Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Star Trek TOS 2 Mirror Mirror Cards....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek TOS 2 Mirror Mirror Cards....
 Login/Join

Picture of ajdedo
posted
Is it possible for one seller to have sold over 75 Star Trek Mirror Mirror Cards?

Mirror Mirror cards

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a former Skybox employee? Only dealer I ever knew who dealt in Trek that heavy is long long gone and I don't think even he could have pulled that off really. I would be cautious, but his feedback is obviously good so the buyers must be happy. Guess it depends on how bad you want those cards at a much lower price than everyone else

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm aware of someone buying Mirror cards from "Probably" the same seller and he's happy with the appearance of the cards.

I need these cards but I'm not willing to pay the price for them even if this dealer got them through the SkyBox Back Door.

I'm also suprised it's not more than 75 as for quite some time he's had/sold Mirror Cards on ebay.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ajdedo
posted Hide Post
Back in June, after he sold his 3rd Shatner, I asked where he got all the cards. (Funny thing was, I thought 3 Shatners was a lot) His response was ->

My father passed away in April and these were among many things he left me. He had a lot of weird things in his collection; the box of cards I shipped from his house weighed over 80 pounds. I do not know where he got them. I did not know he had them or what their value was until recently.

I just took it at face value, but then this evening I stumbled across another one of his Mirror Mirror auctions and then looked at his feedback. He is now at 15 recorded Shatners, plus those that have not left feedback, Like me for one....

15+ Shatners, 15+ Nimoys, and 45+ of the rest is a lot for one collector, is it not?

Funny enough, only 1 McCoy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ajdedo,

Posts: 146 | Location: Sunshine Coast, BC | Registered: April 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Yeah this seller got my attention too a few months ago and I ask him the same question and he reply same answer as ajdedo. His father should be an employee at Skybox I am pretty sure.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
How many Mirror Mirror cards do you think Skybox held back from boxes? I'm sure some for replacement, but 75 is a high number for supposedly only 200 of each made.

Perhaps he procured an uncut sheet? Are the cards numbered on the back?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
How many Mirror Mirror cards do you think Skybox held back from boxes? I'm sure some for replacement, but 75 is a high number for supposedly only 200 of each made.

Perhaps he procured an uncut sheet? Are the cards numbered on the back?

As I stated in earlier post, the cards from this seller appear correct as someone I know has purchased several from him and compared them to others from different dealers.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ebay seller who has sold a great many Mirror cards continues to sell them. He must have an endless supply.