Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Preacher Series 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preacher Series 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Topps has launched on its website new cards for Preacher Series 2, for 24 hours only

A new 5 card set every week, $ 20 per set

Relic cards #ed to 25, $ 50; relics numbered to 10, $ 75, and 1/1 relics, $ 200 each

The 1/1 and ones limited to 10 are already SOLD OUT

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The relic #/25 is also gone now.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I have an actress friend who was in Season 2 episode 1 in the background It would be awesome if she ended up in the background of a card.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Episode 2 is already available for the next 24 hours only. No wardrobe relic this time but here's a link to Topps' site where they show a few full-sized wardrobe pieces that they will be using via Topps NOW...

https://www.topps.com/blog/pre...-with-costume-cards/

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I bought all of the last season, but I am skipping these. I was hoping they would have done these for this season of Doctor Who, too bad they didn't.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Print runs are listed for the first two 5-card sets:

Season 2 Episode 1 - 80 sets
Season 2 Episode 2 - 71 sets

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The idea is fine, but something is lacking in the execution here.

Either the title is too narrow or there was too little time to get the word out, but participation is too low to even be bother.

On the one hand you are going to have a rare set with ultra limited production, but on the other hand you have a set that no one cares enough about to order. Demand will always trump supply, so rarity means little when no one wants it anyway. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
In addition to that, it's also summer and people are doing a lot of other stuff. The Topps Now baseball card numbers were very low, too, the last couple of days.

I did order one of each Preacher set so far, so it looks like I have a super short-printed collectible that no one else wants. Supply side? Great. Demand side? Not so good.

I also ordered one of the Wacky Packages OnDemand stickers this morning as it featured the creepy "Gotta Light?" hobo from the new "Twin Peaks". Couldn't pass on that one.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
No episode 3 yet...and its been almost 24 hours since it aired. Doesn't look good.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's a holiday so probably tomorrow

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I hope so, Batman. Happy 4th to all of you in the Batcave.

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Episode 3 set is now live.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Either the title is too narrow or there was too little time to get the word out, but participation is too low to even be bother.

On the one hand you are going to have a rare set with ultra limited production, but on the other hand you have a set that no one cares enough about to order. Demand will always trump supply, so rarity means little when no one wants it anyway. Big Grin

I always wonder why they only do it for 24 hours - why not a week? that way people who are away or forget on the one day have a few more to order them. Once you have missed one episode then people lose interest.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I always wonder why they only do it for 24 hours - why not a week? that way people who are away or forget on the one day have a few more to order them. Once you have missed one episode then people lose interest.

They do it that way because it is part of the gimmick. This is so live that it is only confined to this small window and isn't that so special? Big Grin

Of course you're right, 24 hours is dumb. Are card collectors so focused that they have nothing better to do on one of those ordering days than wait for the clock to hit midnight and get that Preacher set? Yeah they might have something else going on in their lives that day and if you miss one episode there goes your full set. Frown

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 3 - 82 sets

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just received the Week 1 set for this year. There's an upgrade to the cards over the ones from last year. These have a shimmery surface on the reverse side, not quite refractor perhaps, but noticeable.
It's nice, although I'm not sure why they didn't use the effect for the front of the cards. I'm just glad they didn't raise the price for it, haha...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 4 - 75 sets
Season 2 Episode 5 - 72 sets

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have one of each and will see it through. The cards are beautiful and the show is cooking now.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Don't have to play with the calculator for too long to see why Topps is playing this game.

Bravo!

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 4 - 75 sets
Season 2 Episode 5 - 72 sets
Season 2 Episode 6 - 79 sets