Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Preacher Series 2 (Topps)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/954605353/m/1427070786

June 26, 2017, 03:58 PM
Tommy C
Preacher Series 2 (Topps)
Topps has launched on its website new cards for Preacher Series 2, for 24 hours only

A new 5 card set every week, $ 20 per set

Relic cards #ed to 25, $ 50; relics numbered to 10, $ 75, and 1/1 relics, $ 200 each

The 1/1 and ones limited to 10 are already SOLD OUT
June 26, 2017, 06:05 PM
Logan
The relic #/25 is also gone now.
June 27, 2017, 01:28 PM
barobehere
I have an actress friend who was in Season 2 episode 1 in the background It would be awesome if she ended up in the background of a card.
June 27, 2017, 04:09 PM
Logan
Episode 2 is already available for the next 24 hours only. No wardrobe relic this time but here's a link to Topps' site where they show a few full-sized wardrobe pieces that they will be using via Topps NOW...

https://www.topps.com/blog/pre...-with-costume-cards/
June 27, 2017, 05:13 PM
Jason00
I bought all of the last season, but I am skipping these. I was hoping they would have done these for this season of Doctor Who, too bad they didn't.

June 29, 2017, 09:37 AM
Logan
Print runs are listed for the first two 5-card sets:

Season 2 Episode 1 - 80 sets
Season 2 Episode 2 - 71 sets
June 29, 2017, 10:48 PM
Raven
The idea is fine, but something is lacking in the execution here.

Either the title is too narrow or there was too little time to get the word out, but participation is too low to even be bother.

On the one hand you are going to have a rare set with ultra limited production, but on the other hand you have a set that no one cares enough about to order. Demand will always trump supply, so rarity means little when no one wants it anyway. Big Grin
June 30, 2017, 12:55 AM
chesspieceface
In addition to that, it's also summer and people are doing a lot of other stuff. The Topps Now baseball card numbers were very low, too, the last couple of days.

I did order one of each Preacher set so far, so it looks like I have a super short-printed collectible that no one else wants. Supply side? Great. Demand side? Not so good.

I also ordered one of the Wacky Packages OnDemand stickers this morning as it featured the creepy "Gotta Light?" hobo from the new "Twin Peaks". Couldn't pass on that one.

July 04, 2017, 09:04 PM
pendragon
No episode 3 yet...and its been almost 24 hours since it aired. Doesn't look good.
July 04, 2017, 10:08 PM
Batman
It's a holiday so probably tomorrow

July 05, 2017, 12:38 AM
pendragon
I hope so, Batman. Happy 4th to all of you in the Batcave.
July 05, 2017, 01:55 PM
Logan
Episode 3 set is now live.
July 06, 2017, 03:56 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Either the title is too narrow or there was too little time to get the word out, but participation is too low to even be bother.

On the one hand you are going to have a rare set with ultra limited production, but on the other hand you have a set that no one cares enough about to order. Demand will always trump supply, so rarity means little when no one wants it anyway. Big Grin

I always wonder why they only do it for 24 hours - why not a week? that way people who are away or forget on the one day have a few more to order them. Once you have missed one episode then people lose interest.
July 06, 2017, 08:24 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I always wonder why they only do it for 24 hours - why not a week? that way people who are away or forget on the one day have a few more to order them. Once you have missed one episode then people lose interest.

They do it that way because it is part of the gimmick. This is so live that it is only confined to this small window and isn't that so special? Big Grin

Of course you're right, 24 hours is dumb. Are card collectors so focused that they have nothing better to do on one of those ordering days than wait for the clock to hit midnight and get that Preacher set? Yeah they might have something else going on in their lives that day and if you miss one episode there goes your full set. Frown
July 08, 2017, 07:10 PM
Logan
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 3 - 82 sets
July 08, 2017, 08:13 PM
chesspieceface
Just received the Week 1 set for this year. There's an upgrade to the cards over the ones from last year. These have a shimmery surface on the reverse side, not quite refractor perhaps, but noticeable.
It's nice, although I'm not sure why they didn't use the effect for the front of the cards. I'm just glad they didn't raise the price for it, haha...

July 20, 2017, 09:37 PM
Logan
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 4 - 75 sets
Season 2 Episode 5 - 72 sets
July 20, 2017, 11:19 PM
chesspieceface
I have one of each and will see it through. The cards are beautiful and the show is cooking now.

July 26, 2017, 02:07 PM
mykdude
Don't have to play with the calculator for too long to see why Topps is playing this game.

Bravo!

July 26, 2017, 09:16 PM
Logan
Updated print runs...

Season 2 Episode 4 - 75 sets
Season 2 Episode 5 - 72 sets
Season 2 Episode 6 - 79 sets