Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    SIMPSONS art de bart redeeption sketch
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIMPSONS art de bart redeeption sketch
 Login/Join

posted
Hi, I am curious what other sketch cards look like. Has anyone seen one with Homer? I wish there was a website where all 400 sketches could be seen. Until then, here are mine. If anyone has one I would love to see it. Maybe post it here.plastered_peanuts@yahoo.com thanks, eric

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15 | Location: california | Registered: May 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those are terrific! You likely have three of the nicer ones out there, and to have a redemption card, too, wowzer!

Those are the holy grails of Simpsons cards, I think only the Bartarang redemption card, limited to 50 (from Simpsons Down Under made by Tempo Australia in 1997) even comes close, but even if I had one, I'd trade it for any one of the four cards you've shown in a heartbeat. (I do have the Sample Bartarang card, so at least there's a version of it in my binder.)

As for what's drawn on your cards, I don't think too many have as many words written on them as your top photo Bart does, and your Marge is the first of her I've ever seen. I've seen at least 50 of them, and it's fair to say the vast majority feature Bart, kind of appropriate considering it is called the Art D'Bart, after all!

Congrats on your haul, it is truly exceptional, and thanks for sharing. Despite Simpsons cards being some of my most treasured collectibles, I won't ever match your achievement, of that I'm certain.

I'll just have to be happy with my 17 Simpsons Mania sketch cards and the 10 or so sketches I've got from Matt himself at Comic Con over the years. Big Grin

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sweet card! thanks for sharing. does it have the skybox stamp? what # out of 400 is it?

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
yes 329/400

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prenz:
Those are seriously cool pieces! Mine:

I only see a box with a red X.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are four more, none mine Frown

These are fairly typical of most of I've seen, and you used to be able to get one like these for $300 or so. Those days are gone.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of estephano
posted Hide Post
On eBay Germany there currently a pretty low number listed (#033/400) and the BIN is ridiculously high at 1,199.99 EUROS considering it's just the standard Bart sketch.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Simpson...&hash=item53eddbf939

Posts: 101 | Location: Stuttgart (Germany) | Registered: January 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
what number is the homer card and is it yours??

Posts: 3 | Location: australia | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Man I hope I can get one of these one day. Very cool cards posted everyone.

Posts: 9 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi. This is a great thread, I thought I'd share two of mine. The second one really sums it all up.

I have some other art de bart cards, as well as alot of early boxed Simpsons stuff for sale, (which ill post in the appropriate sale forums) but feel free to email me if you'd like pictures or more info.

Posts: 1 | Location: London, UK | Registered: July 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What's your email?

Posts: 3 | Location: australia | Registered: June 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great thread. I have 83,134 and 341. 83 and 134 have the skybox embosing, but 341 is doesnt.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chrisp,

Posts: 4 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple of bartman variations ive seen 316 & 386

Posts: 4 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prenz
posted Hide Post
YES!! The Bartman lives! Bouncey

Posts: 162 | Location: Montreal Canada | Registered: December 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anybody have any cards without the skybox embossing??
Are these the cards found in the card packets or redeemed via the lucky day card.

Which would be more more rare?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There used to be a number floating around as to how many were actually redeemed of the 400. I want to say 147 since that's the number that pops to mind. But even were that true, it's hard to know exactly how many were embossed. They may have embossed them one by one as they were redeemed, or maybe they would do 50 at a time, and then do another 50 when those ran out. That embosser was pretty busy those days, I seem to remember many of the Skybox autograph cards being embossed in those days.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know this is an art de bart thread but i would be cool if any body with or has seen the lucky day cards post here as well.

I an still yet to get my hands on one Frown

These are the only ones i have seen 173 & 201