Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Which Manufacturers Are Still In Business
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Manufacturers Are Still In Business
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Cards Inc were originally Inkworks UK branch the Inkworks UK promo cards mostly had the information contacting Cards Inc UK I think it was based in Watford from my earlier experiences with them they were very hard to contact they were in buisness for a time after the Inkworks collapse but then sort of faded away
Piko

That's really interesting I had no idea. I thought they were perhaps connected to the likes of ArtBox as Cards Inc did a lot of retail Harry Potter licenced sets originally. But it would make sense if Inkworks got a Harry Potter licence for Cards Inc UK release if they lost out on the 'major' licence for the hobby sets in the US.

I know they really tried to 'milk' their Shrek licences for both Inkworks and Cards Inc towards the end of their run. I've collected sets from that franchise but there were really nothing special. More cashing in on it I felt.

I did once try to contact Cards Inc about damaged cards in a Harry Potter pack but I can't remember the outcome. (No unfavourable toward them it was just so long ago). But thanks for sharing that information.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Cult Stuff disappeared in early 2017.

The last thing they released was a mini "adult" set that January.

They took pre-orders for Sherlock Holmes Hound of the Baskervilles in Jan/Feb 2017. It was supposed to come out that Feb, but nothing ever came about. And nothing from them since.

Hope the pre-orders got refunds. Yeah I heard about that. They tried to do a spin off in a very different direction and I don't think it paid off to say the least.

No, we did not get refunds. I lost $ 75 on my pre-order. No response to any emails whatsoever

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Cult Stuff disappeared in early 2017.

The last thing they released was a mini "adult" set that January.

They took pre-orders for Sherlock Holmes Hound of the Baskervilles in Jan/Feb 2017. It was supposed to come out that Feb, but nothing ever came about. And nothing from them since.

Hope the pre-orders got refunds. Yeah I heard about that. They tried to do a spin off in a very different direction and I don't think it paid off to say the least.

No, we did not get refunds. I lost $ 75 on my pre-order. No response to any emails whatsoever

That's genuinely shocking. Eek What an awful thing for collectors like yourself to be left out of pocket. Shake Head

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cards Inc were originally Inkworks UK branch the Inkworks UK promo cards mostly had the information contacting Cards Inc UK I think it was based in Watford from my earlier experiences with them they were very hard to contact they were in buisness for a time after the Inkworks collapse but then sort of faded away
Piko

They were the UK distributor of inkworks and produced their own sets.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Piko

They were the UK distributor of inkworks and produced their own sets.

Thanks for clarifying that. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Do Breygent Marketing still have an official website? Can't find it Confused (They're still in business right?)

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do Breygent Marketing still have an official website? Can't find it Confused (They're still in business right?)

Breygent had announced they were taking a break from trading cards to focus on their toy lines.

That said, there is a Red Sonja set coming this summer that either is Breygent or some sort of distributing agreement with Dynamic Forces.

No official presence online any longer.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post