Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sketch Card Question
 Login/Join

Picture of pendragon
posted
Hi all, I have a sketch card question. I often see the term ACEO associated with sketch cards. What does this stand for or what does it mean?

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
I used to have a lot of trouble trying to remember this.
I think it's Artist's Cards, Editions and Originals.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It also means that they are not part of any official, licensed product. Some are very well done for the prices asked.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Some ACEO's come from artists outside of the regular trading card realm. These can feature anything on them, not necessarily the usual comic or television characters. We had an article in Vol. 17, #6 (pretty sure it was by Ryan Cracknell) about ATC's and ACEO's. Also, you might lookup "artist trading cards" on Wikipedia. They have a good article on it as well.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. I feel a bit more knowledgeable now.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post