Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off Again!!
 Login/Join

Picture of sirob
posted
Well, a year has passed and the urge to travel (as well as a VERY good exchange rate Smile) requires another visit to the US (as well as Canada). Last year I posted a request for info on local shows, markets or anything to do with cards in areas to be visited, and my wife & I ended up at the CECE in Chicago (great fun) as well as several other places of interest!! This years trip will be a bit more challenging in that we're not hitting a great number of major cities. Anyway- worth a try. OK- we start in Seattle WA/Vancouver CAN mid September, then some fall colours around the Great Lakes (Duluth, Thunder Bay, SSMarie, Toronto, Marquette (WI))in late Sept-early October, a bit of the southwest starting in Las Vegas, northern AZ, northern CA (mid to late October) and finally a week in LA (staying in the Valley) before returning to OZ in Nov. We can google comic shops and assume after last year that card shops (as such) are a thing of the past. Any info on places with cards near the above, or local shows/markets with cards would be helpful.
Cheers & thanks!

Posts: 115 | Location: australia | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In Southern California, there's a twice weekly show called Frank & Son Collectible Show. It's every Wednesday and Saturday. There's one non-sport card dealer and another seller who has Leaf non-sport products.
Here's the link to the website.
frank & son show

There's also a new show happening at the LA Convention Center on Nov. 5-6 called the Comikaze Expo.
Here's a link to the website.

comikaze

There's also my personal favorite for in-person autographs, the Hollywood Show, but it sounds like you'll be missing the two shows. The upcoming Burbank, CA show is on Oct. 8-9, and the upcoming Las Vegas show is on Nov. 18-19. Here's a link to the website.

hollywood show

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vegas is great in Oct (GREAT weather) but there isnt really anything geared toward card collecting unfortunately (we have a few shops that have sports cards but nothing non-sport). Frown
Hope you have a great time on your trip! Smile

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
http://www.fanexpocanada.com/

happens at the end of August

if you can give better dates for Toronto
I can probably help as there is a few smaller shows

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sirob
posted Hide Post
A great start- thanks all. Should be able to make at least one of the L.A. events. Will certainly enjoy the fine weather in Las Vegas. As to Toronto, will be there somewhere in the period October 4-Oct 9. Cheers!

Posts: 115 | Location: australia | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post