Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Preacher Series 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preacher Series 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated...

Season 2 Episode 1 - 80 sets
Season 2 Episode 2 - 71 sets
Season 2 Episode 3 - 82 sets
Season 2 Episode 4 - 75 sets
Season 2 Episode 5 - 72 sets
Season 2 Episode 6 - 79 sets
Season 2 Episode 7 - 65 sets

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
These numbers really are pathetic but then how many people in the world, even fans of the show, actually know the cards exist?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
These numbers really are pathetic but then how many people in the world, even fans of the show, actually know the cards exist?

See that's a really good question because card collectors are in a very small bubble these days, but much of non-sport cards involves shows and movies that fans can get into without necessarily being converted to other titles.

Why doesn't someone make a 30 second commercial to be shown during the show and tell viewers that there are trading cards for it? If a card company purchased the license, why aren't they getting that exposure and maybe non-card collectors will be interested.

I know extra cost, but the license cost money too and how much are you getting back when 65 sets is the best you can do?

Game of Thrones has millions of viewers. They are hacking the episodes its so popular. RA makes great cards with all the bells and whistles. This stuff should be selling out just for the autographs alone. Are the cards ever mentioned in all those entertainment articles about GoT actors and plots? Never in anything that I've seen, never but in NSU and on card related websites.

So how do viewers of any of these shows find out about the trading cards if they don't know a card collector? And for these weekly TOPPS Now releases, it hardly pays to make them at the rate most of them are going.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated...

Season 2 Episode 8 - 70 sets

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
So, is it a safe assumption that with the final set numbers dropping that interest is too?

How much does it cost to make a costume card? Topps banked $2,200 just for making three of them with the same design and then producing them in different colors and number increments.

Season one on Ebay seems to be holding in roughly the same ball park as the original cost. It will be interesting to see what the season 2 cards will do. Especially the sets with the costume cards.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 9 - 72 sets

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated...

Season 2 Episode 10 - 63 sets

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A new low, congratulations. Twak

At this point in the series the writers have gotten into the sticky wicket of the storyline of Preacher. I actually give them a lot of credit for trying to stick close to the source material, but that material is not just philosophical, its basically theology.

Forget about whether or not its offensive to any group, its not a lot of fun for viewers who want to be offended in other ways. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, I've got one of each of those sets, which actually registers as a decent percentage of the entire print run. The cards look a lot better this year because the color palette on the show itself is deeper and richer. The images selected have also been a little better, generally speaking. Also, there is an upgrade to the cards this year. The reverse side has a refractor-y shimmer effect (that really should be on the front of the card.)

I love the show, by the way. It's not the comic. It follows the basic structure of it, but they've taken a lot of liberties with the trio of protagonists. Whatever, it's working for me. I'm really hoping there'll be a third season.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am searching for one of the Wardrobe/Relics that was available. If anyone is interested in trading or selling theirs, PLEASE, let me know.

Posts: 1 | Location: USA | Registered: May 11, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updating Logan's Update:

Season 3 Episode 11 - 54 sets

How low can they go? I expect a little jump on the Episode 13 set, as it's the season (series?) finale, but the Episode 12 set coming up could well dip into the 40's.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updated...

Season 2 Episode 11 - 54 sets
Season 2 Episode 12 - 58 sets

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine this continuing for season 3, so it looks like this experiment will end. Another wardrobe or an autograph card would bump this up but the episode sets seem like there is no way to go but down.

I wonder if they will start doing other shows - Doctor Who, maybe? I am shocked that they didn't do this for Walking Dead.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Never mind the cards. I just hope there's a Season 3 for the show.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And mercifully this season of Topps NOW cards has come to an end. The final set from Episode 13 had 7 cards. All the others had 5.

Here are the final totals:

Season 2 Episode 11 - 54 sets
Season 2 Episode 12 - 58 sets
Season 2 Episode 13 - 66 sets

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The wrap-up "Talking Preacher" after the finale featured the show-runner plus Jesse, Eugene, and Starr on the couch. They seemed pretty confident there will be another season, and AMC is pretty good at sticking with shows with less than monster ratings.

They certainly have plenty of great source material for next year. Jesse's family on his mother's side are some legendary villains and he and Cassidy are heading straight for them, needing a big favor.

I loved the show this year. I can always tell when something like this is "good" when the hour flies by. (Also helps to DVR it and not start watching until 15 mins in to skip all commercials while still basically seeing it live)

It's weird in the good way, in that it follows a clear narrative, yet different enough from the comic to be it's own thing. Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy are like alternate universe versions of the comic characters, but Herr Starr and Grail Agents Hoover and Featherstone are straight from the comic, and fantastically chosen, hands down some of the most spot-on on comic book casting ever done. Grandma L'Angelle, Jody, and T.C for next year's "Big Bads" is another chance for the casting agents to shine. Those are some choice roles...