Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    How do they sort cards in to packs?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do they sort cards in to packs?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
A couple of years back a card company exec told me that all the cards were collated by machines.
He also said that there was an amount of cards including sketch cards that got shredded or damaged in the process and that's why extra's were always needed from the start.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
While the base cards and the regular chase cards are collated by machines, we at Rittenhouse Archives collate the autograph loops and sketch card loops by hand. We do this to help increase an even distribution of cards across the entire production. It actually takes us about two full days to collate 8,000 sketch cards and even longer for 16,000+ autograph cards.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Well I think that kind of dedication is what helps to put Rittenhouse Archives at the top of its field.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Thanks "glim"! That was an AWESOME video! Thanks for posting it. Almost exactly what I was looking for.

This video is great too if you want to see costume/relic cards being made ->>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeTFc9jHoXA

Now I just wish Rittenhouse would put out similar videos. hint hint...

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post