Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    What to do with Duplicate Autos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What to do with Duplicate Autos
 Login/Join

Picture of AWR
posted
Just opened a box of Star Trek 50th and pulled the same 2 autos that I had pulled in a previous box (I did also pull a Mirror Mirror Heros Sulu, so that was cool)

What should I do with the autos - Kim Darby as Miri from Miri (Silver) and Barbara Babcock as Mea 3 from A Taste of Armageddon (Black)?

I could try selling them, but would rather see if they could help any collectors here on card talk, as well as helping me with my set. So would anybody is interested in a trade?

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I can help you. I only collect the silver auto ones, and I have a few of the others for trade. I will inbox you with the one I have for trade

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Hi.

I have a similar problem. I have an autograph card in duplicate ( Autograph card A280 Jesus Ochoa from the collection "James Bond Archives 2015").

I tried to sell but it doesn't work. ( It seems that nobody wants it. Frown )

Do you think someone would be interested for a trade ?

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I keep all my duplicates, with one exception. After pulling four Donna Douglas Twilight Zone autographs in a row I traded one for a Buffy autograph (which one I can't remember). One reason I've quit buying boxes to open is the duplication of autographs.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I trade my dupe auto cards and relic cards. I list them in the trading section here.

I have a few Buffy dupes and I'd like to trade them for autos I'm looking for....
I still need a TZ Donna Douglas auto (hint-hint)

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I just sigh and keep them. Big Grin

You almost never get a duplicate on anything but a common card and anyone who wants it already has that card. If you should pull a duplicate of a bigger hit you probably can make a trade, but chances are you would want to keep the duplicate yourself.

That TZ Douglas is a nice card and she has unfortunately passed away, so it should be easy to move it if that's what you want to do.

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
No, like I said I tend to keep everything! In my almost 30 years of collecting I've probably traded, never sold, less than six cards, not counting multiple copies of commons.

I just remembered, I bought two boxes about a month apart from two different sources of the James Bond Autographs & Relics 2013 and pulled the Roger Moore autograph from each. I was actually angry at the time but with hindsight feel it wasn't such a bad thing after all.

Posts: 2503 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post