Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Card Discussion    Alias season 3 + 4 autos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alias season 3 + 4 autos
 Login/Join

Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted
I saw some boxes on the net for a pretty decent price, but wanted to know if the autographs in the boxes were all redemptions.

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only redemptions are for Vivica Fox in season 3 and Gina Torres in season 4. As there were 12 autos in season 3 and 10 in season 4 your odds of pulling a redemption are relatively small.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Allender has done great job by having redemption information on his website.
http://nslists.com/alias3.htm
http://nslists.com/alias4.htm

He welcomes updates to his site if someone has missing redemption info.

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies! Inkworks sometimes were pretty bad with redemption cards, almost drove collectors into madness when you found one!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I never liked redemption cards either, but sometimes they were a consequence of the type of set. Collectors wanted autographs. Inkworks specialized in current movie/television properties.

The timing of release could have been critical to success for the set, and there might not have been time to solicit autographs and get them through three or four levels of handling in time to be packaged.

Some manufacturers also hate redemptions, and either (a) avoid those types of properties, (b) offer something other than autographs, (c) solicit more autos than they can use in one set and make the final checklist at the last moment - maybe with an expansion to follow or maybe with cards signed for "Season 1" held for "Season 2", (d) delay the release date and hope the product is timeless.

Of course, if a company had a reputation for including redemptions in their products and it subsequently closes, that's why you can see their boxes "for a pretty decent price." Inkworks was very good about honoring redemptions long after any printed expiry date until the bankruptcy judge told them they had to give them up.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post