, 2017, 07:57 PM
cardaddict
That kind of rings a bell. The only card I'm missing from that set is that darn Harve Bennet autograph card. I should have bought it when it was cheaper.
July 11, 2017, 06:20 PM
David R
Have you noticed that the Bart Simpson (Shadowbart) chase card from the 1994 Images of Shadowhawk set doesn't seem to turn up at all anymore ?

I seem to recall that at the time it came 1 per 12 boxes of the cards. I was lucky to pull one