Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SIMPSONS art de bart redeeption sketch
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIMPSONS art de bart redeeption sketch
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sometimes 2 bidders push it up very high, so I would look at #3 bidder and see where that is. If all variables are unchanged and number 1 bidder is out of the picture, one bid over number 3 bidder is probably where it will be. I am sure it is still a pretty high number though. Unless it is one of those really far third bids.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There were four bidders who bid $2,300 or more, and they all had plenty of feedbacks, so all of those bids were likely legitimate. It's a good card, no doubt about it. Along with the "History of Bongo Comics" 1993 Comic-Con Ashcan promo comics, the actual Art D'Bart Sketch card, and the Simpsons Downunder Bartarang redemption card, the "Lucky Day" card is one of the Holy Grails of Simpsons comics and cards related collectibles.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't talking about legitimacy. I have seen auctions where the top 2 bidders are "win at all cost" and number 3 is a far 3rd, so if there was 1 instead of 2, it would have been a lot lower.

Obviously it wasn't in this case which now I know and that is good for Joey.

Yep, those cards are holy grails. Somebody I know bought all those cards maybe 12 years ago or so and got good stuff from Australia. All the cards, redemption cards from all Simpsons sets and the Bartarang along with other redemption cards from non-Simpsons sets. He was really excited about all these hard to find limited cards.

David

Posts: 328 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: February 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Tempo line, of which Simpsons Downunder was a part, were some of the nicest looking cards ever made. I wish Tempo had been able to hang in there, but the late 90's were very tough for non-sports cards.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi,
Did anyone notice this auction for another Lucky Day card?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291174...id=p3984.m1423.l2649

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi,
If anyone has the Lucky Day card please contact me so I can make you a strong offer. thx, eric

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know where I might find one of these cards available for sale? I'd be very interested (along with everyone else I'm sure) in acquiring one, even if the price is a little higher than previous comparable sales. Please send me a note at livin4thefiftytwos@comcast.net. Thanks!

Posts: 1 | Location: California | Registered: August 23, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder folks....buying and selling is not permitted on NSU's discussion forums. I missed one of the posts above so I won't come down on anyone but please keep it in mind as we do generally remove buying/selling posts. Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the October 1994 issue of one of the card magazines (will I get in trouble saying that it was Cards Illustrated?), Skybox was quoted as saying 110 of the 400 cards had been redeemed, also adding that 21 of 67 of the Ultraverse II Original Art Exchange redemption cards had been exchanged. Does anyone know now around what date Skybox stopped redeeming them?

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

In the October 1994 issue of one of the card magazines (will I get in trouble saying that it was Cards Illustrated?), Skybox was quoted as saying 110 of the 400 cards had been redeemed,

So where are the other 290, i refuse to believe somebody destroyed them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
What was Cards Illustrated? Sounds like it had some good info

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It ran for about 30 issues, was usually polybagged with promos, and had a lot of great information. Full color glossy pages.

There was another called "Combo" which evolved from a couple of different collector magazines, one for cards and one for comics. It also made it for about 25 issues. It was also usually polybagged with promos and had partial color sections but also a thicker black and white section that included a price guide for non-sports cards, comics, action figures, etc., hence the name "Combo"

Tuff Stuff's Collect! ran a little longer than those, releasing intermittent issues all the way through the 90's (Cards Illustrated and Combo only survived through the peak of 90's trading cards, from around 1992 to 1995).

Uninterrupted publication for over a quarter century, and still the pulse of our hobby, Non-Sport Update, was however, the best of them all, even back then, when the market was healthy enough that 4 almost totally non-sports card dedicated magazines could thrive, and those in additions to several other magazines, including "Wizard", which also covered non-sports cards.

I have a pretty decent collection of all of them. They together comprise an amazing reference library, particularly for releases from the boom era that was the first half of the 1990's.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, and there was also Triton, which like Combo covered various collectibles but lasted maybe a year. Another one was Comic Collector's Price Guide which covered cards as well. All these magazines were bagged with promos, some of them being exclusive to certain issues.

I picked up some cards at a local flea market yesterday and also found two unopened issues of Cards Illustrated for $2 each. I didn't recall having those particular issues and wanted to read them to see if there was any interesting information inside. I remembered this thread about the Art de Bart cards and wanted to pass along what had been reported. That quote of about 147 redemption cards being turned in (earlier in this thread) must have been reported later in the year or the year after that. It would be interesting to know the original source of that. I assume some number of cards were redeemed even after that too.

I think a number of questions collectors currently have (such as the source of various promos, the print runs of various cards/sets, etc.) could be answered in various back issues of NSU and the other magazines.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Comic Collector's Price Guide merged with Card Collector's Price Guide to form Combo. Each of those magazines had run for about 3 years before forming Combo which Itself lasted three more years, so the publishers had a good 6 year run in total.

Triton only went 5 issues, I think. Issue #1 had a set of 3 Daredevil cards and I actually have a retailer incentive foil border version of one of those. Can't be too many of those out there...

Overstreet Comic Book Monthly ran for about a year and a half and was sometimes bagged with promo cards as part of their "Giveaway Gimmick" they offered as an incentive. That magazine transformed into the slicker, thicker "Overstreet's Fan" which was much like the long running Wizard Magazine and its doppelganger Hero Illustrated which ran about 2 years (as did Overstreet's Fan). All were glossy comic book-sized magazines that covered comics, action figures, comic related media, and trading cards and commonly included promos through about 1995. Only Wizard lasted beyond that, but generally stopped being bagged with premiums of any kind not long after that.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
With regard to Collect, I believe that towards the end it moved away from cards (not entirely) and was featuring articles about comics, action figures, and statues, as well.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Wow, I recall a few of those magazines! I wonder if I still have them somewhere.
Maybe there should be a thread about those magazines and all their interesting non-sport card related information.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had all of those magazines at one point.

Regarding Triton, it lasted only 4 or 5 issues, but one issue had the Valiant Thank You Cards by Upper Deck in them, 1 card per issue. Years after the company folded, I called the distributor (which released other magazines) and bought 50 copies of the Triton for like $ 1 each, just to get the cards

Wizard began in 1992, and I bought every single issue, until sometime in the early 2000s. It went from a comic book sized magazine to a larger, regular sized mag in 2006 and then ended in 2011. I literally had them all from the first 10-12 years or so, but threw them out about 5 years back. Smile

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post