Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK Mail
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
In mid to late December, I bought approximately a half dozen cards and promos on the new UFO set by Unstoppable.

All of the packages were sent the same way, using international tracking. All were sent more or less around the same time.

Of the dozen or so packages, all but 1 arrived by January 12.

1 package with tracking says still at Langley Airport in London as of Dec 25. No further info.

Anyone else have this problem ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
We are having massive problems with mail over here. I sent a package out on Dec 8th to stay in the uk and it has still not arrived.

I am also waiting for packages to arrive that have been sent so it is a problem either way.

Due to Covid some postal units are down to a 10th of the usual staff and can deal with next to nothing.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I have a package from Germany sent around 18th Dec still in Germany at the moment.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today I received notification from the Post Office that a package for me had just cleared customs. I am hopeful it is one of the 4 packages still outstanding from before Christmas which hopefully will be duty unlike the last one. I had to pay £5.78 duty plus £8 collection fee on declared value of $25. I still have other overseas packages outstanding that were mailed after Christmas which probably will not arrive until February or March.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I have 3 packages going ONE state over that haven't scanned in tracking since Dec 31st. I coulda walked 'em over....it's a mess. I'm afraid to look at international tracking.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just had an Ebay purchase from Canada delivered in 4 days!!! Purchased on 12th delivered 16th

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have a package from America which seems to have taken up residence in Chicago International Airport. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I have a package from Germany sent around 18th Dec still in Germany at the moment.

Mine turned up yesterday. Smile

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Small package from UK with 3 cards mailed on Dec 21. Arrived Feb 4.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I have a package from America which seems to have taken up residence in Chicago International Airport. Frown

This has now arrived. All good things come to those that wait. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Like Hammer I recently received a card ordered from Canada arrive in 4 days via letter post yet I am still waiting for packages mailed from Canada in October and December to arrive as well as another mailed in January. I do hope will be right and it will be worth the wait.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I have a card that has been stuck at Heathrow for over a month. Took two months to get a card from Seattle.

Gotta love the contrast. Shop on line because of covid! Oh ****! We can't get it to you because of covid!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Morning

Just received a small packet sent using eBay's global tracking (a first for me), a $6 lot cost me $14 postage and a $8 import charge. Mailed on Jan 25th from Virginia (expected delivery 18th February). Nothing really untoward however it arrived in a bubble envelope which appears to have been added after the seller had mailed it with the original envelope opened (I presume for my real address). Inside was the original mailed envelope addressed to me but at an address in Kentucky. Although I had received a tracking number I had not bothered to check its progress. Is this procedure of repackaging a normal procedure when using eBay's global tracking?

Normally, if I can, I go for the cheapest method of shipping but I thought I would see how global tracking works now that we are not part of the EU. Not too happy with the import charge which should only be 20% VAT not 40%. Clearly eBay have got something wrong.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

thought I would see how global tracking works

John

You pay $28 for $6 worth of cards, that's how it works or doesn't work which is more like it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

thought I would see how global tracking works

John

You pay $28 for $6 worth of cards, that's how it works or doesn't work which is more like it.

Wolfie

I paid $6 for the lot but it was worth far more than that especially to me. The only real gamble was the on actual amount of import duty. I could have gambled on just doing the international shipping rate which is about $14 and chance it with the import duty of 20% vat which is charged on the cost of the shipping as well as the value stated by the seller which if imposed would have incurred an additional fee of £8 (approx $11) for the Royal Mail to collect it. I believe overall the gamble was worth it this time.

regards

John

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I believe overall the gamble was worth it this time.

regards

John

Hey John if your happy i'm happy for you. Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
quote:
Good Morning

Is this procedure of repackaging a normal procedure when using eBay's global tracking?

regards

John

Yes the global shipping company will open the package and check its contents to make sure you have been sent the correct item and that its not damaged before they send it onto you. It does cost more than direct shipping but that extra protection can be worth it.

Posts: 120 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: June 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank You Neilsy

regards

John